How to remove debuff from Yeti?

Melodia

7 minutes ago, Shelly said:

Idk, in my four mans, assassins don't spec for it. Especially if there's an fm. And sometimes, they're like "opps, I forgot to spec for it" I guess assassins forget too, since it's probably only necessary in yeti right now. 

Sometimes they don't know about it. I mean it's horribly worded and not very well explained in-game and on BnSTree and I've had two Assassins today ask me about it in Vipercap because they saw me using it in there. I dunno, doesn't Enhanced Seed Shroud and Frost Sheath have a better explanation?

On the flip side, I've had one assassin in a former clan say he refused to use it because he expected others to iframe when I was trying to spread awareness of the skill spec.

In Ebondrake Citadel, one of the future dungeons ahead, you will see Assassins/Summoners use their Stealth Protection spec no matter what. It is required to clear a mechanic for the final boss, and without it he will never die. No ifs or buts, its a mandatory skill in that dungeon.

23 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Sometimes they don't know about it. I mean it's horribly worded and not very well explained in-game and on BnSTree and I've had two Assassins today ask me about it in Vipercap because they saw me using it in there. I dunno, doesn't Enhanced Seed Shroud and Frost Sheath have a better explanation?

On the flip side, I've had one assassin in a former clan say he refused to use it because he expected others to iframe when I was trying to spread awareness of the skill spec.

In Ebondrake Citadel, one of the future dungeons ahead, you will see Assassins/Summoners use their Stealth Protection spec no matter what. It is required to clear a mechanic for the final boss, and without it he will never die. No ifs or buts, its a mandatory skill in that dungeon.

What. He will never die? It's just an single use iframe move. Couldn't everyone in the party just iframe themselves once. Unless you need stealth???

I don't know if ours is a better explanation. I think some fm's think the party frost works even if you are frozen. I've had some fm's freeze after 3 crux. So maybe theirs is badly worded too. Summoners party seed shroud says resist damage and status effects for 1 second for party. I mean how badly worded can something be when all it does it iframe the whole party. 

Now summoners petal storm is badly worded. It says resist damage and status effects on chi-recovering member. But it doesn't say that the buff lasts forever on the member. Everyone thought it mean for as long as petal storms is there (which is 10 seconds) ughh. But it is forever, unless you're using another guard skill (destroyer's shield or cat guard) in that case, you don't get the buff on you. blahhh. 

I wonder when ncsoft will finish and incorporate their better translation. 

I kind of agree with "expect others to iframe you", simply because you can't take out the ice by yourself before he sucks it up and if the party members aren't willing to iframe you, they should be taking ice. But they don't, because they can iframe by themselves and don't realize that other party members can't do it all. 

32 minutes ago, Shelly said:

What. He will never die? It's just an single use iframe move. Couldn't everyone in the party just iframe themselves once. Unless you need stealth???

It's not everyone iframe the attack, the whole party needs to be hidden by stealth.

Zakan, the boss, marks the person furthest from him and then shoots an aoe yellow projectile at them; Decoy/Dandelion has to be used here, while everyone else has to stop attacking to avoid removing stealth, and the marked person has to avoid the aoe or remove stealth immediately. He then shoots four projectiles at random people but only target people that are visible; only the marked person needs to be attacked by all four projectiles to give the party a damage buff, and immunity to his field-wide one shot aoe that comes after.

Afterwards Zakan will at some point force grab the furthest person from him and steal their buff. This gives Zakan a damage buff, but hurts himself for 3 million HP once it expires. He has 40 million HP and he will never die without this buff.

32 minutes ago, Shelly said:

I kind of agree with "expect others to iframe you", simply because you can't take out the ice by yourself before he sucks it up and if the party members aren't willing to iframe you, they should be taking ice. But they don't, because they can iframe by themselves and don't realize that other party members can't do it all. 

IMHO I'm not a fan of the mentality of expecting Frost Sheath, as its is no different than expecting to be carried across the 7/8 waves and carries don't teach you anything. That doesn't mean forego party iframes, however, since it does cover up someone's failure and not everyone can perfectly iframe due to inexperience or lag, and it's much more efficient to minimize risks as much as possible if the situation allows it.

10 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

It's not everyone iframe the attack, the whole party needs to be hidden by stealth.

Zakan, the boss, marks the person furthest from him and then shoots an aoe yellow projectile at them; Decoy/Dandelion has to be used here, while everyone else has to stop attacking to avoid removing stealth, and the marked person has to avoid the aoe or remove stealth immediately. He then shoots four projectiles at random people but only target people that are visible; only the marked person needs to be attacked by all four projectiles to give the party a damage buff, and immunity to his field-wide one shot aoe that comes after.

Afterwards Zakan will at some point force grab the furthest person from him and steal their buff. This gives Zakan a damage buff, but hurts himself for 3 million HP once it expires. He has 40 million HP and he will never die without this buff.

IMHO I'm not a fan of the mentality of expecting Frost Sheath, as its is no different than expecting to be carried across the 7/8 waves. That doesn't mean forego party iframes, however, since it does cover up someone's failure and not everyone can perfectly iframe due to inexperience or lag, and it's much more efficient to minimize risks as much as possible if the situation allows it.

That kind of sucks on how you actually need specific classes in dungeons now. And they actually have to be smart. 

And I honestly can't iframe 4 man necro 6 slams. His Aoe's lag me... everything freezes. And I've heard of people lagging to sogun lament's fireballs. I love learning bossing mechanics, but these new dungeons are honestly going to suck due to pure lag. 

And I'm not a fan either, but I've had a lot of parties in 4 man yeti where people don't take ice and expect the fm to do it and then the fm doesn't do it, but only I was taking ice as a back-up, so I couldn't get it down to 5 fast enough. And then blame gets passed around. And I'm like. everything would have been fine. If everyone just grabbed an orb, threw it, and just sit in ice. I don't understand why people feel the need to dps. We are very far from the enrage timer. e-e

Even WITH at least one FM in party, I'm not taking chances anymore: as soon as Yeti does that red AOE that causes ice to drop and form the 8 ice pools, I ALWAYS head straight to mushrooms ASAP to throw their fire at the pools. It's not a class-specific strategy, so pretty much anyone without boss aggro can do it. Besides, I find heading to pools yourself to be dangerously slower if too few people do that and almost none bother with the ice pools AT ALL in my experience. I've been in PUGs often enough to realize that people worring more about DPS than getting rid of the pools is the main cause of wipes. That and the occasional getting grabbed by accident, when the 'not getting grabbed' approach is more efficient if people can stun (or even daze) fast enough without any grabs/aerials/snares whatsoever.

Only case where to keep DPSing after pools appear is actually called for is if Yeti is at less than 10% and you can DPS it to death before entire party is frozen. Other than that, though, 'wasting' a little over 10 seconds to remove pools are potentially less harmful than risking wasting the entire fight by wiping post-jump and thus causing to wipe via enrage timer anyway. Really, most Yeti failures fall squarely on the fact on at least one person screwing up with the mechanics rather than the trite AP argument.

On 5/29/2016 at 10:53 PM, Shadovvv said:

Ohhh, I have a question about that. I mean, how does assassin stealth decoy protection work? 

So far, I've only seen one assassin do it when I was on my fm.. really saved me when I messed up my Iframe and got frozen. Had no db too since someone started even before I was able to grab one. (I joined an already going party)

I seen post/ faction chats talking about decoys but I really don't get it... like not sure how it works or which it is. I stare at the only skill that's "decoy" and reading it but I can't tell if the translation is faulty or I'm just really really bad at reading/understanding it. I assume it's the middle one since it's the only one I see with party protection but I could be wrong too-- YwY

23 hours ago, HungryTaro said:

Ohhh, I have a question about that. I mean, how does assassin stealth decoy protection work?
So far, I've only seen one assassin do it when I was on my fm.. really saved me when I messed up my Iframe and got frozen. Had no db too since someone started even before I was able to grab one. (I joined an already going party)

I seen post/ faction chats talking about decoys but I really don't get it... like not sure how it works or which it is. I stare at the only skill that's "decoy" and reading it but I can't tell if the translation is faulty or I'm just really really bad at reading/understanding it. I assume it's the middle one since it's the only one I see with party protection but I could be wrong too-- YwY

Decoy Middle Tree, on cast, gives everyone except the caster a 1.5 window that iframes and stealths on taking a hit. Because the caster doesn't get the iframe and it functions like a normal Decoy for them (counter yellow attacks only), they have to use Q, E, SS, whatever  to break their Decoy animation and self iframe. In addition to getting Conspicuous debuff (prevents Stealth Protection from taking effect again) your character flashes orange briefly when its being cast, but its a rather subtle indicator so you won't really notice it in effect all much. In short, it's just a normal Block/Parry/Counter command with Enhanced Dandelion/Frost Sheath/Winged Protector/Maelstrom party non-self iframe tagged on.

The wording is pretty faulty. BnSTree says it protects the user themselves when it actually doesn't, and both BnSTree or in-game explanation of Stealth Protection says iframe only occurs during stealth when it actually happens while under protection (which is what Summoner's Enhanced Dandelion Stealth Protection explanation says. That being said I've never actually tested if it happens during stealth though, but probably not).

Archived