Need help Blocking Ironheart Ball Phase in mushin floor 14

CastielSeven

I can't for the life of me figure out what skill is used to block Ironheart Ball ability. Got my fm up to this floor, i could burn his health down quite easily however, when he rolls around  can't figure out how to stop him. I watched this FM video and at precisely 18:49  this FM blocked this phase successfully but I can't see what skill he used for it. Can someone explain?  Thanks :)

Just took a quick look at the video you posted.

The FM used Firestorm Tier 3 Stage 2. It's your Tab key in Flame Stance - it launches dazed/knocked-down/stunned targets into the air, and also counters attacks for 0.5 seconds.

The person in this video waited until Ironheart rolled right on top of them and used Flame Tab to block the ball, stopping it's charge. I wouldn't recommend doing that, it's insanely risky to do that seeing as Ironheart can instakill you with the roll if you miss (it can occasionally multi-hit you, with each hit knocking you back into *another* hit). I'd recommend starting the block slightly earlier.

If you have it, you can also use HM Impact to block the roll. (EDIT: Tier 5 Stage 1 Impact - not Tier 5 Stage 2. You need 300 reclaimed pages for this one, it's usually only used in pvp but it could be useful here?)

The third option is to ignore the blocking mechanic entirely, and just simply sidestep Ironheart as it rolls around, and keep shooting spells at it. Until recently I didn't even know you COULD block Ironheart's charge - I just dodged the missiles and kept hammering him with LMB-RMB-2 until he died.

7 minutes ago, Talinoth said:

Just took a quick look at the video you posted.

The FM used Firestorm Tier 3 Stage 2. It's your Tab key in Flame Stance - it launches dazed/knocked-down/stunned targets into the air, and also counters attacks for 0.5 seconds.

The person in this video waited until Ironheart rolled right on top of them and used Flame Tab to block the ball, stopping it's charge. I wouldn't recommend doing that, it's insanely risky to do that seeing as Ironheart can instakill you with the roll if you miss (it can occasionally multi-hit you, with each hit knocking you back into *another* hit). I'd recommend starting the block slightly earlier.

If you have it, you can also use HM Impact to block the roll.

The third option is to ignore the blocking mechanic entirely, and just simply sidestep Ironheart as it rolls around, and keep shooting spells at it. Until recently I didn't even know you COULD block Ironheart's charge - I just dodged the missiles and kept hammering him with LMB-RMB-2 until he died.

yea it is risky, but him rolling around does waste precious time.  Btw I just realized the girl in the video is in the same clan im in,  haha small world, didnt notice the name or the server till now.  I guess now I have a good reason to join discord.  (just barely interacted with people on there,  mostly cause i tend to focus on doing dailies or im just simply the quiet type.)

I tried HM impact and all it did was went through him as he rolled over me.  But maybe i put the points in the wrong place...

the problem i see with some skills is that sometimes stacking embers is required, this is also a problem ive been having in yeti,  dpsing, using sheath at the correct time, and trying to stun yeti can be overwhelming as an fm.

Yep you stop it with Firestorm (tab) but you don't have to let it come too close to do it , its has a 5m radius which is more than enough...also if your firestorm is on cd then you can iframe its pass with Q-E also.

23 hours ago, CastielSeven said:

yea it is risky, but him rolling around does waste precious time.

Seriously? I don't get why people are complaining about every single second they "lose". Just don't be a movement noob and hit him while he is rolling around (after 3 lines he will stop anyway). Sure, you can stop him earlier with the risk of dying and losing minutes instead of losing maybe 10 seconds. Good idea, go ahead.

Archived