New vs Old Skill System

On 5/2/2017 at 3:13 PM, Zuzu said:

Since I've played all classes for Old and New skill system, I prefer the new.

For me, nothing really changed since I've been used to either build depending on whatever class it is.

However this makes it a lot easier for newer players since it seemed like they couldn't grasp that certain skills shouldn't go with other skills when doing their builds.

who are you to tell them how they should play, hmmm? so you just wanna force your own ways into other people.

***wall of txt ahead D: ***

for me to some classes it's better but to some other classes it kinda *cricket* up since now if I want use bees instead sunflower on my summy I need rebuild everything since can't use bees with my sunflower build which p*sses me off coz I only use it in yeti to kill the dude on the icey thing faster.... -.- other than that my scummy skill build and skills in general I like it how it is now.

for my fm it kinda scr*wed me over.... I really don't like the new system for fm since it forces me to favor either fire or ice when before I could have both and could glide and use my icey move while in a more fire build... now even when in ice build... they moved the bloody key to it... if it suppose b more convenient - it's not.

now I'm one of those players that have all the classes...

for destroyer I'd say it's easier now lol but I didn't play my destro prior to the change, I mean I tried after they messed up the accessories and wep paths so we won't have a wep and accessories to progress till we in our 40s and b4 last patch with the skill changes my destroyer felt like its damage was shyt now it seems better and smoother play (talking bout low lv since I was tryin lvup my destro b4 after they decided we shouldnt have a progressive weapons from lv1... >.> so for destroyer the change seems b cool but I haven't tried in pvp so can't tell too much bout the changes.

on my bd - the change is really awesome I like it, made sunder far more useful than it used to for me lol ! :)

sin went from "awesomely annoying" in pvp to "impossibly annoying" in pvp if you vs them.... you basically can sit there in stealth with some moves and stun to death people or worse just stall timer as you circle around the arena till timer wares off leading a "draw" and you win only based on timer which again.... p*sses me off coz there's nothing fair bout it for the player you vs -.- but the skill changes for sin were definitely a bliss for pve.... not sure bout shadow build for pve since there's always the debate which does more damage and used to see in the path some sins doing more damage out of stealth (shadow damage) than while in stealth (lightning..)

idk why some people QQ bout kfm... I was one of the few (I think we were a few lol) that went more "windy" build b4 patch...before patch going wind didn't seem like it slows my dps and it was quite fast.... now it seems like the devs favor fire build lol wind is superslow makes me feel like I'm lagging which I'm not, it's the build itself :c while on fire build dps is superfast coz skills proc every single time and I can use searing palm constantly which is awesome, makes me feel efficient tanker since I know what skills are "threat" so I use those to maintain aggro on me at all times, makes it easier... as of b4 I needed to read the skill description to see which 1 gives me aggro. it makes me sad however to see that wind build both on bd and kfm now became builds that I don't think anyone will use... I don't find wind useful in pve for bd... lightning is far more damage (I think?) and for kfm it feels much slower... so doubt any1 will prefer that less he's really lagging and he won't feel the fire and wind build differences as he hit stuff lol

for wl as some mentioned b4 the change is barely noticeable ... it feels almost same, only "change" for a wl is that you now can see better what each skill you use does in the paths... it's not really a big change as sometimes when using some skills too fast or even spamming them skills (happens on my fm too btw ! ) the mob will reset and its hp will go back to 100% which REALLY ANNOYS me ! >.< so wl is very buggy even after the patch... not sure if the devs can do somethin bout it, if so they need to really look into it to see what they can do to change that so mobs won't reset? seems bit of a headache to me but I'm not tech~nerd to know how these things works lol

bottom line for me is ~ yes some of the classes benefit more than others when it comes to the new skill system while others feels at a disadvantage.

I really don't like the new system for fm it's one of the very few classes that should be able use BOTH ELEMENTS freely and shouldn't b altered just because the other classes are in a certain system ! for fm I REALLY liked how it used to be and not the new system I DON'T like how they nerfed shadow grasp and how they moved some of my skills to other keys -.- the whole idea of a FORCE master is to have the ability to use BOTH elements to get the best of both worlds ! >.< I used to go hybrid b4 the patch... certain skills go fire while others go icey... made pvp much smoother, made me feel strong and not in disadvantage to certain classes... now in pvp when I go as other classes and I face a fm it feels to me like the only ones that manage to beat me are those that uses macros coz there's no way they can pull out certain combos so smoothly.

happened once that I went tag with my clanm8 and we faced a fm that his combos were just too perfect we couldn't do anything and it felt like we were facing a bot or something coz we went from 100% hp to 0% with a single combo at times felt like we couldn't hit him once ...

On 5/9/2017 at 2:31 AM, Lamae said:

who are you to tell them how they should play, hmmm? so you just wanna force your own ways into other people.

When I want to actually clear a dungeon/boss that requires DPS then yes I'd want someone to actually use a correct build over a jumbled mess that gives off no DPS whatsoever.

I don't mind having fun and messing around with different skills but if you can't even attempt to optimize the DPS output with it then why even play it? Why hinder others from clearing a dungeon/boss because you want to mess around the point where it won't benefit even you?

Came back to the game from a long rest just after the April update with the new system. Like a few here have pointed out i had at least 2 or 3 tabs for builds in my KFM and WL for various scenarios (Generaly one for PVE, PVP and the last one for test thingies). Also i got used to change skills on the run in pvp pretty fast when i played back then. Now, the changes are... I am confronted. It makes things easier to understand, also the hongmoon trainer area thing helps a lot with combos and such things you had to learn the hard way in the game.

For one, i did not had problems at all with the old system. All i did to understand the skills was read them taking my time and try them in pvp, friends and foes alike to learn from my mistakes. The builds back then were... builds. It made a diference and each character could be unique in a cool way. My friends/gf and i played mostly PvE so we had our builds to support each others with sudden burst of power for example. If something needed to be changed, we simply did it. Now... Well, every build is the same, save just a couple of skills and thats it. You cant even mix skills/elements anymore and that is the most frustating part of all i can think on right now.

So, i think it was a mistake.

One the things B&S had -for me- to enjoy was the old skil system, and now it's dead. I dont even know what was so dificult about the old one... It was very clear on everything.

Archived