What melee class should I make?

Lakshun

Hi,

I'm about to start playing and I'm not sure what class to get, except that I want to play melee.

I kind of want to play Kungfu Master but I keep reading it's really hard and I can't deal well with limited dodging, e.g. if there is a cd or a resource cost for the dodge so I don't know if I'll like it.

I mainly want to do pve content, I am only marginally interested in pvp.

I'm also not a big fan of tanks, I prefer faster classes, but as mentioned above I am not keen on classes highly relying on unreliable dodges.

I like doing high damage but my main concern is having fun. 

I am thinking Blade Master / Blade Dancer might be good but I don't know either and Soul Fighter sounds sort of interesting as well.

KFM is not easy if you want to deal high damage, but recently it was buffed to be a bit similar to warlock where you can provide team buff as your main strategy. Due to recent patches tanking can be left to BM. KFM has the most reliable dodges compared to other classes but it may not be as fast as you want. It takes time to build up your dps from scratch. You do have high damaging moves but cooldowns are all more than 1min, so still very slow, at least to me.

Since I know nothing about Blade Dancer, I would like to suggest Assassin. You have no need to tank as assassin, your dps is high, your attack speed is also high. Lots of CC to torture mobs with, stealth to deal with bosses and also prevent you from tanking even if you have highest aggro. PVP is fun too, even though you are only a bit interested in it, if you try out assassin PVP you may just fall in love with PVP.

58 minutes ago, Lakshun said:

I'm also not a big fan of tanks, I prefer faster classes,

Well, there isn't slow classes here, the fight in both pvp and pve is very dynamic. For now BM will be probably best for You. They've got huge boost in the last patches, became top dps class (while being a tank), has ton of utility&survivability. They are very good in every part of game content. But they are so overpowered now, it is very possible they will have some nerfs in the future. But for now, choose Blade Master : ) Watch blade master gameplay on youtube to see, if it fits your style.

I would suggest blade dancer/assassin. They both are high dps and very mobile classes and have alot of utility in parties.Assassins having very high dps as well as blade dancer. Sins can teleport their party members across trash mobs in stealth while blade dancers can grab bosses that allows the party to use skills that do massive damage while the boss is grabbed.

Archived