6v6 Battleground.

NFix

Im just curious how the match making works. Since i started this game all the time i get like hm 1 players near me with zero pvp soul shields and freaking amount of whales in the enemy team.
Just asking how is it possible to farm points or even anything when i get these kind of match making.
its happens like 99% of matches. How to avoid it or even how to try to get 100 wins?? when even 10 wins takes year to make it.
And please dont tell me that make it lonely cus its all about team..

I just wanted to start a discussion about this, the matchmaking thing.

It seems that it rely only on ranking without taking in consideration nor the equip / level nor the class of players.

If until a couple of months ago it was hard but doable (for me about one loss and one win) now it's completely impossible to win a battleground. In a week i think i won only a couple of match. There's too well gear player, almost full legendary with stage 10 souls at lower rank (silver). 

The real problem for me it's not the losing itself, the problem is that not winning i cannot afford to improve my stats. I have 5/8 legendary pvp soulshield but i still need the achievement of 100 wins in whirlwind to buy the others piece. And here began the infinite loop, cannot buy ss if i don't win and i have very very very low chance of win if i don't improve my stats (crit def in primis) buying the ss.

How is it possibile to continue like this ? I mean i don't bother if i lose if the game if is somewhat balanced, but like Lerialis said 1800 / 100 ? Are you serious ? There is something wrong with design here.

But i dont' want to complain without being constructive so i have a couple of possible solutions:

1. Fix the matchmaking doing a check not only on the ranking but even on some critic stats of the players or class ( i know that this could be difficult). If full legendary on one side and lowies on other despite the rank there's some issue here.

2. Find a way to make it easier for a lowies to gear up. One solution that i was thinking about for example is to merge the victory of Beluga and the one from Whirlwind to buy the legendary soul shield. Whirlwind it's only 3 times a week while Beluga that don't even need the achievement is 4, why ? It could be inverted.

3. Fix the matchmaking based on the level of the player. I know that it could not totally resolve the issue, but having HM1-5 against HM10-14 is pretty ridicolous.

Let me know what you thing about this

1 hour ago, paingwar said:

The real problem for me it's not the losing itself, the problem is that not winning i cannot afford to improve my stats. I have 5/8 legendary pvp soulshield but i still need the achievement of 100 wins in whirlwind to buy the others piece. And here began the infinite loop, cannot buy ss if i don't win and i have very very very low chance of win if i don't improve my stats (crit def in primis) buying the ss.

it is better to use 5 leg pvp + 3 challenger than full leg pvp ss

Elo match up is the only way to do it without creating a lot of room for exploitation.

Just as a thought, if Highlander can do a Naksun run with 240 AP, what do you think would happen to poor newbies if match making was based on AP or HM level and some 1v1 platinum demon decided to go on a killing spree?

As for constantly losing, that is near impossible unless the geared higher rank players in your party are being trolls.

Some go afk because they are teamed up with badly geared team mates and they are lazy. I have had that several times where I had four 130-150k players (including me) in the team and half of them would go afk because the other two were 60k cookies.

I recommend to get your crit def in shape with 5 Elder and 3 challenger (Sparring SS even if you cannot manage higher ToI yet), and secondarily focus on HP. Once you stop dying is when battlegrounds start to be fun. ^_^

The matchmaking in 6v6 is heavily favoring one team while heavily disfavoring the other team.

Just sometimes do you experience a balanced and exciting fight where you feel that you have to just work a little bit harder to win.

Most battleground matches are already decided after one minute, even before the match even begins, when you actually check player profiles and see that in your party or in enemy party there are HM5's with 500AP and no PvP Soulshield set and the lowest AP in the other team being 750 AP.

This imbalance is unfortunately always the case and I feel like it is so intentionally.

Maybe this matchmaking imbalance is intentionally put out to make the system have more accurate predictions of which party will win and lose since the parties are matched so unfairly that most of the systems predictions will come always true.

One thing is definitely clear, the matchmaking is not throwing players together randomly but it is creating one party that is predestined to lose and another party that is predestined to win.

Since matches draw out over extended time periods with multiple clashes, if one team is only 10% stronger than the other the result will look very one sided anyway.

From the experience of D/C (and sadly also afk) situations I can tell you that fighting 5 vs 6 makes a huge difference for the outcome of most battles, and that would not be possible if the game matched you up with a huge power difference on purpose.

Very one sided matches usually only happen if rankings are not adjusted to a players actual power yet, so at the start of seasons or when a player has not played 6v6 for a long time. The problem exists in 1v1 and 3v3 as well, but is worse in 6v6 because rankings need longer to adjust properly as the personal contribution to win or lose is only a 6th.

Oh and my personal experience is that it's not the "weak" team members that everybody keeps bashing on that make their team lose but more often it's a very strong player duo that makes their team win.

battleground has definitely become trash lately. it use to be very fun when regardless of gear you could outplay whales for victory but now when you are up against whales with true souls,unleashed pets, and raven weapons skill goes out the window. matchmaking is broken and its routine now to see 500 apers in high gold ranks on pve builds so bad they shouldnt even be doing BSH face off against mega whales(even before rank reset).

Restraint skills also played a major factor in the downfall of 6v6. I know which team is going to win as soon as I queue based on who has the most grabs, regardless of if they even have a 6v6 build. The sheer damage of restraint skills makes it so the individual grabbed dies within a second or two. even if they went full tank with 3k crit def 5k reg def 150k hp they would die in seconds.

I agree with the majority of the comments here just pointing out its not just lopsided matchups that killed 6v6 but a variety of factors compounded together.

At least we have good memories of old 6v6...back when you could premake teams and fight against other premade teams and outplaying whales during that time was a very possible option.

I agree restraint is a very powerful tool but it's not more extreme than soulburn, KFM iframe fest or CHI bomb. All of these things have their requirements and drawbacks.

For restraint, the biggest drawback is team work. In a lot of teams I am in the BDs and DES do not even grab, because no one is paying attention and it goes wasted. So it's more of a duo teamwork skill.

Then, you have to waste people's tab before it works, just like with stunlocks, which are just as deadly with 2+ on 1 (which by definition a restraint attack is as well). Plus, several classes have additional grab escapes.

Last but not least, the restrainer becomes very vulnerable to CC, so you can only use restraint when you are confident to have the upper hand.

Archived