Suggestion Qualitys of Improvement for Summoner

Alysha Hawkeye

tl;nr: Move the normal Lunge from Tab to C. Strike will become available when cat is in melee range with the target, and become a non-CC no-cooldown Lunge out of melee range.

Change Clawnado from non-target skill to target-skill to avoid overlapping with C Lunge.

Make Beckon skill that have the cat face the same direction of Summoner when it drops down.

+++

Commanding familiar to attack target is pretty awkward in this game. You cannot stop a cat or order it to attack different target/quickly re-issue attack command without sacrifice long-cooldown skills. In the latter case, you will have to use your 45s Lunge, which you want to keep, especially against bosses require CC, or when you want to change target but do not want to risk wrong CC.

The 45s Lunge and the normal Lunge share the same button, with the first priortized over the second when it is off cooldown.

I think the normal Lunge should be changed to C button, when the cat is not in melee range.

Reasons:

-C button is a melee skill. You cannot use it without the cat being on melee range with the target, which makes its function not being overlapped if you move the normal Lunge from Tab to C.

-Clawnado is an exception as it is a non-target AoE skill. However, Summoner rarely uses Clawnado, and when they use it, they always make sure that the cat is in melee range and face the target. So, Clawnado should be change into an target AoE skill will not harm anything, and it will help avoid overlapping with C Lunge.

+++

Also, Beckon has a problem that the cat when dropped down will face a random direction, which makes it very hard to use x2 Anklebiter. I think the cat should always face the same direction with the Summoner.

I'm struggling with Lunge and no-cd Lunge when targetting mobs but doesn't the cat change targets too when you attack another mob? There's also a setting that allows you to change targets faster.

As for Beckon, what situations where you encounter problems when you cast Beckon with the cat facing you? If it's only for PVP, there's a slight delay for the cat to face the enemy assuming you're still attacking him.

The only problem I have with Clawnado is indeed not being a target skill but also on Strike T3S2 because I believe it's better to make it aoe instead of a target.

Its like asking to move stun flicker and daze tab from their keys because you see, you can spam those without any cd and yet they have a 45sec cc on them. Same skills go on the same buttons, stop whining and start using your hears to combo skills not just randomly pressing buttons.

PS: there is a button to pull back your cat (anicancel an attack) I guess you dont know your class that well.

To change target ->call cat back, attack desired target. You don't have to use lunge command, cat automatically uses the 3 second one when you attack something.

Why is cat not changing target when you do a good thing? Sometimes in 2 (or more) bosses fights I let my cat tank 1 boss while I attack the other. I don't have to worry about what cat is doing, just make sure it doesn't die. Applies to multiple situations.

47 minutes ago, Nekonata said:

To change target ->call cat back, attack desired target. You don't have to use lunge command, cat automatically uses the 3 second one when you attack something.

Why is cat not changing target when you do a good thing? Sometimes in 2 (or more) bosses fights I let my cat tank 1 boss while I attack the other. I don't have to worry about what cat is doing, just make sure it doesn't die. Applies to multiple situations.

woah nice familiar u got there...can tank 1 boss O_O

33 minutes ago, Nekonata said:

8 seconds of taunt with 12 sec cooldown... only 4 seconds of face-tanking if it still has aggro or stands in aoes :v

..........its like 2 players then LOL...1 tanker 1 support/healer =/

17 minutes ago, newbiez said:

..........its like 2 players then LOL...1 tanker 1 support/healer =/

And it deals decent damage as well...Best class ever right? It only lacks a party damage buff to make it all in 1. I'd prefer restraint skill on cat grapple.

10 minutes ago, Nekonata said:

And it deals decent damage as well...Best class ever right? It only lacks a party damage buff to make it all in 1. I'd prefer restraint skill on cat grapple.

hope thrall can be useful too than just become the sb sacrifice...

1 minute ago, newbiez said:

hope thrall can be useful too than just become the sb sacrifice...

I would be happy if it could move on it's own or  have low cooldown call back/jump to target skill. Also infinite timer. Kinda like the cat, except it has soulburn instead of grapple and can't really tank. And can be dressed up. Sigh...

31 minutes ago, Nekonata said:

I would be happy if it could move on it's own or  have low cooldown call back/jump to target skill. Also infinite timer. Kinda like the cat, except it has soulburn instead of grapple and can't really tank. And can be dressed up. Sigh...

yea the funny part is warlock need to keep on summoning their familiar but their name not summoner xD

Archived