Summoner?

victor122

I've lately found myself more and more interested in the Summoner class. The Lyn are cute. The cat is funny. And they seem to be pretty good in both solo and party content. So I was wondering, what are the best and worst aspects of the summoner? I know that the char takes a back sit with range dps more or less and that the cat does the melee dps. I love nice visuals and good survivability.

Thanks in advance 

First things first, Lyns aren't cute, they are rats.

If you are the lazy player type and like faceroll braindead class go for it, it's you call.

They got everything the other classes got, ugh maybe the devs forgot to give them a bm block, des/bd spin2win and fm grabs, oh wait they have their Cat pin or whatever.

The worst aspects they have: do summoners have flaws?

Joking aside, if you're happy just give it a try and see for youeself.

41 minutes ago, victor122 said:

So I was wondering, what are the best and worst aspects of the summoner?

Best:

• Like you mentioned, they are pretty playable for solo and group content.

Worst:

• People will start to call you "Noob", "Kid", "stupid" etc., especially, when the group wipes or make mistakes.

First, about the cat. The cat isn't a dps. You will lose your cc if you spec your cat cc skills into dps skills. In my opinion, it doesnt worth it.

The cat is used mostly for cc and tanking (if needed).

Good things:

Good dps, can solo many things because cat tank, cat is cute, decent party heal, good for people who are new.

Bad:

Can't double cc/use "True Friend" (5 sec iframe) without cat.

Although Summoners are good for new players in pvp, a pro player can easily destroy you. Just look at other regions arena ranking. But it doesn't matter if you don't mean to be high ranking anyway. 

And as Raizou said, you will hear the word "scummoner" a lot.  

I use stage 3 bees half the time in dungeons and SSP for the burst potential. With bee build you find yourself at the boss's feet for best DPS. Sunflower is pretty much what most of Summoner's use as you probably seen and you can be anywhere to use it. Cat can be used for dps and if doing kapow, hm bombs away, and clawnado with the additional damage bonus on each one you can do about 90k from cat alone a minute, but that's mainly if you have good teammates and just having fun. You cat will basically be 1 shot with its low hp doing this. You also lose a lot of cc so make sure to warn your teammates before doing this.

Good things:

Consistent damage, tanking potential, using cat to block in PVP can turn a fight around. High comeback potential. Dressing up the cat.

Bad things:

Super squishy

Cat gets party stuck in combat alot.

It will attract mobs if trying to speed run through dungeons like a fish hook on a string.

If the cat is cc'd  or dies you can't use 5 second iframe.

If the cat dies, your source of CC is gone.

Sometimes the cat will not respond if it is doing roundabout by itself.

On 10/23/2016 at 1:09 PM, Raizou said:

Best:

• Like you mentioned, they are pretty playable for solo and group content.

Worst:

• People will start to call you "Noob", "Kid", "stupid" etc., especially, when the group wipes or make mistakes.

Worst:

NCSOFT WILL CONTINUE TO NERF YOU EVERY PATCH BECAUSE IT LISTENS TO THOSE STUPID PEOPLE!

Good:

Can provide dps support

Can provide tank support

Can provide healing support

Can provide stealth support

Can wide out mobs easily

Can revive even if summoner is dead, can even revive whole party, preventing boss reset health

Can 2v1 in pvp

Bad:

Too much utility (see above) makes a lot of people jealous and hate summoner

Too much utility (see above) and makes player greedy and keep demanding more buff (eh?, sorry cant think of any bad points)

Require skills to control cat and keep it alive (but even if it is dead, 5 sec is all you need to revive it so maybe it is a good point?)

3 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

Good:

Can provide dps support

Can provide tank support

Can provide healing support

Can provide stealth support

Can wide out mobs easily

Can revive even if summoner is dead, can even revive whole party, preventing boss reset health

Can 2v1 in pvp

Bad:

Too much utility (see above) makes a lot of people jealous and hate summoner

Too much utility (see above) and makes player greedy and keep demanding more buff (eh?, sorry cant think of any bad points)

Require skills to control cat and keep it alive (but even if it is dead, 5 sec is all you need to revive it so maybe it is a good point?)

Its 1v1. Its not alot of utility. The healing is for others. It's only average to all the rest of what "good" you said.

Archived