Pc randomly reboots itself

Ambition

Okay i hope some one can help me cause i don't understand, i used to be able to play for hoooours straight, never had any problems, or with any heavier games for that matter, since a day or 2 my PC randomly reboots ONLY while playing BnS, it can be after 3 hours, but it can also happen twice in 30 minutes, no blue screen nothing, im clueless.

i noticed my cpu uses up to almost 100% usage, but it has always been like that i have a decent cpu cooler aswell. any advice how i can atleast figure out what the reason is?

PC specs : CPU i5-4690

GFX GTX970 ASUS STRIX

RAM 8gig

PSU seasonic-g-series-550

CPU cooler Cooler Master hyper evo 212

Not sure but the only thing that comes to my mind is that either CPU or GPU might be overheating.

On another note, how do you have 100% CPU with bns? o.O I play it on a laptop and it never goes too 100%, maybe thats your issue.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Not sure but the only thing that comes to my mind is that either CPU or GPU might be overheating.

On another note, how do you have 100% CPU with bns? o.O I play it on a laptop and it never goes too 100%, maybe thats your issue.

yeah i figure its my CPU, no idea but it never used to reboot before.. only since latest patch, its not non stop @100% cpu but it peaks sometimes no idea why.. :(

is there any way i can like assign certain cores to BnS or make it prioritize bns higher so the chance of rebooting is smaller, or find out why my pc exactly reboots out of nowhere?

I just downloaded a programm called speccy, i will check my ingame temps after dinner

Try asking this on a pc expert forum. While this only happens with bns you seem to be quite unique with this problem. I think most people here can only advice stuff like: check what other progs are running with bns, add bns client and gameguard to exceptions in antivir, disable antivir worst case, change compatibility mode, reinstall bns, check for virus.

The issue may be caused by your CPU overheating. Blade and Soul is very intensive on the CPU. Especially on the weaker CPU cards these days the CPU is more likely to overheat. 
I would recommend cleaning the inside of your computer using cotton swabs and try to remove as much dust buildup as you can. Additionally try renewing the cooling paste on your CPU chip aswel. This should help with the overheating.

Whenever the CPU gets into a dangerous level of heat. the computer will reboot itself automaticly to prevent any damage done to the computer's hardware.
I learned this the hardway after literally melting my motherboard. 

It was a bad day for me that day.

54 minutes ago, Woofygoo said:

The issue may be caused by your CPU overheating. Blade and Soul is very intensive on the CPU. Especially on the weaker CPU cards these days the CPU is more likely to overheat. 
I would recommend cleaning the inside of your computer using cotton swabs and try to remove as much dust buildup as you can. Additionally try renewing the cooling paste on your CPU chip aswel. This should help with the overheating.

Whenever the CPU gets into a dangerous level of heat. the computer will reboot itself automaticly to prevent any damage done to the computer's hardware.
I learned this the hardway after literally melting my motherboard. 

It was a bad day for me that day.

but i checked the tempertures, it was max 60 degrees and now the game crashes after 1 min stead of 3 hours, im starting to think it might be an psu issue i dunno :(

Sometimes the TiM that is placed between the processor and heatsink can dry out and become uneffective. it ensures that there is proper contact between the two items to transfer heat. without it its very easy for a CPU to hit its throttle temp, if it stays there too long the computer will shutdown to prevent damage. 

i use this. there are cheaper solutions though. one tube is enough to do like 30 or more applications. and this stuff want dry out and become useless over time. make sure you wipe the old stuff off the processor and heatsink before applying. you can use a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a rag. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB7G4819632

just read more.

if your computer is crashing only in game it could be bad memory. if you have 2 sticks remove one and see what happens. do the same for the other stick too. test them one by one.

your power supply is good enough for what your running. its a possibility its faulty but i would not put money on that. its called troubleshooting for a reason :x 

was just thinking. if you really think it may be the power supply you can test it but you would need a multi-meter that can check voltages to do it.

the power supply should be reading 3.3V 5V and 12V. they can be off by a small percentage and still be good. there are guides online if you want to go this route. it involves closing a circuit and running the supply outside of the computer not attached to anything. 

i would test the ram 1st. if the ram is fine then you should look into the power supply. either way its not an expensive fix. you just need to cross out all the possibility before you throw money at it by testing the individual components. 

all computer tech people work thru what they know and make educated guesses based on that to fix problems. there is no such thing as a tech thats always right :D

might be driver issues.not sure though since i dont own a geforce,
but i had similar issues when running the game with the newest
crimson drivers for radeon cards.
rolled back to an older catalyst version and all is fine now

• 1 year later...

Archived