Looking for a mid-level Guide

teoteodore

I've played a few classes to midpoint level 25-30, and have found the Warlock to be the most enjoyable.  I don't always understand the nuances of some skill selections particularly as to synergies between skills (and I don't seem to be able to master the reflexes required to always hit the F-key at the right time --- lol), so I depend on advice usually targeted to level 50 rather than level 30 players.  Any guides around as to how to play this class at level 30?  I'm looking for 3 specific situations, all PvE:  efficiently grinding content solo, defense when ganked AoE and maximizing dungeon DPS when I have little or no fear of pulling aggro.

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=3000002035314503422011060410903304022

This is the basic build I'd use at level 30 (Dark build) regardless of situation. Reason I say this is, it's best to get used to how the build works. It's more mobile than Dragoncall / Bombardment build, and much faster paced (less downtime).

Basics:

LB - Mantra spec'd for Focus gain (T3F1) - If you're finding you're not having focus problems with this build, spend the points elsewhere.

RB - Salvo (T3F4) - Get used to the 1 second delay between casts.  Literally tap RB, wait for icon to turn blue, tap again.  This reduces the cooldown on wingstorm (V)

Rupture (T1F1) - Rupture (F) can be cast after every Salvo, this gives you 1 spectral orb, when you have 3, you can cast Helix (4)

Practice this basic rotation.  RB > LB > RB(Salvo) > RB > F(Rupture) > RB(Salvo) > Repeat...  so R  L  RR  F  RR  L  RR  F  RR  L  RR  F.  There's a bit of a rhythm to it.

This changes a bit later in the game depending on build, but getting used to that 1 sec delay on salvo is what makes or breaks this build.

Cooldowns: - I don't think you have access to Leech (F) at level 30, when you do spec that all teh way to T3F1 (20% Crit)

3 - Imprison (T4F1) - 2 things here. 1, you get 3 spectral orbs when you crit to cast Helix (4), 2, last hit of imprison resets cooldown of Wingstorm (V) and makes it instant cast. Always let this finish, don't move or cast anything while it's ticking away.. Bit of a pain in the ass, but you can use Shackle (2) to root the mobs then (3) so you guarantee that last hit.  This also has the added bonus of (2) branding the enemy which means Imprison will do more damage.

4 - Dragon Helix (T3F3) - This can be cast every time you have 3 spectral orbs.  This is your main DPS aside from Wingstorm. Basically hit this every time it's up. It's instant cast, so you can do it on the run, and you will be doing it a lot. Basically hover your finger over the 4 key or re-bind this to something you're comfortable with.

V - Wingstorm (T2F2) - Spec this to T3 as soon as you can, or take points now from Mantra if you're not having focus problems.  This is both your main source of burst damage, as well as healing.  Every time this goes off you get 3 spectral orbs, which means you can cast helix.  The goal in longer fights is to be able to cast V every time it's up and reset its cooldown as much as possible.  End-game, this is almost constantly running with proper timing, but takes a bit of setup and practice to make that happen.

Survival:

1 - Quell - Blocks frontal attacks, and you can block the yellow boss stuff, not the red stuff.  Some Grips can also be blocked (If it's considered a projectile, some are, some aren't)  Spec this down to T3F1 eventually - this will give you another iFrame in a pinch.

Z - Bastion - Spec this down the left side (F1) when you have some points to give you 5 hits - almost necessary in some dungeons.

V - Wingstorm - Main source of healing when hitting multiple targets. You can go from almost empty to full when you crit on 3-4 mobs.

Basic Fight:

Start with Wingstorm (V) this will start ticking your Helix procs.  While Wingstorm is ticking away your rotation will be something like V, R, 4, R, R, 4, F, R, R, 4, F. Next use 2 to lock down and 3 to reset wingstorm (V), then repeat.  

End-game Wingstorm Rotation (With Leech):

Cast wingstorm, do your rotation, Wiat for Wingstorm to finish, cast it again (It will be up), do your rotation, Cast 2, 3, and Wingstorm again, do your rotation.. by the time all that's done you should be able to hard-cast Wingstorm again, if not, do the basic rotation to reset it's cooldown. (2 second reduction every salvo).  It sounds a little complicated but it actually flows very well once you get used to it.

Hopefully that wasn't too hard to follow..

Just now, 882184_1452550488 said:

yeah but you can just farm your hm skills, its not even that hard to do.. 5000 zen beans for dragoncall for pvp. Bsh for your volume 1.. i have farmed all of my hm skills and it was not that complicated , and i didnt need to pay anything for it.. so your defintion of p2w is just silly .

That makes it pay to win, because you're nothing without the H.M skill..compared to any class, warlock needs the H.M skills..

4 minutes ago, Hamoud said:

i am not kidding, Warlock is the biggest pay to win Class..You have to get all the H.M skills before you can even be a warlock lol

yeah but you can just farm your hm skills, its not even that hard to do.. 5000 zen beans for dragoncall for pvp. Bsh for your volume 1.. i have farmed all of my hm skills and it was not that complicated , and i didnt need to pay anything for it.. so your defintion of p2w is just silly .

13 minutes ago, Hamoud said:

i am not kidding, Warlock is the biggest pay to win Class..You have to get all the H.M skills before you can even be a warlock lol

omg dude, then all classes are p2w classes? you really dont have a clue what you are talking about can just stop write this nonsense? yeah its easy to farm your hm skills, if you put any time into it then just nagging about its a p2w class

then everything is pay 2 win , if you dont wanna grind your gear you pay for it? pay 2 win, same with all mmos

jesus thought i had seen everything.. but this take the price

1 minute ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

The opposite of pay is grinding.... LOL , if you don't wanna pay, then grind... and you make it sound so easy

Just now, Hamoud said:

The opposite of pay is grinding.... LOL , if you don't wanna pay, then grind... and you make it sound so easy

1: To get your H.M skill for Dragon Call, you need to either farm BSH, goodluck with the drop rate, or buy the skill, and you'll need a certain Achivement points to be able to activate it. gg

2: You need Secret tech volume 1 for the soulshackle, farm Yeti, goodluck to drop it LOL, dun wanna farm? save gold and buy it.. goodluck with that too. gg

3: You need Secret tech volume 2 for the Fateful Tome - soul shackle, goodluck farming Necro, you like necro don't you? LOL, or just buy it for gold. gg

4: Bombardment Mastrey, need it? farm Cold Storage, ALOT, and then guess what? you need Asura Ember with it :D, gg

5: Bombardment - Volume 1, need it? farm Nexus, you'll love the drop rate there :D, gg.

Are you even a warlock dude??? you obviously know nothing about Warlocks.

1 minute ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

@Hamoudhaha yeah im a warlock mate, and i farmed everything i didnt have to pay anything , im at 683 ap atm, ranked 15 in EU.. what about you? you talk like everything is pay 2 win, what do you win? nothing , you get skills that you need. . your silly with your defention of " p2w class " , are you even playing warlock? 

Yes i am a Warlock 702, have all the h.m skills, and i farmed for them too, grinded, the opposite of pay to win.

@Hamoudhaha yeah im a warlock mate, and i farmed everything i didnt have to pay anything , im at 683 ap atm, ranked 15 in EU.. what about you? you talk like everything is pay 2 win, what do you win? nothing , you get skills that you need. . your silly with your defention of " p2w class " , are you even playing warlock? 

Sooooo what if you have to rely on drops, that doesnt meaaaan you playing a p2w class if you have to get it from market.

can you just stop comment on stupid nonsense ?

aya dude, im done with you btw, you can keep telling everyone that warlock is a p2w class ;)

4 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

Sooooo what if you have to rely on drops, that doesnt meaaaan you playing a p2w class if you have to get it from market.

can you just stop comment on stupid nonsense ?

aya dude, im done with you btw, you can keep telling everyone that warlock is a p2w class ;)

Like it or not, Warlocks are pay to win, nothing without the H.M skills, my point is, if you don't wanna pay, then grind, i mean Ember, Cold Storage and Necro are easy to farm right? come on now, don't fool new players into this.

Like it or not, Warlocks are built to be Pay to Win, AGAIN maybe you don't understand me, if you dun wanna pay, GRIND, Korean way..

Just now, Hamoud said:

Like it or not, Warlocks are pay to win, nothing without the H.M skills, my point is, if you don't wanna pay, then grind, i mean Ember, Cold Storage and Necro are easy to farm right? come on now, don't fool new players into this.

Like it or not, Warlocks are built to be Pay to Win, AGAIN maybe you don't understand me, if you dun wanna pay, GRIND, Korean way..

your argument about the warlock is a p2w class is just.. stupid to read and to be honest im not gonna argue anymore with you cause its ... pooooointlesss , have a nice day

Just now, 882184_1452550488 said:

your argument about the warlock is a p2w class is just.. stupid to read and to be honest im not gonna argue anymore with you cause its ... pooooointlesss , have a nice day

Have a nice day mate, work on your anger issues plz :D

Getting HM skills...

H.M Dragoncall, which is #1 priority if you wish to be top dps in party play, which is not necessary. The only reason you care about dps is either you are a lone wolf or many of your party members are d-bags and pay attention to little details. This took me 3 days to get 1250 (800 to be more curate) achievements point, around 3~5hr a day. The only reason this is more expensive than other class is that this skill gives Warlock a very big boost in dps compared to other class.

Asura Ember, you absolutely do not need this unless you are interested in a particular play style, so no reason to farm your ass of for this H.M skill. That particular play style still do not need the H.M version. You can do very well without it. It boost dps somewhat but no where as big as H.M Dragoncall.

Assuming it is necessary, I can buy one for 600g, but let's say it is 800g, you get at least 40g a day for all dailies without premium, so which should take 20days to buy it.

I've done 201  Asura 4man (3~5 runs/day) and have gotten 3 embers. I know a few RNGod's lovechild and one have claimed to pick 4 embers in a week, lies or exaggeration I do not care. The point is if you don't put effort in grinding, then don't complain about rng or p2w because I got mine entirely from dungeon, not hongmoon coin.

300 Reclaimed Secret Tech for H.M chain skill is a pointless skill for pve. It has purpose in pvp, but no Warlock I've faced in 1v1 (at least until late 1600s) have use a particular skill set which require this version of H.M skill. So this is another skill not worth grinding for if you do not pvp.

H.M Mantra... I never even used Mantra until I use dark build which is around 10~15s per use so H.M version is another unnecessary. It's like chocolate, nice and sweet, but you don't have to eat it to grow up.

What else? H.M Book in nexus, -20% Focus, pvp only so don't care. Nice and fun now that there are many people in SSP to kill but you don't need it unless you got too much gold to burn.

Summary = dedicated 10~15 hours fully for achievement points and you got all H.M Skill you need to be a good Warlock.

If you have to pay because you can't spend much time on the game then it is understandable. Other than that, I see in no way you must pay developers to be a good warlock or even enjoy this class.

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Ganhur said:

Getting HM skills...

H.M Dragoncall, which is #1 priority if you wish to be top dps in party play, which is not necessary. The only reason you care about dps is either you are a lone wolf or many of your party members are d-bags and pay attention to little details. This took me 3 days to get 1250 (800 to be more curate) achievements point, around 3~5hr a day. The only reason this is more expensive than other class is that this skill gives Warlock a very big boost in dps compared to other class.

Asura Ember, you absolutely do not need this unless you are interested in a particular play style, so no reason to farm your ass of for this H.M skill. That particular play style still do not need the H.M version. You can do very well without it. It boost dps somewhat but no where as big as H.M Dragoncall.

Assuming it is necessary, I can buy one for 600g, but let's say it is 800g, you get at least 40g a day for all dailies without premium, so which should take 20days to buy it.

I've done 201  Asura 4man (3~5 runs/day) and have gotten 3 embers. I know a few RNGod's lovechild and one have claimed to pick 4 embers in a week, lies or exaggeration I do not care. The point is if you don't put effort in grinding, then don't complain about rng or p2w because I got mine entirely from dungeon, not hongmoon coin.

300 Reclaimed Secret Tech for H.M chain skill is a pointless skill for pve. It has purpose in pvp, but no Warlock I've faced in 1v1 (at least until late 1600s) have use a particular skill set which require this version of H.M skill. So this is another skill not worth grinding for if you do not pvp.

H.M Mantra... I never even used Mantra until I use dark build which is around 10~15s per use so H.M version is another unnecessary. It's like chocolate, nice and sweet, but you don't have to eat it to grow up.

What else? H.M Book in nexus, -20% Focus, pvp only so don't care. Nice and fun now that there are many people in SSP to kill but you don't need it unless you got too much gold to burn.

Summary = dedicated 10~15 hours fully for achievement points and you got all H.M Skill you need to be a good Warlock.

If you have to pay because you can't spend much time on the game then it is understandable. Other than that, I see in no way you must pay developers to be a good warlock or even enjoy this class.

Could you explain a bit what was your achievement grinding process? What points are easier to get, harder, what you would recommend doing first.

Viridian - Total 130pts

(equipment/collecting) Viridian Champion - 15 pts  + 40 pts (for completing other soul shield) = 55 pts

(equipment/collecting) Red and White Specter outfit - 10pts

(combat/faction) Marauder's Wrath & Viridian Defender - 20pts (during process of farming those 2 outfits mentioned above)

(combat/dungeon) Blackram Narrow - 20pts for completing 10 times, 25pts for killing under 4s (get a pt of KFM and Warlock) = 45 pts

Cinderlands - 150pts

(combat/dungeon) Four of a Kind - 10pts

(combat/dungeon) Strength in Solitude - 10pts

(combat/dungeon) Burning down the house - 25pts

(combat/dungeon) Cut the noise - 25 pts

(combat/dungeon) 10 times each purple and blue dungeons of Cinderlands - 60pts

(equipment/collecting) Raptor and Cinderlands valor Soul shield - 20pts (cuz all other SS are pain to farm)

Faction - 60pts

ask your clan nicely to put on a faction outfit, stand in one spot and let you mow them down with AoE until you get 10 kills for each faction

Blackram, Bamboo Guard, Tyrian, Stratus, Talus, Skyhaven

That's the small gist of it. There are a lot in Moonwater which is a good place to farm and hone your skill around level 45, including solo Ogong and farm 24man.

Archived