Trial Arena and Infinity Tower

PCComet

Let's talk about the 2 new modes available to use.

What do think about them. Have you tried them? Was it fun? what was the highest floor you got in infinity tower and highest level in arena? Did you use PvP build or PvE build?

• For me, it was a surprise to see this type of thing here, i didn't think infinity tower would be like that, i thought it was bosses not classes and i didn't even know about Trial arena. It really mixes everything that i worked on and puts it to the test. Pve gear and PvP knowledge vs the classes and it does incite me to level my gear more so that i can get to that scary level 10 difficulty.
  • I tried both of them and had a blast.
  • Trial Arena is fun until you get to the part where they start having the buff that refreshes their skills. Infinity tower is also fun but i wasn't aware of the time limit. I got to level 24 on only one attempt in infinity tower and my highest level for arena was VS Blade dancer and i believe it was stage 5 where the timer ran out.
  • I used my PvP build expecting some slow reactions from the AIs but i was wrong as i started to climb the difficulties. 

Tell me what you guys think

I reached floor 30 until now. A big Problem at the moment is our gear which isn't good enough for the tower. No way you can go up to floor 100. Even if you can manage the enemy cooldowns and skills, you run out of time because you are doing too less damage. It's a nice idea however. Didn't the training much.

The new modes are fun, but FMs will likely never be particularly good at it. They require you to use a lot of CC while still doing good amount of damage. We have to sacrifice a good amount of damage to get CC and defensive abilities, and our main sources of PVE damage are easily blocked/countered/parried. Reason why you mostly see Summoner and Destros on the top, with some KFMs in there as well, the classes that can 100-0 in a 4-5 sec CC chain. 

In EU I was scanning the top 50 and there were zero FMs. So yeah, it's a fun mode, but at times even more frustrating than meeting good BMs in arena, if you know what I mean lol.

Summoner took most of the top ranking in NA.

And to be honest, every time I fight Summoner in Infinite Tower, I wanted to smash the keyboard.

So far so good, I'm stucked at Floor 25 at the moment, AP 570+ and 250+ms...

FMs are in a real disadvantage in that content. You only have to look at the ranking. The 1st fm there is around rank 150. That's insane. And no one can tell me that's because the players of other classes are that better. Not only is the AI very good there, your gear matters (we got it too early so it's too hard anyway) and the enemies don't have legit focus and skill cooldowns. At least it's not that bad because you won't get anything important there (the ss is good for pvp but not more). Everyone who focuses on pve can ignore that for now.

Unfortunately, FM still doesn't have a lot of the HM skills necessary to blow up the bots in record time. We can't do the Frost Prison -> Chi Bomb combo yet, or the LMB-RMB-3 -> Q/E (dash behind opponent) -> 4 (Shadow Grasp) -> 4 (Multiple Blaze) combo.

Even then, it'll be hard to progress, even in the long term. We can't lock down enemies anywhere near as well now because of the Frost Fury nerf, the bots have nonexistent cooldowns on their major escapes (WHITE LEGENDARY WEAPONS, MY GOD), and in order to spec into our somewhat limited daze/stun abilities we also have to sacrifice a big chunk of our damage.

Force Masters do the most damage in pve because boss monsters don't usually block/deflect/counter 90% of your attacks. The bots however won't just let you stand there and machinegun LMB-RMB-Blazing Beam - that's a really good way to get comboed.

I still make decent progress (Floor 20+ not that big a deal, 606 AP, 230ms ping, made it to Floor 26 but encountered a Summoner) if I play into the right classes (KFM, Warlock, Destroyer, Blade Dancer, even Blade Master isn't that bad) but if I meet Assassins, Force Masters, or Summoners;

- Assassins waste huge amounts of time, but aren't that dangerous most of the time. Takes almost 2 minutes every time to kill them.

- Force Masters also waste large amounts of my time with almost constant uptime on Divine Veil and general slipperiness. They usually can't kill me for the same reasons I have trouble killing them, but it makes me grind my teeth in frustration when I can't land any damage for 15 seconds.

- The Summoner will waste huge amounts of my time or absolutely steamroll me. They're better than real players, have much better stats, and Petal Storm is up 70-80% of the fight. Cat cc is perfectly timed, Sunflower goes straight through Divine Veil, you can't double aerial them or the cat will stop you, you can't kill the cat because it's got something like 300,000 or so hp (FUUUU-), and you can't freeze-lock them consistently because they have two backstep moves.

It's offensive and defensive game are both better than any other bot. When I fought Summoners in the Training Arena and unlocked Difficulty 3 - forget 3 stars, not even 2 stars - it took me nearly 20 tries just to barely beat it on the third difficulty setting. Needless to say, my time was also awful and I only got a 1 star reward.

In this Tower I feel like I have a 5/8 chance of getting a decent matchup, 2/8 of having my progress slowed down painfully, and a 1/8 chance of facing a complete nightmare.

The biggest weakness of the Tower is that the fights are timed, and your progress is based on your time. Instead of testing you on just your ability to win the matchup (which Force Masters can do as well as anybody else), you have to slaughter the hyper-intelligent beefed up AI opponents as quickly as possible.

Why are these developers so obsessed with timers? The only thing that should matter here is whether you win or lose. The bots are strong and provide a great challenge and I'd like to have some time to enjoy the fight instead of screaming internally about a ticking clock.

The advantage here goes to Summoners, Destroyers, Time Distortion Warlocks and Assassins who can all burst hard, have lots of cc, and don't need to sacrifice their damage to do long inescapable combos.

Spare a thought for Blade Masters and Blade Dancers, who look like they're having similar problems to us.

I don't know where Kung Fu Masters stand right now. The #1 last I checked (Kamlanaut) was a KFM - but other KFMs don't seem to be doing anywhere near as well. Maybe Kamlanaut's really good at cheesing the bots with Comet Strike?

I got stunned a lot by those npc even though i was blocking...as blademaster ....I dont get whats going on +_+ normally the block works but not in this area...its almost like useless..

On 6/5/2016 at 0:39 PM, Talinoth said:

Unfortunately, FM still doesn't have a lot of the HM skills necessary to blow up the bots in record time. We can't do the Frost Prison -> Chi Bomb combo yet, or the LMB-RMB-3 -> Q/E (dash behind opponent) -> 4 (Shadow Grasp) -> 4 (Multiple Blaze) combo.

Even then, it'll be hard to progress, even in the long term. We can't lock down enemies anywhere near as well now because of the Frost Fury nerf, the bots have nonexistent cooldowns on their major escapes (WHITE LEGENDARY WEAPONS, MY GOD), and in order to spec into our somewhat limited daze/stun abilities we also have to sacrifice a big chunk of our damage.

Force Masters do the most damage in pve because boss monsters don't usually block/deflect/counter 90% of your attacks. The bots however won't just let you stand there and machinegun LMB-RMB-Blazing Beam - that's a really good way to get comboed.

I still make decent progress (Floor 20+ not that big a deal, 606 AP, 230ms ping, made it to Floor 26 but encountered a Summoner) if I play into the right classes (KFM, Warlock, Destroyer, Blade Dancer, even Blade Master isn't that bad) but if I meet Assassins, Force Masters, or Summoners;

- Assassins waste huge amounts of time, but aren't that dangerous most of the time. Takes almost 2 minutes every time to kill them.

- Force Masters also waste large amounts of my time with almost constant uptime on Divine Veil and general slipperiness. They usually can't kill me for the same reasons I have trouble killing them, but it makes me grind my teeth in frustration when I can't land any damage for 15 seconds.

- The Summoner will waste huge amounts of my time or absolutely steamroll me. They're better than real players, have much better stats, and Petal Storm is up 70-80% of the fight. Cat cc is perfectly timed, Sunflower goes straight through Divine Veil, you can't double aerial them or the cat will stop you, you can't kill the cat because it's got something like 300,000 or so hp (FUUUU-), and you can't freeze-lock them consistently because they have two backstep moves.

It's offensive and defensive game are both better than any other bot. When I fought Summoners in the Training Arena and unlocked Difficulty 3 - forget 3 stars, not even 2 stars - it took me nearly 20 tries just to barely beat it on the third difficulty setting. Needless to say, my time was also awful and I only got a 1 star reward.

In this Tower I feel like I have a 5/8 chance of getting a decent matchup, 2/8 of having my progress slowed down painfully, and a 1/8 chance of facing a complete nightmare.

The biggest weakness of the Tower is that the fights are timed, and your progress is based on your time. Instead of testing you on just your ability to win the matchup (which Force Masters can do as well as anybody else), you have to slaughter the hyper-intelligent beefed up AI opponents as quickly as possible.

Why are these developers so obsessed with timers? The only thing that should matter here is whether you win or lose. The bots are strong and provide a great challenge and I'd like to have some time to enjoy the fight instead of screaming internally about a ticking clock.

The advantage here goes to Summoners, Destroyers, Time Distortion Warlocks and Assassins who can all burst hard, have lots of cc, and don't need to sacrifice their damage to do long inescapable combos.

Spare a thought for Blade Masters and Blade Dancers, who look like they're having similar problems to us.

I don't know where Kung Fu Masters stand right now. The #1 last I checked (Kamlanaut) was a KFM - but other KFMs don't seem to be doing anywhere near as well. Maybe Kamlanaut's really good at cheesing the bots with Comet Strike?

I've been experimenting, and burn build would probably work better in actual PVP then in infinity tower because of the constant CD and mass spam of CD. and despite us having the highest damage in game, we can't dish it out as fast as other classes would. Maybe with the upcoming HM skills we would probably do more damage.

Archived