Tips on a bee build?

SnugglesFairie

Hello, I am writing because I am looking for tips using a bee build.  I have always used super sunflower. I like the instant casting between that and rose.  But with the new changes, I have heard that bees are great for solo bosses...  like mushin's tower, ssp, infinity, and such.    So I am writing for tips on a good build. 

I have also heard bees is good in pvp.  I haven't pvp'ed in a while due to bot frustration.  But I would like to get into it again.  Can anyone give a mini summary of what tier is useful against which classes? I tried to google this.  Most of the info was outdated or the names of the skills were different due to regions.  So it left me more confused.

Thank you so much for reading and any tips!  :D

Bee's were always great for solo bosses as long as you had the crit rate for it.

As a primarily bee summoner, I have to admit, I felt quite salty after laughing at the qqing of the sunflower summoners, when this update actually nerfed bee's pretty hard, but still quite viable and I still prefer it over sunflower.

Anyway, the bee build is no longer crit rate dependent and fire of MUCH slower than before.

the buff to rosethorns fire rate is awesome though and greatly appreciated.

Anyway, while Bee's were nerfed a bit, the additional skills sorta even it out, you can no longer be lazy and just hold RMB, if you use other skills in combination with bees, you can get the most out of it.

Firstly, Petal Storm Toss! If you don't need to block projectiles, SPEC THIS SKILL! and use it at every opportunity! Stage 2 tier 2 is fine, you don't need to go tier 3 if you wanna save points, but this skill is now a ranged ability and apply's a dot on the enemy, I think, or they might need to stay in it's range, anyway, if you use this skill then spam bees (the left tree version), it does increased dmg. For example, my bee's crit for about 5500, but upon attacking an enemy after using petal storm toss, I now do around 9800 dmg.

Secondly, we now have lots of focus regeneration, there's still the usual, cat focus regen and doom and bloom and HM seed shroud stage 2.

But now, you can spec flying nettles [F] to regen 3 focus per hit if you spec stage 3 tier 3.

but there's even one more way to regen focus, if you spec weed wack to Stage 3 tier 3, while you lose your root, you gain the weed wack poison debuff and if you hit an enemy with bees while they have the debuff, you GAIN 2 focus and since bee's cost 2 focus, you're basically using the bees for free.

Doom and bloom also has the weed wack debuff as well and it regens focus already, so with Doom and bloom, flying nettles and Weed wack, you'll have PLENTY of focus if you use them at the right time.

Now, Stage 3 bees, It's basically sunflower, but single target, I'm not much of a fan of it because I don't like the constant lmb/rmb spam, but what makes this interesting is it has it's own version of photosynthesis if you have Stage 1 HM seed shroud, which allows Stage 3 bees to be spammed for 3 seconds with 550% increased dmg. I haven't tested it much, but I remember going from around 10k crits, to around 20k crits. So if Stage 1 bees seem like a lot to do for optimal dmg, and you like Sunflower, but not the way it changed, you can try Stage 3 bees if you have the HM seed shroud for it, if you can counter every 8 seconds, you can spam 550% dmg bees for 3 seconds.

I haven't pvped much since the update, but Stage 1 bees are still viable. Stage 3 may be even more so with the burst dmg every counter and not having to worry about aiming like with sunflower

Hoped this explanation helped.

On 8/25/2016 at 4:55 PM, Gamer4ever said:

Bee's were always great for solo bosses as long as you had the crit rate for it.

As a primarily bee summoner, I have to admit, I felt quite salty after laughing at the qqing of the sunflower summoners, when this update actually nerfed bee's pretty hard, but still quite viable and I still prefer it over sunflower.

Anyway, the bee build is no longer crit rate dependent and fire of MUCH slower than before.

Anyway, while Bee's were nerfed a bit, the additional skills sorta even it out, you can no longer be lazy and just hold RMB, if you use other skills in combination with bees, you can get the most out of it.

Firstly, Petal Storm Toss! If you don't need to block projectiles, SPEC THIS SKILL! and use it at every opportunity! Stage 2 tier 2 is fine, you don't need to go tier 3 if you wanna save points, but this skill is now a ranged ability and apply's a dot on the enemy, I think, or they might need to stay in it's range, anyway, if you use this skill then spam bees (the left tree version), it does increased dmg. For example, my bee's crit for about 5500, but upon attacking an enemy after using petal storm toss, I now do around 9800 dmg.

Secondly, we now have lots of focus regeneration, there's still the usual, cat focus regen and doom and bloom and HM seed shroud stage 2.

But now, you can spec flying nettles [F] to regen 3 focus per hit if you spec stage 3 tier 3.

but there's even one more way to regen focus, if you spec weed wack to Stage 3 tier 3, while you lose your root, you gain the weed wack poison debuff and if you hit an enemy with bees while they have the debuff, you GAIN 2 focus and since bee's cost 2 focus, you're basically using the bees for free.

Doom and bloom also has the weed wack debuff as well and it regens focus already, so with Doom and bloom, flying nettles and Weed wack, you'll have PLENTY of focus if you use them at the right time.

Now, Stage 3 bees, It's basically sunflower, but single target, I'm not much of a fan of it because I don't like the constant lmb/rmb spam, but what makes this interesting is it has it's own version of photosynthesis if you have Stage 1 HM seed shroud, which allows Stage 3 bees to be spammed for 3 seconds with 550% increased dmg. I haven't tested it much, but I remember going from around 10k crits, to around 20k crits. So if Stage 1 bees seem like a lot to do for optimal dmg, and you like Sunflower, but not the way it changed, you can try Stage 3 bees if you have the HM seed shroud for it, if you can counter every 8 seconds, you can spam 550% dmg bees for 3 seconds.

I haven't pvped much since the update, but Stage 1 bees are still viable. Stage 3 may be even more so with the burst dmg every counter and not having to worry about aiming like with sunflower

I really love your explanation. I was once about sunflower user but now that we have more kit with bees im really in love with it

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 2:55 PM, Gamer4ever said:

Thank you very much. You answered my forever question "how da hell people spamming bee like no tomorrow?!!!!"

First branch of Rumblebee depends on Ivy Poison caused by Weed Whack and Doom'n'Gloom in order to be focus-free. It is also focus free on  Cat Grabbed/Airborne opponent. 

Basically, use either 1+F first, wait the Ivy Poison nearly run out, then throw F for Doom'n'Gloom. Throw in Petal Storm Toss whenever the debuff is up to maximize damage potent. It can work backward too.

Use Cat Grab as a buffer between cooldown, or when you accidentally blow a cooldown when the time is not right.

On 9/20/2016 at 0:24 AM, Alysha Hawkeye said:

First branch of Rumblebee depends on Ivy Poison caused by Weed Whack and Doom'n'Gloom in order to be focus-free. It is also focus free on  Cat Grabbed/Airborne opponent. 

Basically, use either 1+F first, wait the Ivy Poison nearly run out, then throw F for Doom'n'Gloom. Throw in Petal Storm Toss whenever the debuff is up to maximize damage potent. It can work backward too.

Use Cat Grab as a buffer between cooldown, or when you accidentally blow a cooldown when the time is not right.

When you say cat grab, you mean the cat pin on Tab?

Archived