pvp

MorganClaus

Are there any plans to variety pvp content ( 1x1 3x3 6x6 is not pvp ) ? or we continue playing in only pve game?

Why not add open world pvp ? Add duel ( not only in the arena, also the city), add a PK system , clan war, etc.

The faction system unfortunately has not proved himself, on all servers people sit in 1 faction because there is no reason to go to another.

Why go to another faction if it will give you the same as another. ( Koreans are not smart enough to diversify them a bit , for example pve and pvp faction, or add buffs, bonuses. at least something)

*sorry for bad english

Actually 1v1, 3v3 and 6v6 are PVP. There already is open world PVP in Misty Woods and SSP mainly. PK system is generally bad and useless take tera for example, after they merge the PVP server they will only allow end game to be PVP else you would just have a ton of ganking.

If you mwant a PK system, then i want it to be the same as it is in Revelation online: If you get attack by someone in pk mode and you do not fight back the attacker gets a debuff. If he dies while having the debuff active he looses a piece of gear and exp. If you decide to pk be ready for the consequences.

You can have clan battles already just make sure you both equip costumes from opposing factions and there you go. You do not need a fancy UI for that.

Faction system has proved itself, the players didnt, because they are too lazy to fight for themselves. The best option would be not to allow factiuon changes at all.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Actually 1v1, 3v3 and 6v6 are PVP. There already is open world PVP in Misty Woods and SSP mainly. PK system is generally bad and useless take tera for example, after they merge the PVP server they will only allow end game to be PVP else you would just have a ton of ganking.

If you mwant a PK system, then i want it to be the same as it is in Revelation online: If you get attack by someone in pk mode and you do not fight back the attacker gets a debuff. If he dies while having the debuff active he looses a piece of gear and exp. If you decide to pk be ready for the consequences.

You can have clan battles already just make sure you both equip costumes from opposing factions and there you go. You do not need a fancy UI for that.

Faction system has proved itself, the players didnt, because they are too lazy to fight for themselves. The best option would be not to allow factiuon changes at all.

u haven't open pvp because u have  the fraction system, i wrote about that.

1x1 6x6 3x3  it just a competition. 

"PK system is generally bad and useless take tera for example, after they merge the PVP server they will only allow end game to be PVP else you would just have a ton of ganking. "

Tera is Tera and Bns is Bns  2 different games. nobody bothers u  sit 24\7 in the danges  and not go out from there, maybe for you it is fun but others need variety and not robotic game.

"If you mwant a PK system, then i want it to be the same as it is in Revelation online: If you get attack by someone in pk mode and you do not fight back the attacker gets a debuff. If he dies while having the debuff active he looses a piece of gear and exp. If you decide to pk be ready for the consequences."

+1  )  

I did not write that the PK system should be without punishment ))

6 hours ago, MorganClaus said:

Are there any plans to variety pvp content ( 1x1 3x3 6x6 is not pvp ) ? or we continue playing in only pve game?

Why not add open world pvp ? Add duel ( not only in the arena, also the city), add a PK system , clan war, etc.

The faction system unfortunately has not proved himself, on all servers people sit in 1 faction because there is no reason to go to another.

Why go to another faction if it will give you the same as another. ( Koreans are not smart enough to diversify them a bit , for example pve and pvp faction, or add buffs, bonuses. at least something)

*sorry for bad english

1v1 3v3 are skill based pvp. arena matches.

6v6 is gear based. 

SSP is faction combat.

duels? wear the other factions' outfit and duel with whoever u want.

WHAT U WANT MORE?

where u have a faction pvp?   faction  ssp pvp is dead!!  mb  if they will delete this stupid costume system  and  enable the option for free pvp, it would be more interesting.

on the other hand who is there to speak?

people  used to sit around 24\7 in the dungeon, play as robots and do the same thing 500 times.  good game )  a sorry u also like to invest € 500 to show that they can do something  )  

The fact Soulstone Plains and any other sort of open map PvP fails in the West is pretty much on the community's tendencies to favor the side with momentum ("players usually go to the side that's winning" for those that need translation). Not NCsoft's fault people in general don't like putting effort into fighting for what they want.

Here's the thing, though. Soulstone Plains and Misty Woods aren't the only places Ceruleans and Crimsons can fight each other. Literally any map that more than one player can occupy at any given time opens up the chance for open map PvP so the chances of large scale battles breaking out nears zero just with all the content we have at the moment.

Not only that but players from the same faction can duel each other at any time just by playing Bamboo vs Blackram, Talus vs Skyhaven, or Stratus vs Tyrian with the necessary outfits. Of course this all needs to be arranged in advance by being able to spread word of organizing such an event.

Under this system, simply changing to permanant free for all would be a disaster since anyone is a target at any time, especially low levels are equally if not more vulnerable to the inevitable gank squads. This can happen in any PvP MMO, Tera and even Revelation (I can guarantee the Western release will turn out this way) just happen to be particular examples.

No one would be safe anywhere in this game unless you count solo instance buildings which are kinda useless to shelter in anyway since all the storage NPCs seem to be in public areas.

If someone has to risk getting ganked by 6+ people just because they wanna take inventory on materials or manage Marketplace sales, you're gonna see the population tank down to one server's worth of players.

Does not matter if there's a punishment system in place, given a typical day's worth of complaints on the forums they're gonna be vocal about it anyway. Then there's the indirect results this can have with the mini duels I see in cross server so that's going to destroy pick-up groups for dungeons since you'd be dead by the time you load into the gateway. 

I guess there spoils the whole "more interesting" idea since in the end it would spawn complaints in the same vein that neophytes to Whirlwind are making.

A flag system is in reality the best kind you can get in an MMO simply because it preserves the agency of everyone that plays it. I believe you should have a right to choose when you want to fight and have a right to do what you want in-game in peace. You'd have to re-code the combat system by a huge amount to get free for all to succeed, particularly in limiting the areas you can PvP as well as the faction outfit effect.

To be honest, I look down on anyone advocating open-any-time player killing because it's so easy to assume they're just in it to farm kills off of storage baiting. Just because it can work for you personally doesn't mean it will work for the whole community. You're a fool if you think this community in particular isn't going to abuse that system if it ever came out here. All you're gonna see is the players that have been playing the longest or spent the most on the gold for their gear suddenly get their Blood Dragon title overnight.

In short: this community is way too toxic to support not having to flag for PvP. Either man up and work on your solo, tag, and team skills, cross your fingers for Infernal and Ethereal battlegrounds if Korea decides to re-work those for re-release across all regions, or get your Blackram outfit out to pick fights with Bamboo fans.

short stories

anectode 1 

lvl 45 misty

players doing their dailies with mains or alts, farmed by swarm of opponent's faction regarless level, ap, afk, paying attention.

very nice valuable  owpvp.

anectode 2

lvl 50 ssp

first half

lowbies that tried to farm in ssp were outplayed by higher ap players and classes mechanics

second half

on my server my faction is based on farmers, they farm ssp like event ask us to do. other faction is based on badasses and epenises. they dont farm event, they farm my faction. when other faction discovered they were bad at SSP, they started to destroy my faction's mining phase. just that. no quests no rules. destroy drills and feel satisfied. ssp was stalled. ssp was no more worth.

noone ever cared on pvping in SSP. we are more? we kill and farm, they are more? we retreat and change channel

final statement

farming SSP is no worth effort-wise because tower is better and rely only on yourself.

Archived