Computer help please

Hello everyone, right now I am playing this game on an old laptop and I can only get 5-30 fps on lowest settings which is a shame because this game looks amazing on highest settings. I am in the process of building a new pc basically just to play this game at max settings and need some help /advice please. I see streams from players that play on max settings at perfect 120 fps at all times and this is my goal.

I have done a lot of research on the matter and understand that the game faces optimization problems so fps drops are inevitable, I am fine with certain dips to my fps on my new machine as long as its reasonable and doesn't impact my gameplay. Right now I am barely able to enjoy this amazing game and really need a pc that can handle it.

What I am worried about is I have read a lot of stories of people with absolutely amazing (newer) computer setups running this game at 10-45 fps when their machines should be able to play this game absolutely flawlessly with no problems.

Anyways if anyone plays this game at consistent 60 fps (or 120 fps depending on monitor) please share your set up and help me build a new pc. I would really appreciate any help advice and thanks to all that respond in advance :).

Ideally a quick response such as:

"Run this game at consistent 60/120 fps:

cpu: ___________

gpu: ___________

motherboard: ____________

ram: ______________

hard drive/ssd: ___________

case: _____________

power supply: __________ "

Really would appreciate as much detail as possible so I would be able to replicate a similar set up thanks again. Also forgot to mention my budget is not really an issue ideally I am looking to minimize my cost but if spending a bit more ensures optimal performance when playing this game that is my biggest concern and I am willing to spend extra as I ultimately just want to be able to enjoy this game at max settings with consistent fps at all times (within reason).

cpu: ___________  somethink like the  i7-6820HQ ( quad core 8 threads)

gpu: ___________ GF 980 or radeon fury

motherboard: ____________ any thing supporting 40 pci express lanes should be ok, just checks the specs ( and with support for the cpu)

ram: ______________ at least 8 GB ( but the game usually doesn't go over 3.6G )

hard drive/ssd: ___________ anything really, if you want something like top of the line samsung 850 evo ( or whatever is  the name) is great

case: _____________ your choice, as long as it can get the heat out is ok

power supply: __________  i's say to go for a 1000W PSU

but even those specs will not make the game run as it should, at least from reading the forum.

if you chose nv there is some ways to use the bns  kr profiles as a template for NE/EU bns  for the nv driver

as for radeon i dont know if there is any problem, most of what i read in the forum is for Nv , but already saw some streamer  specs in twitch using radeons.

good luck

PS all the gear is the latest, i didnt bother to check older products

26 minutes ago, Tsumetai said:

Any 3GHz Pentium/EVGA GeForce GTX 750 + 8GB of RAM will do for this game

to play at 120 fps ?  on what i suppose he wants more than 1080p i dont think a 750 can do that

as written in .... (google it)

The 3D performance lies between the Radeon R7 260X and R7 265X from AMD or between the GTX 750 and GTX 660 from Nvidia. In our tests, the 750 Ti was not able to achieve playable framerates in demanding games and highest settings in 1920x1080 (see benchmarks below).

ps:

i dont think the OP wants a budget pc asking for 120 fps

18 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

to play at 120 fps ?  on what i suppose he wants more than 1080p i dont think a 750 can do that

as written in .... (google it)

The 3D performance lies between the Radeon R7 260X and R7 265X from AMD or between the GTX 750 and GTX 660 from Nvidia. In our tests, the 750 Ti was not able to achieve playable framerates in demanding games and highest settings in 1920x1080 (see benchmarks below).

He's NEVER going to play this game at 120 FPS, he may achieve better performance by using a cheap 80 GB SSD. And instead of the Radeon use a GeForce. Game is Directx9 4+years old

Of course, if he can burn money then go for this build 

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mainstream-enthusiast-pc-build,4056.html

5 minutes ago, Tsumetai said:

He's NEVER going to play this game at 120 FPS, he may achieve better performance by using a cheap 80 GB SSD. And instead of the Radeon use a GeForce. Game is Directx9 4+years old

and as i wrote in my first post:

>but even those specs will not make the game run as it should, at least from reading the forum.

>if you chose nv there is some ways to use the bns  kr profiles as a template for NE/EU bns  for the nv driver

those do seem to help a lot in NVIDIA's

i just gave him the best i could remember from my head

Thanks for the feedback. Still not fully sure what build to go for. I am not exactly looking for a budget build just want to be able to run this game the best possible (taking into account poor optimization). Though at the same time anywhere I  can save money I am all for it. I would be fine with running the game at a consistent 60 fps doesn't have to be 120 fps, but if possible it would be nice to run the game at 120 fps.

I see a lot of streamers playing this game at near perfect 60fps (or 120 fps) and that's all I want if I can do it with a budget pc that would be great if I have to pay a bit more that isn't a problem I just need a list of parts to try and build a comparable pc. Thanks

GTX 1080 was announced recently and will be available on 27th May, hold out until that or 10th June for the GTX 1070, I'm not saying that you can play B&S on max settings on these cards coz they're not in the market yet so no benchmark whatsoever.

Just to point that these 2 cards blows even the Titan X out of the water not to mention half the price and it will definitely lasts you 3-5 years or possibly more, worth to invest on for the future if you ever gets tired of B&S or NCSoft suddenly decides to kill it off.

Anything  i5 or over for a processor.

AMD R9 for graphics.

SSD storage.

Anything 8GB DDR3L/DDR4

To hell with nvida and their shit driver issues. They aren't worth the hassle, I've spent almost 2hrs writing over driver code on notepad to get an nvida driver to recognize its respective hardware because the system's storage was wiped. This is also a common problem with other nvida hardware when driver updates are made or reinstalled. The system with the driver problem that I've fixed, I had to disable automatic updates for nvidia drivers so I dont have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the same problem. Nvidia is a piece of shit when it comes to their drivers. Dont waste your time or money.

As for the titan X, the card itself alone is worthless unless you're willing to spend extra to access all of its behemoth power. I've built a rig around it and I can tell you a normal set up will not squeeze the full 12gb of graphics that you already paid a good amount up front for. Also you're going to spend even more trying to cool this thing down IF you manage to access its full power.
TL;DR : The titan has exorbitant hidden costs plus other hidden costs to even access the full power which u the customer paid for.

Click Me

^ Link to pc part picker. This site will help you pick out parts and make sure they will fit in the case you select and are compatible with one another. This site will also estimate your power usage based on the parts you select allowing you to pick the correct psu for your system. 

Getting the best is not going to significantly increase your performance in this game.

I would suggest getting the cpu with the best single core performance. (Intel)

I would suggest getting a psu around 20 - 25% more than what is suggested on sight to allow room for upgrades later. (seasonic)

I would suggest a ssd.

I would suggest 16Gb of ram, though 8Gb would work out fine.

I have a Asus Nvdia 970 and I play at 120 fps when in open world questing. 90 fps in dungeons such as yeti. 30 fps at Baylee and 45 with characters off at Baylee. At Blackwyrm I have around 40 fps and around 50 fps with characters off. You could try a 980, but I do not think there would enough improvement to even come close to justifying the more than doubled price.

If you are ultra serious about improving fps, I have heard that the older type "square" monitor screens (smaller are slightly better) dramatically improve performance as they are what this game was designed to be played on. Now I do not mean go out and get some old monitor off your moms windows 98 pc, what I mean is get a new one that is square screen instead of rectangular. Something similar to this. Though I honestly would not go this far, you could find something used and see if that gave the performance you desire. 

CPU: i5-6600
Motherboard: gigabyte ga-b150-hd3p

RAM: Crucial 2133 MHz 16GB DDR4
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 (will be out on 27th May)
SSD:  Samsung SSD 850 Pro (256 GB)
Case: anythink you like, but have in mind it should be 15 cm deep for minimum.
Power Supply: Golden Flower Golden Green 550W 80+ Gold
Fan: Thermalright True Spirit 120M BW Rev. A

That should be one of the best setups for nearly every game.

12 hours ago, Dotimus said:

cpu: ___________   i7

gpu: ___________ GTX 980

motherboard: ____________Asus that supports i7

ram: ______________16Gb

hard drive/ssd: ___________ Any SSDx2 or 4!

case: _____________ Antec Gaming

power supply: __________  1000W PSU

About the 120FPS lol, you do know, that your eye cannot see that :D If you have these parts, then you wont have any problems.(my build is a bit like this and if i turn off Vsync, then my FPS is more than that.)

STAY AWAY FROM AMD CPU and GPU!

You forgot cpu cooler. I would say go with something Liquid cooling. Thats what i use and my cpu is always under 52c and my GPU is around 46c :P. Outside the game those numbers change to CPU 36c GPU 33/35c.

My MB stays at 30c ingame and outside any game its under 27c.

I really wonder whats the difference between 60 fps and 120 fps, do your eyes even notice it ?

Anyway, I'm a college student so my build is good for its price (constant 60 fps in high/max setting unless in crowded in area)

CPU i3 6100

GPU GTX 950

Mobo z170 lga-pro

RAM 8gb DDR4

HHD 1tb SSD 240gb

Case Corsair carbide spec 02

PSU 650w (for future update if i ever want one)

9 minutes ago, Duh Harro said:

I really wonder whats the difference between 60 fps and 120 fps, do your eyes even notice it ?

Anyway, I'm a college student so my build is good for its price (constant 60 fps in high/max setting unless in crowded in area)

CPU i3 6100

GPU GTX 950

Mobo z170 lga-pro

RAM 8gb DDR4

HHD 1tb SSD 240gb

Case Corsair carbide spec 02

PSU 650w (for future update if i ever want one)

You can notice it, even if you dont have 120/144hz monitor.

Btw you dont need a z170 mobo for a CPU, what have locked multiplier. Z170 mobos are for K series cpu. 650W psu is overkill for single GPU pc configuration.

15 hours ago, Incognito said:

"Run this game at consistent 60/120 fps:

cpu: ___________

gpu: ___________

motherboard: ____________

ram: ______________

hard drive/ssd: ___________

case: _____________

power supply: __________ "

cpu : i7-6700 + cooler from noctua or thermalright

gpu : evga gtx 1080 (will be released this month)

mobo : msi b150 mortal or night elf

ram : ddr4 2x8gb with low CL and higher Mhz, like hyper x savage

ssd : 240gb hyper x / sandisk ... something with high warranty

hdd : wd black 2tb (or 4tb)

case : fractal design, corsair, nanoxia, lian li ... its your preference what design you like

psu : super flower 550w gold

i doubt you could get smoothless 60 FPS++ all the time in blade and soul because this game at certain point are badly optimized, mostly when many player gathered on small area.

as for the system requirement follow https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/205500389-System-Requirements as that is the system the game were intended and designed to be played on.

as for personal system requirement , because i don't know the area you are from, i make it more broad suggestion. you don't need to consider motherboard,ram, casing and psu because they didn't impact gaming performance, just buy the one available near you. reasoning for that is not all item we suggested will be available for you/ in your area. either you wait for it or they simply does not stock it.

as for CPU go for the $ 200 range either from Inter or AMD as blade and soul is NOT CPU intense, your CPU usage will hovering in 20%-30% range all the time. reasoning for the $ 200 range is because its the sweet spot for your price/ performance, you wont be able to notice the difference if you spend more than that but its not hurt if you want to play future game, spend more for it

as the GPU im using Nvidia GTX 780 TI, pretty good graphic card i say, im able to play most game smoothly on max setting, even with it i still get lag at some point in blade and soul, as i stated earlier the game simply badly optimized. just buy the best GPU your budget can get, that is all.

The game FPS do fluctuate a lot, i am playing at constant 100-120 FPS - for as long as there aren´t more than a few characters on screen. 

The GFX matters only if you plan on using Supersampling to replace the terrible AA option the game offers itself. Using that i am at roundabout 60-90 FPS with my setup. Otherwise, a GTX 950 is all you ever want with this game.

Blade and Soul DOES demand a fast CPU, however you will not need more than 4 cores to max it out. The best performance - as with all games which aren´t well optimized - delivers the Broadwell i7-5775C due to its monstrous 128MB L4 Cache. Second best option would be a Skylake with high bandwith memory attached (which overclocks much easier). I am switching to that currently, keeping my setup from back in 2009 below as a secondary machine, waiting for games to take advantage of its six cores after all the years.  :*(

"

Run this game at "consistent" 60+ fps:

cpu: ___________Xeon I7 X5650 @ 4,2 GHZ (6-Core HT)

gpu: ___________GTX 970 Phantom (Core +110, Mem +200)

motherboard: ____________Gigabyte X58a UD5 (Rev 1)

ram: ______________12 GB Corsair XMS (@CR 1)

hard drive/ssd: ___________Intel 320series SSD/WD Velocyraptor/random Storage HDD

case: _____________(shiny case always makes the system faster: Zalman ZMachine LQ1000, watercooling modded)

power supply: __________ Corsair AX750

"

40 minutes ago, Rinis said:

blade and soul is NOT CPU intense

Uhm no,if  anything then this game is mainly heavy on the cpu,single thread performance being important.

I'm running this game with a budget system: I 3-4160/gtx 950 xtreme/8gb ddr 3 .As long as there aint too many ppls it runs the game good enough on high/custom settings.

Only issue being Harvest/BW with  tons of ppls then I just ctrl+F and enable combat optimized mode during those 'events'.

Question to the Op:

Could you link or name some of those streamers you mentioned?Cause I would like to check them out as I have  hard time beliving that they run this game on 120 fps stable or 60 even.By that I mean no ctrl+f and no combat optimized mode.

I realy wonder why there are so many guys who would give i an i7.

This Game will use 2 Cores (Thanks Uneal 3 Engine) and u will give him 4 Cores WITH Hyperthreading? For what? Also other games wont use Hyperthreading, so why did i see so many i7s in this thread?

3 hours ago, Sithaer said:

I'm running this game with a budget system: I 3-4160/gtx 950

Intel Core i3 4160 is 2 core http://ark.intel.com/products/77480/Intel-Core-i3-4130-Processor-3M-Cache-3_40-GHz, your CPU barely meet the recommendation, it only meet the minimum system requirement. here what happens with AMD FX-8350  http://postimg.org/image/ldx5yeha9/ barely meet 30%, even with blade and soul on full load like BW, Harvest or SSP it barely move because the CPU can easily handle them, temperature around 41c all the time.

my GPU usage are entirely different story.

2 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

This Game will use 2 Cores (Thanks Uneal 3 Engine) and u will give him 4 Cores WITH Hyperthreading? For what? Also other games wont use Hyperthreading, so why did i see so many i7s in this thread?

in part because the OS does not run only the game, as everyone knows this game IS CPU dependent, so the lesser context switches on each core the better.

3 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

Because ppl buy PC for present and future, not for past. New DX12 titles will utilise all your PC power, and i dont think, OP will play only BnS in next 5 years.

25 minutes ago, KzE said:

Because ppl buy PC for present and future, not for past. New DX12 titles will utilise all your PC power, and i dont think, OP will play only BnS in next 5 years.

All what i found right now about DX12 and Hyperthreading was, that an i7 (4cores/4HT) has an 10-15% advantages to an i5 (4cores). Maybe the half of that cause of the higher clock speed.

So i stillt didnt see why a i7 is over a skylake i5.

2 hours ago, Rinis said:

Intel Core i3 4160 is 2 core http://ark.intel.com/products/77480/Intel-Core-i3-4130-Processor-3M-Cache-3_40-GHz, your CPU barely meet the recommendation, it only meet the minimum system requirement. here what happens with AMD FX-8350  http://postimg.org/image/ldx5yeha9/ barely meet 30%, even with blade and soul on full load like BW, Harvest or SSP it barely move because the CPU can easily handle them, temperature around 41c all the time.

my GPU usage are entirely different story.

And that means nothing in this game just saying,game wont use all those cores.

If you really trust those official reqs that are posted about games then idk what to say,they are pretty much never accurate and often way overkill.

Quite often the haswell/skylake i 3 cpus are beating on 6 core AMDs in many games,now I'm not hating on AMD cause thats what I had for like 10+ years but this is how it is.No point in getting a cpu with 8 cores when most games still refuses to properly utilize more than ~4 and has worse single thread performance. 'this is what needed for most mmos'

Btw its 2+2 core when HT is working and from my experience it does with most game,sure its not 4 physical but its still a lot faster than a pure 2 core cpu.

Also if you really want to check your system load in Bns try something like Msi Afterburner.

Either way I'm gonna install the game on my bro's pc which has a xeon cpu '6+6core' oced to 4Ghz paired with x2 7970 cards and see how it works there just out of curiosity.

3 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

All what i found right now about DX12 and Hyperthreading was, that an i7 (4cores/4HT) has an 10-15% advantages to an i5 (4cores). Maybe the half of that cause of the higher clock speed.

So i stillt didnt see why a i7 is over a skylake i5.

And you can guarantee this will not change in next 5 years? Because we talk about 100 bucks in 5 year run.

Archived