costs went from: 28000 battle points -> 33000 battle points

Increase of: just under 18%

Vol 2 went from: 110 bravery -> 8 Whirlwind velley tokens + 40 bravery

costs went from: 44000 battle points -> 56000 battle points

Increase of: bit over 27%

Vol 3 went from: 185 bravery-> 10 Whirlwind velley tokens + 60 bravery

costs went from: 74000 battle points -> 74000

Cost chance of naught

And the same with chilling flame elixir. From 185 bravery to 10 Whirlwind velley tokens and 60 bravery

cost unchanged.

now this is quote from the patch notes:

Reduced the cost of Hongmoon Skills and related items available from the Zen Bean Trader NPC, Battleground Trader NPC, and Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express by approximately 30%

YEAH BS! That's an average cost increase of 8.8% if you average all those together.

If you're going to lie at least make it look convincing, or retcon your patch notes and remove the above underlined part from it.

or maybe, just maybe. Don't lie in the first place!

I guess this falls to the same category as making mobs easier in ssp. Yes they are very easy for mass of people but try doing SSP in the time when there are handful. Also boars got increase in dashes. Before they dashed 3 times, now 5 times in row. That's hell for melees and they were supposed to be easy.

9 hours ago, hyperbolicj said:

In dragon express

hongmoon pellet went from: 28 bravery -> 1 Whirlwind valley token + 15 bravery

costs went from: 11200 battle points -> 11000 battle points

Reduction of: just under 1%

Vol 1 went from: 70 bravery -> 5 Whirlwind velley tokens + 20 bravery

costs went from: 28000 battle points -> 33000 battle points

Increase of: just under 18%

Vol 2 went from: 110 bravery -> 8 Whirlwind velley tokens + 40 bravery

costs went from: 44000 battle points -> 56000 battle points

Increase of: bit over 27%

Vol 3 went from: 185 bravery-> 10 Whirlwind velley tokens + 60 bravery

costs went from: 74000 battle points -> 74000

Cost chance of naught

And the same with chilling flame elixir. From 185 bravery to 10 Whirlwind velley tokens and 60 bravery

cost unchanged.

now this is quote from the patch notes:

YEAH BS! That's an average cost increase of 8.8% if you average all those together.

If you're going to lie at least make it look convincing, or retcon your patch notes and remove the above underlined part from it.

or maybe, just maybe. Don't lie in the first place!

They just did what they should have done before. Cause you are looking at the premium store.
Premium store is still cheaper than non premium. So stop complaining. 

8 minutes ago, Hirukaru said:

They just did what they should have done before. Cause you are looking at the premium store.
Premium store is still cheaper than non premium. So stop complaining. 

The quote from their patch notes listed all three sources of how you can get hm skills via PvP. Followed by the condition that they were reduced by approximately 30% in their cost.

Now that could only really be interpreted in one of two ways.

Either

A: Each source had their cost reduced by the listed ~30%. The same as saying each item from each source was reduced by ~30% in cost

or B: The collective of all three groups had their price reduced by ~30%. The same as saying on average each category got a ~10% reduction in cost.

Now I was actually kinda curious and found some sources to what the prices used to be from said vendors. And that one doesn't bear out either. Because if we take that the dragon express took an 8.8% increase in price then the others should have received either: 14.4%, or 34.4% reduction. Neither of which is the case. In fact it is the listed 30% from the patch notes. So that only leaves the conclusion that the cost reduction was not to apply to the premium dragon express.

It should have read: " Reduced the cost of Hongmoon Skills and related items available from the Zen Bean Trader NPC, and Battleground Trader NPC by approximately 30%. Also changed the material costs in Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express"

I personally don't care. I already have all the HM skills I want. I'm simply pointing out a blatant lie on part of NCsoft.

10 minutes ago, hyperbolicj said:

The quote from their patch notes listed all three sources of how you can get hm skills via PvP. Followed by the condition that they were reduced by approximately 30% in their cost.

Now that could only really be interpreted in one of two ways.

Either

A: Each source had their cost reduced by the listed ~30%. The same as saying each item from each source was reduced by ~30% in cost

or B: The collective of all three groups had their price reduced by ~30%. The same as saying on average each category got a ~10% reduction in cost.

Now I was actually kinda curious and found some sources to what the prices used to be from said vendors. And that one doesn't bear out either. Because if we take that the dragon express took an 8.8% increase in price then the others should have received either: 14.4%, or 34.4% reduction. Neither of which is the case. In fact it is the listed 30% from the patch notes. So that only leaves the conclusion that the cost reduction was not to apply to the premium dragon express.

It should have read: " Reduced the cost of Hongmoon Skills and related items available from the Zen Bean Trader NPC, and Battleground Trader NPC by approximately 30%. Also changed the material costs in Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express"

I personally don't care. I already have all the HM skills I want. I'm simply pointing out a blatant lie on part of NCsoft.

The patch notes always are a bit incoherent, I'd hardly call it "blatant lying".

The premium tab changes are bs though.

I understand the need in readability when it comes to patch notes.

That detailing every single change would not only be laborious, but also hard to follow.

But anyone who sees that change, and reads it will with basic maths skills and maybe a pocket calculator be able to figure out it's clearly misleading.

Not saying it was intentional, but there's nothing laudable about a company when a shmo like me can find holes in their patch notes.

Archived