Is it normal to die so much?

victor122

So I've been playing with the warlock for several days and had a lot of fun... until I reached the Spirestone Canyons... I've died so many times... Is it normal for a warlock to die so much? or is it just this mob ifested region?

use your thrall to pull mobs to him so you can chain and AOE them down

I use this technique in lair with 12 mobs. run in hit z, cast thrall, thrall pulls all mobs to him, ss, hit 2 to chain, then hit 3 till done then dc, then v, if crit pops hit 4 and rmb to spam during cooldowns

2 hours ago, Natose said:

use your thrall to pull mobs to him so you can chain and AOE them down

I use this technique in lair with 12 mobs. run in hit z, cast thrall, thrall pulls all mobs to him, ss, hit 2 to chain, then hit 3 till done then dc, then v, if crit pops hit 4 and rmb to spam during cooldowns

How do you talent your Thrall for that?

As for OP, the Spirestone Canyon area is actually one of the hardest in the leveling sequence. Once you get to the next area sequence, things will get simple again. I know other folks may disagree with my noob opinion, but Helix build is imo better one for solo-leveling and until you get HM skills.

I started my lock a couple days ago after coming back to the game (left a month after launch).

In Hogshead right now, been running most abilities to give health steal.  Run all green dungeons solo just fine at level, also solo all the world bosses.

It's pretty much just never stop moving, and don't be afraid to use your abilities up for trash.  It gets spammy AF it seems.  I've got a block gem in my weapon right now... it was pretty crazy at lower levels, gave me 60+% chance and blocked a ton of damage.

• 4 months later...

I main warlock and it was my first ever game character that I created. I died a lot with her, we started out weak, died together, got frustrated together (I think I was the only one frustrated though lol), got our butts kicked and yelled at by other players, but we got stronger together. I think the reason I'm more attached to her and play her more than my other side characters is because I struggled through the entire game with her. 

I still think warlock is amazing but it's weak...through my experience with other melee characters.

I sucked so much that I would die more than 5-10+ plus times during a single leveling process. I remember fighting pokey at level 20ish and kept dying and wondered if I should quit the game cuz I sucked so much. 

I still die, but I'm glad I stuck with it. 

Archived