Solo dungeon: restealth fails and general clunky boss mechanics

CoffeeDemon

So i started leveling an assassin and really enjoyed it (especially the ability to solo all the dungeons) until i hit level 45.

Junghado was impossible at the first attempt, because i didn't have enough HP to survive these moments where the game just randomly decides to *cricket* you aka "you can not do that right now". You want to shadow dash, but it just does not activate even though you didn't take a single hit and there are no debuffs on you, then junghado turns towards you and BAM you are dead. These random bugs make the boss battles really painful and unjoyable.  It's possible that this happened with low level bosses too but at least you didn't have to hack them for 5 minutes so failing didn't cost that much time.

So i guess i will just gear up and take junghado down with brute force.... have enough AP and HP so bugs and fails don't matter. (this is soooo lame)

Then i also tried to solo brightstone. 1st boss multiple resets, 2nd boss multiple resets. Apparently if you kill the adds in stealth they always do that so you just need to focus the boss down and hope that all the mobs don't get in the way and knock you out of stealth multiple times. This is no fun...seriously.

But now i made it to the last 2 bosses and damage wise it should be no problem at all to dps them down but i can't figure out how to kill the freaking orbs without the bosses reseting every time. If I stay in stealth while the bosses do their god mode attacks, they will reset so i need to be visible but then the orbs attack me constantly and it hurts because i don't have high end gear. (bloodshade ss and oathbreaker with 35ap gem, no bracelet yet) So i take the attacks in the face while the first boss does his jumps and afterwards i try to kill the orbs but the boss resets anyway.... wtf. Is this just another dungeon that you can only do with OP gear so skill doesn't even matter? Just button mashing?

Now i feel like at level 45 you hit a wall and everything becomes unrewarding and unfun.

Also the higher in level I go, the more bugged bosses become or the more obvious the bugs become because bosses tend to have an unnecessary high amount of HP which will just increase the chance of bugs screwing you up completely

Also why does it feel like every 3rd or 4th attack has a small delay? Does the game randomly decide that it needs to wait for the US server before certain attacks are allowed to activate? I live in germany and the server is supposed to be in germany. My ping should a dream, but it feels more clunky than league of legends for example where my ping is around 32ms. Also why is the in game "server delay display" always 90ms-150ms? Thats kinda weird too.

PS: here are a few examples to prove that i am not the only one with the restealth bugs and its not just my crappy pc/ connection whatever...

Heres a couple helpful assassin videos that helped me when I was leveling my assassin.

for Junghado, an absolute god send.

for brightstone ruins, completely possible to ignore the cores and other reset issues that boss has doing what he says.

As an assassin for Junghado most of the time it's you screwing something up or i think so when i was still killing Junghado from time to time i couldn't stealth in time because or lag/bot reaction time/whatever so if you're doing the perma-stealth way use your stun(lmb) before using Backstep and trying to Shadow dash behind him.

Just in case get the Smoke Screen(Fighting Spirit if you're definitely not feeling confident and are scared to screw up) for the "I fu**ed up" time where you're didn't stealth for any reason and the Lotus Fury that gives you i-frame for his penta-slash or whatever it's called.

As for Brightstone just don't touch the add when you kill them stealthed and there's no one to have the aggro it tend to reset so just don't kill them if you're just hitting the boss/mini-boss they should be bored atfer some time and go back to where they're summoned/starting position OR your last known position aka where you were when you used Backstep to Shadow Dash if you were visible for like 0.2 sec.

For the Twin at the end the one on the left from the doorway jump 4 time on you so if you're stealthed he'll wait for you to unstealth(lol) and the one on the right will walk toward you before using an aoe around him.

Same as the add before for the orb you don't touch them or unstealth before killing them, if you do kill them you better pray that he won't reset(and he most likely will) otherwise the huge aoe of the orb only come from the middle orb from what i can remember but i usually just tank them and even with lag and messing up i never use the 2 Dragon Blood.

And there is a safe spot if you hug the wall between the twin or get far enough on the side i think(not sure for the side).

As for after 45 the dungeon boss will see you stealthed and you basically won't be able to really stealth solo and i gave up when i saw what the Soulstone Plains looked like(came back for the SF)

27 minutes ago, Takaoni said:

As for after 45 the dungeon boss will see you stealthed and you basically won't be able to really stealth solo and i gave up when i saw what the Soulstone Plains looked like(came back for the SF)

My first character was a warlock but i found it really boring because you can just stand on 1 spot and dps when doing dungeons in party. Boss fights were extremely boring with the huge hp bars. Just mash buttons RMB/F with a bit of V/4 for a few minutes. Soloing dungeons also felt more like a stat check than anything else, either you can tank the boss because you are geared/leveled enough so you just dps or you use your thrall to take aggro and just dps with rmb and then kite around a bit until your thrall is back.

So I started an assassin because i thought it would be way more interesting and fun to solo some of these dungeons and also more rewarding. Since assassins are melee I would actually feel a bit of challenge when a boss starts casting (warlock is out of boss range most of the time and just mindlessly dpsing lol)

But these level 45 dungeons are not fair, they are kinda challenging but in a very unfair way.

I already found that video with the knockdown/decoy to basically reset junghados rotation and keep him from using the god mode attack. I got him down to like 30% and then at some point an important spell didn't activate for some inexplicable reason and i died anyway. I actually had to stop trying because my weapon broke, even if i had beaten him eventually ... the reward is a joke compared to the effort it takes. So in the end you are better off leveling to 50 getting better gear and just burst him down while your stats ensure that you can survive a few bugs... and i thought assassin would be diffrent.

In party if you got a decent tank you don't really need to move other than mechanic or thing like that(if your're ranged for melee there's always some aoe to avoid) and just to tell you but you should know it i think.

In B&S stat mean everything(AP for pretty much 3/4 of the player) like it doesn't matter if you know the dungeon, what you're doing or anything they'll judge you based on your AP first and crit if they're still thinking a bit.

On another note if you want challenge you can level a tank and try to solo thing i knew someone who would try to solo Poharan for exemple because either he wanted to train at tanking or he was damn bored(don't try it you won't do it too much health regen on some boss).

And assassin after 45(Moonwater basically) need to adapt and stop perma-stealthing, they have to get some HM skills to stack poison and basically spam lmb/rmb all days long(i stopped at HM skill because at the time this skill was damn expensive and there was only 1 HM skill so pointless).

And don't quote me on the spam lmb/rmb i never bothered to adapt my assassin when i saw the new soulstone farm never managed to do Blackwyrm so you can guess what i think of the Soulstone Plains.

PS : I leveled up a Warlock for their release event got it to 45 and using it for the job not even bothering to do anything else not my thing, can't get in a ranged mind in B&S FM/Summ are not my playstyle at all so try to level something to 50 and get a taste of high level content and try to find something that you'll enjoy playing i did KFM => Assassin => SF and i do enjoy SF kinda KFM-ish but with a shitty ranged alternative for farming(aoe damage) and those moment where you don't want to/feel like getting close and personnal with something(BW/SSP even if i'm not there yet don't feel like leveling just farming costume all day long to make it happen latter).

23 minutes ago, Takaoni said:

try to level something to 50 and get a taste of high level content

I know the high level content. I played as level 50 warlock for quite some time but it got boring so i thought it could be fun to get a 35 ap gem and socket it into the hongmoon starter weapon on an assassin and just try to solo my way through all dungeons... so i did that. It was really cool at first. Did my first Blackram Narrows solo at level 20 with that hongmoon lv 10 weapon and at level 36 i soloed Tomb of Exile and i was really amazed because I could actually succeed where other classes would need a party and it was a unique exprience. Also no need to bid on important items.

How are assassins in soulstone plains? Do the bosses there see through stealth? Can you use stealth to get wounded soldiers without aggroing the terror mobs of doom?

Can't say game not optimized for nowadays so at Blackwyrm i got around 7-10 fps at medium quality, at the worst possible quality and without seeing anyone else i had 15-18 fps so never managed to do it without forcing myself to do it so i saw what it would look like and went like "Nope not gonna happen" and quit.

Blackwyrm wasn't doable for me at the time not it's on an even bigger scale with more people most likely a miracle won't happen and the game is not optimized so 10 fps are supposed to come back and i don't want to play a game that look like it came straight from the 90's.

PS : The Terror around Blackwyrm was pretty hellish and random for melee at the time so it should be the same(Good luck if you're not having those fps problem).

• Tack Spinal Tap on Junghado before using Backstep -> Shadow Dash so he doesn't retaliate. If Shadow Dash does not become usable, hit him with Turning Leaf to further extend stun.
  • If, per chance Junghado uses his red aoe, get away and Lotus Fury into his five-point strike. Tack him with Set Landmine and Hook Kick right after.
  • Take Smokescreen Tier 2 Stage 2 to block orb projectiles, then kite Emerald/Azure Lord's jumps around them. Their phases aren't bugged, they just can't execute them because they need to see you in order to do so, and they reset on their own because they lose aggro over time from not attacking you or being attacked.

The "wall" here you can very easily adjust your strategy, but you can't always rely on stealth. The bigger wall would be Mushin and Naksun, as they can see you in stealth no matter what.

4 hours ago, Takaoni said:

In B&S stat mean everything(AP for pretty much 3/4 of the player) like it doesn't matter if you know the dungeon, what you're doing or anything they'll judge you based on your AP first and crit if they're still thinking a bit.

Stats don't mean *everything*. If you have high stats but have no clue how to do your most optimal rotation you won't be contributing much; if you don't know the boss mechanics and then fail or die from a lack of knowledge then you're contributing nothing.

4 hours ago, CoffeeDemon said:

How are assassins in soulstone plains? Do the bosses there see through stealth? Can you use stealth to get wounded soldiers without aggroing the terror mobs of doom?

Terrors will still see you in stealth. On the flip side, Stealth/Smokescreen lets you negate their projectile volley (if they have it), and somehow their standard red aoe doesn't hit through stealth, plus the 50% evasion bonus.

19 hours ago, Takaoni said:

And assassin after 45(Moonwater basically) need to adapt and stop perma-stealthing, 

This ^ 

When I first started off as a SIN i used to be in stealth all the time. I liked that a lot of my DPS came from being in stealth and I found that being out of stealth I was too vulnerable and I didn't know how to DPS properly and I hated it. As I leveled up and new class changes happened I switched to the Dark build to fight out of stealth, and I love it so much better. The raw DPS you can perform out of stealth is amazing with the dark build so I would recommend trying it and spec your "E" to Sidestep right since most bosses/enemies have true sight to see you anyways. 

Also, for the "you cannot do that right now" message when using Shadow Dash, I find that you need to wait for the skill to completely be on cooldown before using it so you need to be precise. If pressed before the cooldown you are actually trying to hit the Shadow Drain button again so that is why you get that message, I think :D

Also, you have to remember that these dungeons are meant for 6 players...so soloing when you are not OP will be somewhat difficult. 

"you can not do that right now" << i always thingking was caused laging.. like in my screen said 6m distant but cause of ruberband, on the server still read bellow 5m.. but still not sure :D anoying yess.. specially when u do junghado.. so i prepare 6s imunity pot at time like that.. drink the pot run.. stealth.. back hit again...

for brighstone.. ignore the ads.. specially when the boss at raging mode... except u can kill adds rilly fast.. ignore it.. when bos at raging mode.. unstealth fast with kick.. n run between boss and wall for dodging boss attck.. just make sure dont to close with the hibernate bos.. coz u will get bounce.. bos raging at 75% and 50%.. bellow 30% both boss will attck you.. so if u can.. keep perma stealth at 30%- 0.. then u only need to kill another boss with 50% hp left.. same with ogong.. make sure u unstealth after kill adds or if u cant kill fast let 1 second unstealth while kill ads.. so the boss keep targeting u n not reset...

just my experience

Archived