Can you get banned?

TooNoob

Can you get banned for AFK-ing a dungeon like not participating in the fight, but in the area? AND THEN, bidding for loot? I tried looking around but didn't know what keywords to search... I'm thinking of submitting a ticket on this person, but just want to make sure it is worth the time..

If its a one off, I wouldn't worry, real life things happen.

But, if someone repeatedly joins a dungeon and does not contribute, I expect NCSoft would take action. When I was GM'ing a long long long long time ago, in a game far, far away, we would have categorised this as harassment and dealt with it accordingly.

If they are going to bid on loot and do sod all to actually help in the dungeon they honestly shouldn't be able to loot at all. These people are toxic. Report them, nothing will probably be done but these people ruin the game and make it less enjoyable.

OH blimey! i didn't know bots can even do dungeon now ! :( our group was so pissed because when he got chased by monster he came to us for help entered the boss, but whole fight he just stoood there. i took many screenshots.. and i thought the only bot i'll ever meet would be those on the faction chat -.- Thanks guys for your input.

EDIT: NCSOFT SHOULD IMPLEMENT THE VOTE KICK OPTION! NOT WHEN THERE IS SOMEONE WHO DISCONNECTS! zz. we were half way in the dungeon when he joined so everyone was reluctant to leave zzz

18 hours ago, Randomonium said:

It's a common practice to report AFKs in dungeons as bots as there is no way to tell the difference and both exhibit toxic behavior.  Botting is a bannable offense.  Do the math.

I do exactly that and even call them a bot, sometimes the player goes i'm not a bot, i'll say well afker and a bot are the same thing. the only thing that makes you worse is you'll bid on loot where as the bot just leaves

Archived