very few SF's in pvp ranking

Choco Wack

tons of i-frames, blocks, stuns, heals.  Our rank 1 in NA right now is a soul fighter, just dont know if he's really skilled because aside from him, i dont see any other which is on top. why? is this toon for pve only or really for pvp? they looked very OP specially the skills, but  I dont see any result? what are SF's counter usually? SM, sin or destro? because those 3 pretty much can obliterate you.

Putting so much time, gold and real money and this what you get? a mid tier class?

4 hours ago, Choco Wack said:

Our rank 1 in NA right now is a soul fighter

4 hours ago, Choco Wack said:

is this toon for pve only

You are being contradictory with yourself. This class is for purely pvp and be it NA or EU it already has so many players on top ranking. Warlock wasnt been even on the first page for near 2 months after being released.

3 hours ago, Kung Fung said:

You are being contradictory with yourself. This class is for purely pvp and be it NA or EU it already has so many players on top ranking. Warlock wasnt been even on the first page for near 2 months after being released.

I am talking about SF's in top rankings not sins. All I see are sins and destro's. Click on every page and check.  in Na, top 50 pvp players, there are only 3 SF's. Same number as Warlocks. 3. This class is really for pvp.

But his point still stands. The fact that we have a number one ranking the first week it's out, versus warlock that's been out for months and only just now starting to break into the top 100 speaks volumes. More people are going to get better at it, and more people will show up in rankings. SF is almost critical in some tag matches. The ability to drop in, cc enemy, and then drop a big heal for teammate is worth it's weight in spades.

As for pve, it can more than hold its own. I'm constantly grabbing aggro, even off kfms that are specced for threat. I get grindtooth kills every single time in ssp. It's no harder to play than any other melee class with the added ability to go range. Group heal and group rez is clutch in lots of situations. 

7 hours ago, Sherizumi said:

But his point still stands. The fact that we have a number one ranking the first week it's out, versus warlock that's been out for months and only just now starting to break into the top 100 speaks volumes. More people are going to get better at it, and more people will show up in rankings. SF is almost critical in some tag matches. The ability to drop in, cc enemy, and then drop a big heal for teammate is worth it's weight in spades.

As for pve, it can more than hold its own. I'm constantly grabbing aggro, even off kfms that are specced for threat. I get grindtooth kills every single time in ssp. It's no harder to play than any other melee class with the added ability to go range. Group heal and group rez is clutch in lots of situations. 

Yup, having only one SF in the top 10 does not mean that the class is very good at pvp, but the player is. If the class is good, even average players can still get top rankings like sins.

The more number of each class appear in the top rankings the more it is said to be pvp based class. I compared SF to warlock because it is such in a low tier right now when it comes to pvp. I always farm ssp, I seldom see SF's there. I cannot include Sf's with high ap because it is obvious they can get loot from grindtooth. I am considering SF's who only got 500 ap that can get grindtooth drop. New players who ca only get up to oathbreaker cannot get loot from it. But old players who prepared for this new class can go straight to scorpio. If the amount of SF's in top rankings will increase, that means this toon is really good. But looking at only 1 player will not help. that player is good, he might have another class which is also in top ranking. Overall he is really a good pvp player. if you test 50 people to play pvp using SF, only 3 can make it. if you switch and make it a Sin for example, the amount of players increases. Thus, depends on the class they use and the efficiency of that class to dominate in pvp.

Of course it does. Is the same player ranked at number 1 on another character? Using the top 10 as an example is buffoonery. There's 3 in the Top 50. All that says is that there's more people willing to stick with what works rather than do something new. BECAUSE of the uphill climb to get their gear and HM levels to the same spot their main is. And please, using Grindtooth as an example of something is asinine. Show me melee players that regularly get Grindtooth kills at 500 ap regardless of class. Go ahead. I'll wait. Just because you don't see them there, doesn't mean there's not a bunch of people using and being great with them. You're on one server, you have no basis for comparison, and you'd have to play all day everyday on every server to get any kind of accurate statistics on the class. You sound like someone that just seriously has a hate on for the class. Maybe you should just stop playing it. Having a bunch of certain types of classes in the top whatever shows nothing other than people aren't willing to Reroll to that class because of the time spent on their main. This game is not forgiving at all of alts. I should know. I've got 50's of every class. And other than my SF, I stop at oathbreaker on all of them as at that level it allows me to do whatever I would care to do on them with no issues. 

1 hour ago, Sherizumi said:

Of course it does. Is the same player ranked at number 1 on another character? Using the top 10 as an example is buffoonery. There's 3 in the Top 50. All that says is that there's more people willing to stick with what works rather than do something new. BECAUSE of the uphill climb to get their gear and HM levels to the same spot their main is. And please, using Grindtooth as an example of something is asinine. Show me melee players that regularly get Grindtooth kills at 500 ap regardless of class. Go ahead. I'll wait. Just because you don't see them there, doesn't mean there's not a bunch of people using and being great with them. You're on one server, you have no basis for comparison, and you'd have to play all day everyday on every server to get any kind of accurate statistics on the class. You sound like someone that just seriously has a hate on for the class. Maybe you should just stop playing it. Having a bunch of certain types of classes in the top whatever shows nothing other than people aren't willing to Reroll to that class because of the time spent on their main. This game is not forgiving at all of alts. I should know. I've got 50's of every class. And other than my SF, I stop at oathbreaker on all of them as at that level it allows me to do whatever I would care to do on them with no issues. 

i checked pvp rankings each day, and same old SF people are there. But the amount of new players using other classes seems to increase. It is just simple. many people made this class when it went out. Most of them made this toon for pvp.  Weeks passed already. But still 3 only went to top 50. This class is a mid tier class. When it comes to pvp also. I play on two servers, Poharan and Mushin. I do ssp and dailies on both. I have my first toon in Poharan then my friends invited me to make another in Mushin. I dont see SF in ssp. Grindtooth is a good example since only a few melee classes can get loot from that boss at 500 ap. But who cares about pve. This class is pvp. But looking at the stats every day in pvp ranking, It was just false advertisement. If you really think that this class is good, do you pvp and are you at the top 50? if not stop defending. you dont even know how SF's got really wrecked when it comes to pvp in the top 50's.

@Sherizumi 

Please show me how to pvp and reach top ranking as an SF. You sounded like you really know this class and can reach even top 50 pvp ranking. Please come back and give me a screenshot of your SF reaching top 50 so I can believe you with all your facts.  You sounded very convincing now, please come back when you reach the top.

Yeah and? So the top 10 are mostly Destroyers and Assassins. So the &%$@ what. Yes I pvp, I'm not Top 50 and I'm not trying to be. So by your definition BM and BD are absolute shit as well. Might as well throw in Summoners and FMs in there as none of them are in the top 10 either. They might as well not even Queue up. And who cares about what you see in SSP. I see plenty, and I see plenty getting the loot. Your opinion is no more valid than mine. The fact still stands that someone took SF straight to the top. Does that player have other toons in the Top 50, or is that the only one. And why can't these so called magnitude of other classes not make it to number 1. Your argument has 0 validity. Where are you in the top 50 hot shot. Back it up before YOU start making claims. I could care less what you don't see in SSP, you obviously aren't paying attention. Lol, and weeks. It's been out, 2 1/2 weeks. It took warlocks how long to crack the top 50? Like I said. Who in their right mind is going to go make a new toon to try and get it up into higher ranks with the grind required to get them there. If I invested that much on another toon, I certainly wouldn't. Why are dest and assassins so frequent at the top. Oh, I don't know, maybe it has something to do with Rogues and Warriors being the most frequently created characters in any mmo. 

30 minutes ago, Sherizumi said:

Yeah and? So the top 10 are mostly Destroyers and Assassins. So the &%$@ what. Yes I pvp, I'm not Top 50 and I'm not trying to be. So by your definition BM and BD are absolute shit as well. Might as well throw in Summoners and FMs in there as none of them are in the top 10 either. They might as well not even Queue up. And who cares about what you see in SSP. I see plenty, and I see plenty getting the loot. Your opinion is no more valid than mine. The fact still stands that someone took SF straight to the top. Does that player have other toons in the Top 50, or is that the only one. And why can't these so called magnitude of other classes not make it to number 1. Your argument has 0 validity. Where are you in the top 50 hot shot. Back it up before YOU start making claims. I could care less what you don't see in SSP, you obviously aren't paying attention. Lol, and weeks. It's been out, 2 1/2 weeks. It took warlocks how long to crack the top 50? Like I said. Who in their right mind is going to go make a new toon to try and get it up into higher ranks with the grind required to get them there. If I invested that much on another toon, I certainly wouldn't. Why are dest and assassins so frequent at the top. Oh, I don't know, maybe it has something to do with Rogues and Warriors being the most frequently created characters in any mmo. 

You are right its only 2+ weeks, might as well wait for SF to go up may be 3 months or more right? only 1 player who was on top. Ca you learn more about this class then show me how did you progress in pvp? coz all are just words. Show me how your SF will progress or if even reaches top 100. If that happens all what you say about SF is valid. Show me i will listen and learn from you.

@Sherizumi

LOL. are you even in gold ranking? your just silver?? seriously?? and you said a lot of stuff?? your already HM5 and upgraded your weapon to scorpio thats why lol. really funny. Next time try to give me some hard facts. can you reach even 1600 ranking so you could at least reach GOLD?? Lunar dragons really? WOW. Silver pvp guy here and thinks hes so good. Waste of time. and you from Yunwa?? lol. try to reach even GOLD first please.

21 minutes ago, Choco Wack said:

@880000_1452550468 lol you must be new here :) click on the overall ranking tab, thats your class tab, all classes have that.

Once you see the all ranking, count how many SF's are there. You will be surprised. :)

@Choco WackAt eu we only have 1 diamond at the moment.. and thats a Soul fighter ; ) and there is like 4-5 in top 50. whats the point.? maybe just NA players who play soul fighter are just bad and need more time?

On ‎9‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 9:36 AM, Choco Wack said:

tons of i-frames, blocks, stuns, heals.  Our rank 1 in NA right now is a soul fighter, just dont know if he's really skilled because aside from him, i dont see any other which is on top. why? is this toon for pve only or really for pvp? they looked very OP specially the skills, but  I dont see any result? what are SF's counter usually? SM, sin or destro? because those 3 pretty much can obliterate you.

Putting so much time, gold and real money and this what you get? a mid tier class?

I think you cant Judge this early how soulfighter is doing based on our rankings.

People need time to farm their hm lvls, hm skills and get to know the class.

You cant expect many to have done that in the little time that has passed so far.

Meaning there are less soulfighters compared to other classes who have reached the point of enough lvls, hm skills and getting to know the class at high lvl. So logically its not weird if there are less soulfighters in the rankings atm.

From what I heard its good in 1on1 arena and one of the best in 3v3 tag arena (in Korea).

Warlock needed quite some time in catching up when it was released.

On ‎9‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 1:40 PM, Kung Fung said:

Warlock wasnt been even on the first page for near 2 months after being released.

I agree. those are really skilled players. if you give to normally skilled players like the ones your are fighting in gold, you would see the difference of a sin and a soul fighter.

I was also thinking that single SF is also the player who played another class.

im missing the point of this topic... if u think SF is not good in pvp... then u're definitely wrong ^^

because this class has many variation of gameplay that will decide whether you win or lose a fight....so its the mindset and gameplay of the one who control it

im a casual noob player that try a few the classes in pvp now... but from what i play with my limited amateur skill to alrdy got SF to gold rank at lv 42... 

my experience for classes to gold rank:

scummoner lv 26 hit gold within less than 1hr of first day trying this class in arena

sin lv 32 fairly easy road to gold 

blade cancer lv 34 fairly easy road to gold

SF lv 42 hit gold after 1st day using SF in arena as well.... didnt bother to try be4 lv 42 because wanna unlock all the skill first

wl lv 45 practice needed for this class to hit gold

bm lv 45 really a painful long way with so many matches

you asked why so less SF in rank list... well tbh it havent been that long since SF release so it take times for player to actually consider playing it instead of just testing it due to event and most of the player realise the fact that lvling an alt is extremely costly so then wont bother unless theyre really unsatisfy with their main.

2 hours ago, user001 said:

im missing the point of this topic... if u think SF is not good in pvp... then u're definitely wrong ^^

because this class has many variation of gameplay that will decide whether you win or lose a fight....so its the mindset and gameplay of the one who control it

im a casual noob player that try a few the classes in pvp now... but from what i play with my limited amateur skill to alrdy got SF to gold rank at lv 42... 

my experience for classes to gold rank:

scummoner lv 26 hit gold within less than 1hr of first day trying this class in arena

sin lv 32 fairly easy road to gold 

blade cancer lv 34 fairly easy road to gold

SF lv 42 hit gold after 1st day using SF in arena as well.... didnt bother to try be4 lv 42 because wanna unlock all the skill first

wl lv 45 practice needed for this class to hit gold

bm lv 45 really a painful long way with so many matches

you asked why so less SF in rank list... well tbh it havent been that long since SF release so it take times for player to actually consider playing it instead of just testing it due to event and most of the player realise the fact that lvling an alt is extremely costly so then wont bother unless theyre really unsatisfy with their main.

I agree with waiting for some time. First day of release of SF I want to try and pvp with them. First I was felt they are really op, i-frames, blocks, freeze, etc. Day passed by I learn now how they move, made an SF myself and learn their mechanics. Now its easier to defeat them. What I see SF dominated a bit in arena in the first week because people dont have any idea what their up against. Now as time passes by, you would notice rankings of SF's decrease instead of increasing, since your opponents also now got used to their playstyle.

I just got gold on my lvl 42 SF.
Played like ~10 games or so at lvl 38. Got close to gold but felt I needed the SF heal.

So than I did ~5 or so more at lvl 42 with the heal and got to gold.

Also won against a hmx FM.

Doesnt feel like a weak class to me.
Took me lot more effort getting gold on my FM.

I think you cant Judge this early how soulfighter is doing based on our rankings.

People need time to farm their hm lvls, hm skills and get to know the class and you cant expect many to have done that in the little time that has passed so far.

Meaning there are less soulfighters compared to other classes who have reached the point of enough lvls, hm skills and getting to know the class at high lvl.

So logically its not weird if high in the rankings are less soulfighters as well.

From what I heard its good in 1on1 arena and one of the best in 3v3 tag arena (in Korea).

Warlock needed couple of months before it even appeared on the first page.

Those months havent even passed yet for SF.

To be honest, it felt easy to get 1on1 and 3on3 gold, true! But as more time passes it feels like the know how gain playing SF on how to play AGAINST Sf outwages to our dissfavour. I can currently not really improve my ranking, as soon i meet somebody who figured out what a sf can do im screwed. one of my biggest problems is ppl who understand that you just gotta save your trinket/cc break for melee stun combo... i have no idea what to do to to make them waste it hence the fm stance combo aint really threatening enough to make them pull their cc break ?!? and if i cant land a stun rota combo on them i barely do any dmg it feels ...

Archived