Make KFM great again!

mephisto9466

Ok so this is a suggestion to make KFM great in pvp, make it the 1v1 class that its meant to be. 

Do you all remember that one skill that let you jump into the air and land with a punch into the opponents stomach? (i never knew what that skill was called, however i saw it in the KFM beta video). I suggest that they bring that skill back as part of the grapple tree, and make to where "If used on knocked down opponents, it disables ALL escape skills for 10 or 15 seconds", have it on a relatively long cd, like 30 seconds or so. This skill ALONE would add an ample amount of power to the kfm kit. Before all of you NON KFM mains  chew my head off, let me put this in perspective. Warlock, literally have an immunity, nuff said. Force master, literally chain cc, their combo cc-damage-cc-damage-cc-damage, as a kfm if you get close they have this damn force push skill (i dont know what its called but its bs) that prevents any kfm from staying close. If you get close as a kfm, they push you away, then cc you. Soul fighter, i dont know enough about them, so i wont complain or praise them. Summoner....if i actually have to explain why this class is op af, then you havent played enough pvp >.> Destroyer, literally CC immunity except for knockdowns, and they even have a knockdown immunity. Assassin, invisibility, invisibility, invisibility, knockdown/damage/everything but pull resistance in invisibility, KFM has to target peeps to do anything, cant target what you dont see.

Everyone can say that KFM has great all in's, and it does, kfm does have GREAT all in's only if the opponent messes up in some way and burns both their escapes. But, with some classes if they burn all their escapes they still have a cc immunity somewhere in their kit that doesnt require you to be close or to target your opponent. See my issue here? 

This is why i suggest to introduce that one move (the one where you jump and land a fist in the opponents stomach) back into the game as a new skill with a new effect, 10 to 15 seconds of no escape if used on knocked down opponent, and replace it with grapple.

Well i dont play a KFM specifically.
But Radeyz made a statement and a 2 hour long video stating and proving he can 100-0 opponents from a single opening then go into 3rf for game.
15s of no escape for a man who can game you off an opening he can make for himself...

Mean stuff aside (15s free pass of damage is mean, not crediting a good player for being good)
In SF tree we have something called "iron shoulder" and "howling blast"

They kinda sound like what you're looking for but not so sure.
The skill you're talking about sounds like Meteor strike, i think that's in our F to end airborne status

https://bnstree.com/tree/SF?b=ryekcwPzl
https://www.twitch.tv/radeyzz

12 minutes ago, htdexhdfg said:

Well i dont play a KFM specifically.
But (edited) says he can 100-0 opponents from a single opening then go into 3rf for game.
15s of no escape for a man who can game you off an opening he can make for himself...

Mean stuff aside
In SF tree we have something called "iron shoulder" and "howling blast"

They kinda sound like what you're looking for but not so sure.
The skill you're talking about sounds like Meteor strike, i think that's in our F to end airborne status

https://bnstree.com/tree/SF?b=ryekcwPzl

As kfm, yes you can 100-0 someone from a single opening HOWEVER, doing the opening is the hardest part. The main reason is cause EVERYONE except for kfm has an ability that allows them to be invulnerable to cc, including kd

11 minutes ago, htdexhdfg said:

KFM doesn't have any "defense break" options? Assuming 3RF is low on cooldowns and offers easy rotations wouldn't that be okay given you pull out all their escapes and cc's with other stuns to bait?

no because you have 2 ways to get out of cc, thats SS, and one escape. Thats it. You have nothing else to break it. Against a FM or SF (if the SF has it speced right) then you actually cant escape all of their cc

9 minutes ago, mephisto9466 said:

no because you have 2 ways to get out of cc, thats SS, and one escape. Thats it. You have nothing else to break it. Against a FM or SF (if the SF has it speced right) then you actually cant escape all of their cc

" no because you have 2 ways to get out of cc "Does not answer the question.
My question was that of resources available to the KFM. Specifically those resources with an attribute named "Defense Break" as per BnsTree.com.

6cb898724b404601a5b790d4799184a6.jpeg

It's a defined term within their website.
Howling blast was referenced as a noted skill that bypasses defence because SF's share skills with both FM and KFM.
Howling Blast being of the KFM school.

Your response did not address the matter and only spoke regarding SF and FM.
It's like I asked you; "Does KFM have 5 dazes"? And your reply is "No, because you have 2 ways to get out of cc".

7 minutes ago, htdexhdfg said:

" no because you have 2 ways to get out of cc "Does not answer the question.
My question was that of resources available to the KFM. Specifically those resources with an attribute named "Defense Break" as per BnsTree.com.

6cb898724b404601a5b790d4799184a6.jpeg

It's a defined term within their website.
Howling blast was referenced as a noted skill that bypasses defence because SF's share skills with both FM and KFM.
Howling Blast being of the KFM school.

Your response did not address the matter and only spoke regarding SF and FM.
It's like I asked you; "Does KFM have 5 dazes"? And your reply is "No, because you have 2 ways to get out of cc".

I must have misunderstood this question "kfm doesnt have any "defense break" options?"

6 minutes ago, mephisto9466 said:

I must have misunderstood this question "kfm doesnt have any "defense break" options?"

Possibly, it is poorly worded.
"Does KFM have a (Defense Break) skill like my Howling Blast?" with a linked image is much more concise lol.

So ... do ya? XD hahaha

I'm of the opinion I work with what the class has available in their toolkit, then polish those tools to shine so bright they *cricket* off the other guys.

40 minutes ago, htdexhdfg said:

"Does KFM have a (Defense Break) skill like my Howling Blast?" with a linked image is much more concise lol.

So ... do ya? XD hahaha

I'm of the opinion I work with what the class has available in their toolkit, then polish those tools to shine so bright they *cricket* off the other guys.

The defense break option no we dont. Your skills are changed because your a soul fighter and you use chi in a different way than us.

52 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

KFM have triple kick stage 1 to break defence. But the only way to disable defence for 6 sec is to use armbar after grapple so it is not useful. Triple kick stage 1 is very useful though, but 3m range.

^^ The guy who got my question. Thank you

20 hours ago, mephisto9466 said:

Ok so this is a suggestion to make KFM great in pvp, make it the 1v1 class that its meant to be. 

Do you all remember that one skill that let you jump into the air and land with a punch into the opponents stomach? (i never knew what that skill was called, however i saw it in the KFM beta video). I suggest that they bring that skill back as part of the grapple tree, and make to where "If used on knocked down opponents, it disables ALL escape skills for 10 or 15 seconds", have it on a relatively long cd, like 30 seconds or so. This skill ALONE would add an ample amount of power to the kfm kit. Before all of you NON KFM mains  chew my head off, let me put this in perspective. Warlock, literally have an immunity, nuff said. Force master, literally chain cc, their combo cc-damage-cc-damage-cc-damage, as a kfm if you get close they have this damn force push skill (i dont know what its called but its bs) that prevents any kfm from staying close. If you get close as a kfm, they push you away, then cc you. Soul fighter, i dont know enough about them, so i wont complain or praise them. Summoner....if i actually have to explain why this class is op af, then you havent played enough pvp >.> Destroyer, literally CC immunity except for knockdowns, and they even have a knockdown immunity. Assassin, invisibility, invisibility, invisibility, knockdown/damage/everything but pull resistance in invisibility, KFM has to target peeps to do anything, cant target what you dont see.

Everyone can say that KFM has great all in's, and it does, kfm does have GREAT all in's only if the opponent messes up in some way and burns both their escapes. But, with some classes if they burn all their escapes they still have a cc immunity somewhere in their kit that doesnt require you to be close or to target your opponent. See my issue here? 

This is why i suggest to introduce that one move (the one where you jump and land a fist in the opponents stomach) back into the game as a new skill with a new effect, 10 to 15 seconds of no escape if used on knocked down opponent, and replace it with grapple.

:D :D

Yes please pump KFM so it rekt Destroyer more ? 

You have no breaking block skills ? Please you got a kick that break our shield that only few skills break it since it suppose to ignore block breaking skills 

And don't forget your class is able to 100-0 and worst part if you use fighting spirit against Destroyer, Mostly you will make them use their 2 escape easily while they can't even 100-0 yousince they not using fury.

So please don't asking for some stuff that would ruin things more for us

2 hours ago, Valiant said:

:D :D

Yes please pump KFM so it rekt Destroyer more ? 

You have no breaking block skills ? Please you got a kick that break our shield that only few skills break it since it suppose to ignore block breaking skills 

And don't forget your class is able to 100-0 and worst part if you use fighting spirit against Destroyer, Mostly you will make them use their 2 escape easily while they can't even 100-0 yousince they not using fury.

So please don't asking for some stuff that would ruin things more for us

then you never speced into invulnerabilty spin. Do that then talk to me

6 minutes ago, mephisto9466 said:

then you never speced into invulnerabilty spin. Do that then talk to me

Which one ? That one that consume your focus to death or the one that consume your focus to death ? Or maybe you talk about the one you break with air combo ? 

43 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Which one ? That one that consume your focus to death or the one that consume your focus to death ? Or maybe you talk about the one you break with air combo ? 

oh which one? The fire one that stuns you after a few procs, has insane range, has cc immunity, knockdown immunity, and knockup immunity. 

1 hour ago, mephisto9466 said:

oh which one? The fire one that stuns you after a few procs, has insane range, has cc immunity, knockdown immunity, and knockup immunity. 

Ohhh that red one, That consume all of our focus and that have 1min cooldown that have only 5m range that stun you after 5 spins (I don't know how you stand still till you get 5 hits ) 

11 hours ago, Valiant said:

Ohhh that red one, That consume all of our focus and that have 1min cooldown that have only 5m range that stun you after 5 spins (I don't know how you stand still till you get 5 hits ) 

i move away, he moves closer to extend the duration that im in it, stuns me, over and over again

On 27/11/2016 at 0:44 AM, htdexhdfg said:

So ... do ya? XD hahaha

KFMs have lots of defense penetrating skills, a couple of defense breakers, triple kick being the nicest, but few defense disabling options.

Armbar is impossible to pull off against anyone who can watch out for a yellow bar reset, leaving Avenging Fist stage 1 which means giving up the approach restore stage 2 option.

Morever, avenging fist does not penetrate/break defense itself, meaning it's main purpose is put the enemy in a knock down from which they cannot counter.

So I would say generally KFMs don't disable defense skills, they constantly break or penetrate them.

oh and on main topic: IMO what KFM severely lack is the option to spec for a stronger finisher move like Lightning Draw. Currently the best one is Comet strike stage 1 under searing palm which somehow does not cut it. Maybe once I have my green ToI amulet it will feel more useful, but that does not rescue it in 1v1 or 3v3...

11 hours ago, Shuchin said:

KFMs have lots of defense penetrating skills, a couple of defense breakers, triple kick being the nicest, but few defense disabling options.

Armbar is impossible to pull off against anyone who can watch out for a yellow bar reset, leaving Avenging Fist stage 1 which means giving up the approach restore stage 2 option.

Morever, avenging fist does not penetrate/break defense itself, meaning it's main purpose is put the enemy in a knock down from which they cannot counter.

So I would say generally KFMs don't disable defense skills, they constantly break or penetrate them.

oh and on main topic: IMO what KFM severely lack is the option to spec for a stronger finisher move like Lightning Draw. Currently the best one is Comet strike stage 1 under searing palm which somehow does not cut it. Maybe once I have my green ToI amulet it will feel more useful, but that does not rescue it in 1v1 or 3v3...

Nah never said they defense blocking skills at all. if it came up that was a reference to SF.

Back to KFM's. Do you have the approach skills to compliment it? If so  and you have 3RF and you have the ability to actively escape being rooted then you'd have the offense and defense to manage yourself with patience, no?

1 hour ago, htdexhdfg said:

Nah never said they defense blocking skills at all. if it came up that was a reference to SF.

Back to KFM's. Do you have the approach skills to compliment it? If so  and you have 3RF and you have the ability to actively escape being rooted then you'd have the offense and defense to manage yourself with patience, no?

Approach skills need to target someone so is not always reliable (applies to all melee classes). But other classes have other means to remove snares without targeting. The worst thing is KFM Q/E need target, not to mention 3m range, that is the worst thing when playing with KFM. It depends on how cheaply your opponent plays. It feels like a dirty street fight instead of arena pvp Q.Q

Same for CC skills such as triple kick, comet punch, rising dragon, tremor. All very easy to avoid by exploiting their range.

Even flurry cannot be used on airborne target (which is our best opening skill), easily avoided making KFM always suffer one free combo at the start.

9 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

Approach skills need to target someone so is not always reliable (applies to all melee classes). But other classes have other means to remove snares without targeting. The worst thing is KFM Q/E need target, not to mention 3m range, that is the worst thing when playing with KFM.  [...] Same for CC skills such as triple kick, comet punch, rising dragon, tremor. All very easy to avoid by exploiting their range.

Even flurry cannot be used on airborne target (which is our best opening skill), easily avoided making KFM always suffer one free combo at the start.

Ice guard can remove snares without target.

Q/E have 5m range, but will position you in 3m distance, which is actually an excellent advantage for some melee combos.

If you experience problems with Triple Kick, you can try Firestorm which is target independent. I find sometimes the damage and AoE makes up for longer cooldown. I never run it in 6v6 any more though because in the current meta I need the defense break badly.

Comet punch is actually hard to avoid, it's a very fast animation and 9 meters distance are not easy to move to in a blink. HM Z is also not so easy to avoid many would agree I think. I agree about the tremor. It's for when the TAB has burned or at least after air combo.

For flurry, try to use it out of SS or when dropping from glide.

I have some problem with ice guard, the cooldown is way too long, when their snare skill finish cooldown I am in deep trouble, not to mention FM and SUM have lots of ways to snare. For warlock I need to save ice guard for their op combo so I don't dare to use it casually.

Q/E and comet punch have 5m and 8m range, but I also have some problems with them Q.Q

Q/E need a target, if they move left or right while I am snared, I have no idea how to counter. Comet punch is actually 2x8m range, so even easiler to move out by stepping left or right a bit.

I always use triple kick instead of firestorm so that opponent cannot spam block on me and I can get free stun. But I remember firestorm is also 2x8m range though, those that know how to avoid comet punch will avoid firestorm easily because they know they hit into your Q/E.

I am not sure is it because my ping is too high that is why I have so many trouble with it. Maybe I should switch to SF *sigh*

Not sure if SF is less ping reliant. :/

Snares can put you in a pickle, that is true. But I usually do not feel extremely incapacitated by it. SS will get you out eventually, in a relatively safe way. And most of the times HM counter / elbow smash will keep you safe for a good few seconds until the enemy has had time to properly circle you.

Using firestorm is a bit of a personal style thing. I almost always opt for triple kick too. Only against BMs it's huge fun to combine PvE flurry and firestorm kick. If they don't expect it you can almost 100-0 them from there. ^_^

Archived