Blade Master v Summoner

LazyKiki

I just started the game a few weeks ago and before playing I looked into what two classes would be best to play as- What I saw were Assassin, Blade Master and Summoner- and out of those three I started as a Blade Master... which was very slow and took a bit to figure out combos but ended up alright. But I still decided to make a summoner character today and boy am I happy I did- got to level 15 in less then two hours which is pretty amazing for someone like me who gets distracted and tries to glide into mountains half the time. Now I'm interested on what everyone else thinks in terms of comparing these two classes specifically how they are in:

PVP

PVE

Solo raids

Group raids

Basically, which one is better overall. Thanks!

summoner here /hajooncheer.

For BM,

PVP: if u have good ping you can stunlock your opponent and combo to death. Of cos u have to learn to bait out all their escape skills before combo.

In open world PVP like Soulstone Plains (more of PVE farming but you can be attacked by opposing faction), melee classes are usually at disadvantage and dps lower than other range classes like FM WL SMN.

PVE: BM is more of tanking class in dungeons and party play as they have threat-building skills and plenty of blocks/Q/E etc.

Solo raid: No problem in Mushin tower. but Tower of Infinity could be hard to get to high floors as BM dont really deal huge amount of DPS so your time will run out before you can hit higher floors.

Overall, BM will have a hard time initially until you unlocked some of the essential HM skills like Winged Protector (commonly known as HM block).

Dont really know in-depth the skills of BM so maybe some BM will help you out on this.

Summoner is the most hated face-roll class in game due to their high DPS and ability to stand back and dps freely while the cat do the tanking. And most summoners can't play the class properly (eg. they dont friggin cc + grapple). But it is indeed one of the easiest class to get to end-game content quickly.

PVP: easy to get to gold, but thereafter, most ppl know how to handle your cat so really depends on your skill.

Open world PVP/PVE just face-roll and probably get credit anyway.

PVE: You will do well in solo-raid as u have high dps + your cat is tanking shit.

Group raid depends how well you play our class as a team player (protecting other members with petals, heals, res, CC + GRAPPLE etc).

Not sure if similar thread exist but just trying to help! It's up to you to evaluate which is the better class for you.

I main a summoner and the class is really good handling bosses and yes even when it comes to tanking (i also round up tanking in most dungs)

I mainly have two builds

Cc build ( for cat pinning and kind of sort of soloing bosses if they don't have a strong resist )

Hard dps build, no ccing (keeping pioson ivy up to do more dmg with sunflower and thorn strike)

Im mostly on my dps build unless there is a need for my cc build like when im tanking in cold store, handling one of the twins in sogun, etc. Im always tanking the bosses unless i run into a good tank or ill run with my friend who is an excellent kfm tank. I would have very rare occasions I'll actually play as a rng class cause im alway tanking a boss. No complaints i actually rather enjoy having more aggro than a higher ap summoner with a legend while im tanking away in true scorpion. Idk how that happens

Sadly i think summoners are going to get rework where bees will be more essential than sunflower. Going to hold off getting my legend until they fix the light buff on seraphim staff or see if they update on class skill balance comes true

I am a pro summoner and I will sum it up for you:

If you are a lazy person, don't like dynamics and just like to lay back and press couple of buttons then Summoner is your class.

If you are adrenaline sort of person, like fast actions and dynamics then I will suggest you assassin / bm.

Btw this sums it up for both PvE and PVP, nothing changes.

Another troll that hates summoners because when you are first starting out they are too hard to fight since "there are 2 things to click on". This isn't the talk of a pro summoner. please show you're win/losses in pvp so far for this season. If you are "only pressing a couple buttons" then I can't imagine you are fairing very well.

Summoner is for you if you can get positioning, skill rotation, and various other mechanics down. I main summoner and have to hard carry ppl in pve and in pvp it can be a big challenge fighting kfms and destros where one mistake can easily cost you the match.

You will always hear people badmouth summoner and act like it takes zero skill but when u ask them for proof they ride off in the night faster then Paul Revere. You're welcome for tanking most bosses, taking care of cc's and pins, and kitty rezzing you when you die. No probs bro.

11 minutes ago, Enoll said:

I am a pro summoner and I will sum it up for you:

If you are a lazy person, don't like dynamics and just like to lay back and press couple of buttons then Summoner is your class.

If you are adrenaline sort of person, like fast actions and dynamics then I will suggest you assassin / bm.

Lololol. definitely a funny vid.

screenshot your rank though. seems like a low ranked match as he didnt use any escapes whatsoever...prob were fighting a bot. You could prob get away with doing that in low bronze on us servers. silver+ an entirely different story.

In the U.S. there's more sins and destros in top 10 then summoner...pretty much always.(except back when it was 6/10 kfm then 6/10 sin)

8 minutes ago, Enoll said:

This is how you play summoner - https://www.twitch.tv/frozoneafro/v/74708150   <--- I think this pretty much sums it up.

And I am rank 2 summoner atm in EU.

Don't worry, no need to play on the NA servers I have already seen streams to see the quality of play, however if you like I can give you some summoner lessons in pvp depending on the class. What people don't realize is you also have to tech chase with summoner, and what makes a very big difference is whether you grab or whether you do air combo, a lot of summoner colleagues don't realize that. <--- That's probably the best advise I have given especially the second bit about the air combo, if people have a bit of brain you will see summoner infestation in the top ranking soon.

1 hour ago, Jackiesaysya said:

you should try to play on us servers:). id love to see the streams. id subscribe to any summoner that can make it top 10 ez.

You cant really ask a EU player to play in US and expect to perform so well, usually they will have 300+ Ping/Latency, even with WTFast they wont be able to time perfectly everything, plus our servers have Lag issues so that wont help.

I say that because some of my best friends from some years ago were from EU, we played some games that didnt require ping at all (strategy games and that kind of stuff), but then they wanted to try action games and we were not able to play anything together after that, i havent played with them since year ago, theres no way for them and for me to play with 300-500 ping

Archived