Computer help please

5 minutes ago, KzE said:

And you can guarantee this will not change in next 5 years? Because we talk about 100 bucks in 5 year run.

nope and you can do it neither.
People says that HT, 6, 8 Cores will be better then standart 4 cores since they are out and still 4 cores > other in gaming.

i will change my opinion about HT and more then 4 cores if someone will show me something that proofes that they realy will have an advantages and not only based on the higher clock speed.

11 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

nope and you can do it neither.
People says that HT, 6, 8 Cores will be better then standart 4 cores since they are out and still 4 cores > other in gaming.

i will change my opinion about HT and more then 4 cores if someone will show me something that proofes that they realy will have an advantages and not only based on the higher clock speed.

bf3.gif

dx12_cpu_ashes_of_the_singularity_beta_2

Tbh I have to agree with i7 being overkill for an average gamer,even if we think ahead a few years,i 5 is good enough.

Also comes down to personal taste/needs,personally I don't care about this whole hype thats going around in the past years and now about 60-120 fps gaming.

For me a stable 40 fps is more than enough and it does not bother me,when I started playing games such thing did not exist,we just played games and as long as we couldn't see obvious stuttering it was fine and it still is for me.

I understand it somehow when it comes to competetive playing,mainly fps games but for your average mmo and single player games,for what.

The thing is that even a Haswell/Skylake I 3 is enough for a casual gamer even for the current games,paired with a decent system in general.

Official game reqs also mean nothing for the most part,its almost always the case that I'm running games alot better than I should have if the reqs were real.

Well obviously you can ignore all that if you live in a rich country and spending all that extra on a i 7 +latest GPU means nothing there:P

Seems to be the case for some ppls,they just buy whatever is expensive cause why not.

Edit:Did the testing on my bro's pc.Settings used were the exact same as mine,except the resolution since 1080P is the max for my monitor.

His system:

Intel Xeon 5650 6Core+6HT Oced to a stable 4GHZ.

X2 7950 AMD cards 'thought they were 7970 but then nope:P'

Crossfire doesn't seem to work in this game so we had to disable one of the cards,otherwise it was causing performance issues.Will try later with a diff driver for crossfire,to see if it works.

12Gb DDR 3

2560x1080 display resolution

lvwtfMR.jpg?1

Grand Harvest with the same settings just ctrl+F was used:

Xv4qlwm.jpg?1

My system:

I 3 4160 Cpu at hard locked 3.6GHZ,2+2 core with HT

Gigabyte GTX 950 Xtreme

8GB DDR 3

1980x1080 Display Resolution

nSf0cPp.jpg?1

Can't post a Harvest pic with mine since theres no harvest going on right now but on my system I just have to enable Combat optimized under settings and then I pretty much get the same FPS as his pc.

I always use ctrl+f at such events as Harvest/BW/Terrors cause I prefer to see boss attacks.

So in general his pc is handling the game a bit better but nothing serious,they both playable at normal places and they both drop fps badly @Harvest thanks to the bad optimization and the dated engine.

The game seems to be maxing out at ~4 cores under full load and its not even stable as it keeps fluctuating between the cores.

BTW I never tried any kind of so called 'fixes' for my Nvidia cause I don't feel the need of it,maybe I could push more out of my system to be closer to his but it just doesn't matter to me.

Game is more than playable and about Harvest,well I can deal with it once a day even like this.

Sorry for the long post and posting it here but I'm the kind of person who likes to clear things up and not just say whatever or copy paste stuff from some site.

Archived