Forums

New vs Old Skill System

I want to see how many people prefer the old skill system to the new one and vice versa.

I for one prefer the old skill system since it gave the game a "Play however you want to play" sort of feel. (Also, Soul Fighters without Dragonpunch just makes the class unsatisfying to play >_<) 

I prefer the new system, it's 100x easier to switch skills around on the fly (ie kd/stun effects for Iruga or PvP skills in TOI) and the various filters further that easiness. Only thing I would add is a filter for Focus Recovery since there isn't one.

I got a BM, a KFM and a WL at cap, and generaly speaking:

WL is almost the same, with the same bugs and all (soul shackles still have a chance to reset mobs), BM is a LOT easier to play, with a few more skills avalible (that were once blocked by the skill paths you would take), but KFM got more (unecessarily) complicated.

Nothing really bad but I play with ping 300+ and I can't rely on some given combos for KFM. The new system doesn't give as much freedom to use skills as the old, so a few skills that would fit perfectly together are now in diferent elemental paths.

Since I've played all classes for Old and New skill system, I prefer the new.

For me, nothing really changed since I've been used to either build depending on whatever class it is.

However this makes it a lot easier for newer players since it seemed like they couldn't grasp that certain skills shouldn't go with other skills when doing their builds.

It's a easier design. Switching between the skills anyway. However, the removal of skills from classes always bothers me, like with FM and KFM. The only bright side is that some of it was buffed.

Yet some classes got a lil too buffed.

1 hour ago, Wataru said:

New one is harder to find specific skills to change unless it's CC.

Old was was easier for knowing what unlocking HM skills did to your skills.

Newer one also tells you what unlocking HM skills do o.o

Leveling is a joy now.  You don't have to trudge through levels with a half-baked power.  You get to have the fully realized version right away.  That said I hate how many situational powers they removed, like KFM only being able to grapple airborn targets, and not stunned, dazed or knocked down ones any more.

When I first rolled a Destro a while back, I thought my 250 ping was responsible for being unable to do the Lmb-Rmb animation cancel.  But now I can do it like a champ!

On 5/4/2017 at 10:54 AM, Wataru said:

Where?

When you hover on the book, if you have the skill icon selected and haven't learned the HM skill yet it highlights in Green what difference the HM makes. 

Boooo! to new system.

old system 100%. -> shadow dest gets 3 sec wrath for stacking will power on old system, in new system everything is shit! <- nerfed combo destroyer(old shadow) because its good.

KFM will never fully realize its potential (greatest disaster of the year).

BM Got lots of love again~ I play bm too but it's absurd no lost of nothing for more dps wtf is this? kfm can't double stun(excluding kick which is a reflex skill) without losing tremor so how is this fair? I say remove all bm cc if you are using fire build. =) make it fair!

They say it didn't gate skills well lyn blade dancer at lower levels can't use burning scourge! and wtf I felt good back then when i pt with 3 bds and I'm only 1 who cared to research my build now those other blade dancers can just 1 click in skill book and wala they are as good as me!

In conclusion the patch is to potatofy all classes to just 1-2 button style and it sure favors easy classes like range classes, blade master and ass- ass-in. it favors potatoness that assassin don't even need to use choke bomb to skip poison stacking cuz weaps proc its crit buff so much this patch.

As a sin, I ended up gaining much more than I lost, so it's a no-brainer. But even without that, honestly the convenience is just too nice, I wouldn't want to go back. Previously I was often too lazy to spec according to the situation or class in pvp, but now it's super fast and simple. I like the system a lot more than I thought I would.  The only thing that annoys me is that you can't unspec a few things such as web, which can get in the way when they're not needed. 

On 5/6/2017 at 10:33 PM, NineArt said:

When you hover on the book, if you have the skill icon selected and haven't learned the HM skill yet it highlights in Green what difference the HM makes. 

Doesn't work like that.

2 hours ago, Wataru said:

IDoesn't work like that.

I don't have HM versions of anything (because of filthy solo casual) so can't speak of what happens if you hover on the skill with it. But if you don't have HM version, hovering the book will tell you what the skill looks like with HM unlocked, with a text below saying *Available after unlocking HM secret...*.

I prefer more new skill system than the old one, back in the days u had to spec and respec all the time and sometimes be like what points should i take out what points should i put in but now its fast and easy few clicks away and i have changed my build the way i want it w/o thinking about points. So New skill system ftw 

23 hours ago, Tsuzor said:

I prefer more new skill system than the old one, back in the days u had to spec and respec all the time and sometimes be like what points should i take out what points should i put in but now its fast and easy few clicks away and i have changed my build the way i want it w/o thinking about points. So New skill system ftw 

^ back then it takes brain, now it doesn't (slow clap). its always nice to not ever think, its just like becoming a potato or something.

On 5/6/2017 at 3:48 PM, Deicidium said:

As a sin, I ended up gaining much more than I lost, so it's a no-brainer. But even without that, honestly the convenience is just too nice, I wouldn't want to go back. Previously I was often too lazy to spec according to the situation or class in pvp, but now it's super fast and simple. I like the system a lot more than I thought I would.  The only thing that annoys me is that you can't unspec a few things such as web, which can get in the way when they're not needed. 

becoming a potato is quiet convenient, won't have to worry about sentient thoughts.

is always nice to be lazy, because that is how you get good. btw there is skill expansion thing for a reason. 

23 hours ago, Tsuzor said:

On 5/6/2017 at 3:48 PM, Deicidium said:

^ in conclusion those who loves current skill system loves lazing around and not thinking.

On 5/3/2017 at 7:06 AM, Lettuce is Sweet said:

Leveling is a joy now.  You don't have to trudge through levels with a half-baked power.  You get to have the fully realized version right away.  That said I hate how many situational powers they removed, like KFM only being able to grapple airborn targets, and not stunned, dazed or knocked down ones any more.

When I first rolled a Destro a while back, I thought my 250 ping was responsible for being unable to do the Lmb-Rmb animation cancel.  But now I can do it like a champ!

^ what the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ are you talking about most skills are locked to lvl 45 now that used to be lvl 20 skills. idk if you meant your only half baked potato.

Archived