Dark Build Shadow Drain

Shadovvv

For those that take it, do you feel that this is really a must for Dark Build? Like, "absolutely mandatory, can't ever sacrifice" kind?

I personally run Cyclone Sweep for reliable double CC and with Hongmoon Heart Stab I don't miss the chi regeneration from Shadow Drain one bit. I'm just wondering on other's opinions because a lot of people say this is necessary to run Dark Build.

imho yes i think you need it for a dark build if you are unlucky with poison stacking , you end up with 4 with venom slash and venom pierce and landmine and Stealthed X on cooldowns , i use shadow drain to stay in stealth until i can apply that 5th poison stack with rmb/3 ,, hardcasting rmb feels so slow to me
if this made any sense?:D

its better than the kick thats for sure. Use tab-shadow drain to quickly get focus so you can continue if you are out of it. Not essential, but i'd rather be spending more time attacking than CCing. I use sidestep E to dodge and recover focus rather than CC the boss as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2016 at 9:14 PM, Shadovvv said:

For those that take it, do you feel that this is really a must for Dark Build? Like, "absolutely mandatory, can't ever sacrifice" kind?

I personally run Cyclone Sweep for reliable double CC and with Hongmoon Heart Stab I don't miss the chi regeneration from Shadow Drain one bit. I'm just wondering on other's opinions because a lot of people say this is necessary to run Dark Build.

wait cyclone sweep is a double cc? Is it the knock down with 1 point? I currently use shadow drain because with dark build i always run out of focus if my weapon doesn't proc the focus recovery. After the lightning rod focus recovery ends keeping up with LMB+RMB+F runs out of focus too fast. 

• 2 weeks later...

You could probably get away without it, but I run it in dark build because combined with the anti-projectile field and focus/hp regen smoke screen I have near 100% focus uptime without having to stress myself with focus management.

For double kd i usually run landmine and shadow slash.

Archived