Is it worth to play warlock?

Dzejkoob

Hi, i recently came back to game and I think about lvling and gearing my warlock. I seen he is a must have in dungs due to soulburn, but how about his dps? I prefer dragoncall build, as my ping is not too good.. Is helix a lot better or I'll ok with DC? Also i forgot all the rotations and stuff. Today i found this build and i think its ok, what do you think about it? https://bnstree.com/tree/WL?b=HyBtYKC4x What rotation should i use with soulburn and outside soulburn? I see aweakend skills got changed.. Much confused, such changes wow :D

https://bnstree.com/tree/WL?b=B1v3vp0Ve here is my build. you have 2 spare points to put wherever you want but this is just for the basic rotations. i have unlocked mos hm skills so that explains the extra cost on some skills. Frost build is decent but not better than shadow atm because of shadow badge but it gets better as you go along.

Your previous build uses shadow rupture which i don't recommend in frost build. If you can get legendary ss you will have no cd on frost rupture.

with new awakened skills you have awakened bombardment which reduces dragoncall cd by 3 sec so you no longer need to use ruptur during awakened state. You spam rmb and 4 and as you can see on the build you need the hm mantra which should be use every time it comes up since this rotation eats focus in sec.

Shaow build keeps constant dps but in short fights frost build builds more dps if you have a good start.

Here are 2 possible openers for warlock that most people use with frost build.

1. start with tab for pet summon then q+2 for stun and brand F+tab for leach and activating soulburn. since pet soulburn animation takes a bit you will have enough time to cast 4 and V and recast as soon as the soulburn activates. then proceed with rmb, rmb ,4 , rmb rmb till its over. Cast mantra whenever it appears every 6 sec.

It should look a bit like this   tab,  q+2, f+tab, 4+v, (sb activates)4+v, rmb+4(repeat) (after a while) lmb(mantra)

2 . In this you start with pet summon. press 4 and time the moment just before dragoncall hits(probably at 1.5sec mark) press Q on the boss to stun him so you get enough time to press 2 then leach then tab again for activating sb and do the usual rotation as above.

Rotation is: tab, 4(wait at 1.5 sec mark)+Q, tab+2, f, 4+v, (soulburn activates) 4+v rmb+4... lmb(mantra)

Questions you might have:

Is v(wingstorm) necessary in the rotation? 

No but its just free dps so why not + orbs reduce dragoncall cd on hit so it helps a bit. doesnt matter what u use whether is the 1st or 2nd tree of wingstorm.

Why use leach at start when awakened bombardment makes dragoncall instacast on hit?

well it really helps with starting up the rotation since if you dont the rotation will feel really sluggish and dps will suffer greatly + it stacks with soulburns buff and you have 75% crit damage for the duration of the buff and gives great dps at the start. the other advantage is that during leach buff your skills will consume less focus so you dont have to use mantra right of the bat since the animation is really slow and with slow the rotation so use mantra once the buff wears off and you see focus being drained slowly.

Here's a frost build that you should use. So far I've out dpsed people who uses shadow build. try practicing your rotations which is quite easy to learn. 
https://bnstree.com/tree/WL?b=H1YzCcEZl

for rotation

tab > 4 > 2 > f (leech) > tab > 4 +v > 4 > 4 > 3 > 4 > 4 > 1 + f > 4 > 2 > f (leech) > repeat the rest. 
Remember to spam RMB and use rupture as much as you can to lower the cd.

always soul burn right after you leech if available. With this you should always have high dps and should be careful if you don't have a tank with you. If you screw up on your rotation use wingstorm and spam RMB & rupture to keep up your dps. 

Unlike the guy above I've never had a problem with my focus. As long as you use rupture your focus will keep regenerating. 

15 hours ago, Kisagii said:

Here's a frost build that you should use. So far I've out dpsed people who uses shadow build. try practicing your rotations which is quite easy to learn. 
https://bnstree.com/tree/WL?b=H1YzCcEZl

for rotation

tab > 4 > 2 > f (leech) > tab > 4 +v > 4 > 4 > 3 > 4 > 4 > 1 + f > 4 > 2 > f (leech) > repeat the rest. 
Remember to spam RMB and use rupture as much as you can to lower the cd.

always soul burn right after you leech if available. With this you should always have high dps and should be careful if you don't have a tank with you. If you screw up on your rotation use wingstorm and spam RMB & rupture to keep up your dps. 

Unlike the guy above I've never had a problem with my focus. As long as you use rupture your focus will keep regenerating. 

Yeah but you waste seconds using rupture because the long animation and when you have high ping it is even more damaging. just spamming bombardment gives the same result as rupture with faster animation. that is why i recommend using mantra once in a while. Rupture has no benefit during soulburn and should be avoided at all costs. mantra will give you 15 focus for 5 sec so you should be fine spamming bombardment all the time. i play with high ping myself and rupture is really slow. i would have used bombardment twice in the time it takes to animate rupture.

Rupture will be useful later when we get the badges that make rupture reduce CD of dragoncall by 6 sec if it crits. that will be the only time you should use rupture during a sb rotation.

58 minutes ago, Kevi said:

Yeah but you waste seconds using rupture because the long animation and when you have high ping it is even more damaging. just spamming bombardment gives the same result as rupture with faster animation. that is why i recommend using mantra once in a while. Rupture has no benefit during soulburn and should be avoided at all costs. mantra will give you 15 focus for 5 sec so you should be fine spamming bombardment all the time. i play with high ping myself and rupture is really slow. i would have used bombardment twice in the time it takes to animate rupture.

Rupture will be useful later when we get the badges that make rupture reduce CD of dragoncall by 6 sec if it crits. that will be the only time you should use rupture during a sb rotation.

Long animation? Not really. What you are basically doing is spamming 4 and rupture is fine to use every 3 secs. If you have high ping then ice build is not for you since you will result in dps loss and rotation will not be good most of the time. To be honest the only time you really will be using mantra is if you mess up your rotation or if a boss ccs you causing you to restart your rotation.

28 minutes ago, Kisagii said:

Long animation? Not really. What you are basically doing is spamming 4 and rupture is fine to use every 3 secs. If you have high ping then ice build is not for you since you will result in dps loss and rotation will not be good most of the time. To be honest the only time you really will be using mantra is if you mess up your rotation or if a boss ccs you causing you to restart your rotation.

I just fing it easier using mantra cause rupture has a weirdly long animation in high ping. The character just stays there doing nothing for no reason and sometimes it doesnt even come out when i want it to so i just spam rmb for max cd reduction + it has higher damage than rupture. Because of high ping shadow build rotation is a bit harder to manage for me so i just go with ice build for the less complicated rotation + i like how ice build plays with managing cd.

i only see kr players use rupture because they have the 6s cd reduction rupture.

Apart form that, spamming bombardment just gives higher dps during rotation and you just have to manage focus with mantra. Rupture to me seems useless apart for the chi besides if you want to talk about outdps shadow build you should know that ice always outdps shadow in short fights an also very few players are good with shadow rotation. the rest just going buy the word that shadow is superior atm and just spam with no idea what the rotation is. Ice is much easier to manage but requires crit chance.

i have played shadow warlocks that have higher gear and suck at rotation and others that have outdps me even with low gear.

During Soulburn, using Rupture is a waste of time. Its damage is bad, it doesn't reduce enough cd, and yes, it has longer casting time compared to Awk.Bombardment spam.

Compared to mantra, which is 5s of unlimited focus and around 7s to waste it all, using Rupture every 3s to which offer barely half of your focus bar is counterproductive. Of course, you shouldn't need any of those two skills as long as you are in Leech and have your 2 spec in very right side, or HM 2 of the very left tree, and HM Sanctum middle tree.

To OP: there are 2 skills set to Warlock, Ice (dragoncall and bombardment) or Dark (Helix and Volley)

As for damage goes, both are the same. In a perfect situation (100% critical hit and reset cd on every 8s SS), Ice build can be very terrifying. But that situation is quite difficult to produce.

As for convenience, Dark build is the victor. It ignores Brand or Target and is far more acceptable for mistakes than Ice build.

Outside of Soulburn: that's for you to youtube and practice.

During Soulburn: same for both builds, you spam RMB and 4. For ice, just spam RMB until your 4 is available, very easy. For Dark, this requires a bit of timing and practice.

Which should you use? Obviously both. Using both builds mean you have more options and tools. And as all professionals say: gotta bring the right tool for the right job. Plus, by restricting yourself to just one build, that's just dull.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a question. All those long combo videos of warlocks, that kind of gameplay doesen't really start till one hits HM5+ and gets most of the HM skills?

I'm really struggling with my 40'ish WL right now, both dps and survivability are an issue to me. How do I counter this? I am 3 days into the game, I did try BM and it was super easy once I learned about fire build and after that comboing was pretty straight forward and non-stop almost, but melee and tanking did not appeal to me. I do struggle with WL however ... 

I am lost on how does one go about obtaining all those HM skills for WL. Also how do people manage to leech so much life in combat? I am forced to rest and eat dumplings after killing 2-3 mobs.

On 06.01.2017. at 11:17 PM, slowcow said:

Hi I have a question. All those long combo videos of warlocks, that kind of gameplay doesen't really start till one hits HM5+ and gets most of the HM skills?

I'm really struggling with my 40'ish WL right now, both dps and survivability are an issue to me. How do I counter this? I am 3 days into the game, I did try BM and it was super easy once I learned about fire build and after that comboing was pretty straight forward and non-stop almost, but melee and tanking did not appeal to me. I do struggle with WL however ... 

I am lost on how does one go about obtaining all those HM skills for WL. Also how do people manage to leech so much life in combat? I am forced to rest and eat dumplings after killing 2-3 mobs.

Use  stage 2 wingstorm to never run out of HP, gather mobs and throw stage 1 2.skill to lock them in place while you pew pew, and of course, learn to run around and use your block skill (quell - spec for knockback repulse).

To get your HM skills either spend your lifetime in arena, spend your lifetime farming achievement points (for achievemnt merchant in Zaiwei),  spend your lifetime farming gold, or spend your lifetime  farming dungeons praying to RNGesus. I really don't know which one of these to reccomend to you.

Archived