Viability of 2 Warlocks?

Pumpkin

Hello everyone,

So, I don't want to come across as someone who is bashing a classes ability - however I've seen several people put down Warlock as lacking sustainable DPS and say its only good for burst and Soulburn. Therefore, presumably you wouldn't want too many in a group?

I personally like the class and have been Playing them for varying times since its release (due to the aspect of me currently maining Summoner)

Recently however, I contemplated switching to Warlock as a 'main' however, my brother also plays Warlock and we tend to group/farm/do dailies together which leads me to my question:

Are 2 Warlocks in 1 group a viable choice? Or would that hinder DPS/Instance efficiency?  - In both Endgame now and the new patch coming next week.

Thank you in advance for your replies :)

Just now, VaneQuish said:

2 Warlocks is great because it helps keep up Target debuff at all times which in turn increases each of your DPS. You can also use Time Distortion while the other uses Soulburn or even having 2 Soulburns one after the other after the first global CD is down. People who say Warlock has bad sustain DPS are just bad. Are DPS is extremely good but only under certain conditions. Good ping and HM Dragoncall book.

Oh I had no idea Time Distortion and Soulburn stacked, thank you for your reply though :D
Off I go to hunt the HM Book :D

16 minutes ago, Pumpkin said:

Hello everyone,

So, I don't want to come across as someone who is bashing a classes ability - however I've seen several people put down Warlock as lacking sustainable DPS and say its only good for burst and Soulburn. Therefore, presumably you wouldn't want too many in a group?

I personally like the class and have been Playing them for varying times since its release (due to the aspect of me currently maining Summoner)

Recently however, I contemplated switching to Warlock as a 'main' however, my brother also plays Warlock and we tend to group/farm/do dailies together which leads me to my question:

Are 2 Warlocks in 1 group a viable choice? Or would that hinder DPS/Instance efficiency?  - In both Endgame now and the new patch coming next week.

Thank you in advance for your replies :)

2 Warlocks is great because it helps keep up Target debuff at all times which in turn increases each of your DPS. You can also use Time Distortion while the other uses Soulburn or even having 2 Soulburns one after the other after the first global CD is down. People who say Warlock has bad sustain DPS are just bad. Are DPS is extremely good but only under certain conditions. Good ping and HM Dragoncall book.

my friend I play with alot is also a warlock and it's fine, i don't have a problem sustaining DPS and when im pulling aggro off other classes with higher AP I lol. 

Dragoncall HM book is important yes. 

enjoy, 

2 warlocks can be very good but please, try to coordinate properly.

I remember when i lost in the 2nd boss of Lair Of The Frozen Fang because the timer run out, the boss enraged and wiped the party (it was a random party, not those with  all 500+ AP). Anyway, 2 of the party wanted to leave but we convinced them to stay and try once more. However, instead of rushing i had a small talk with the other warlock because we just assumed that the other would use SB and we both used Time Distortion instead... gg.

Anyway, next try he said he was going to use SB at the start so i moved right next to him and as soon as i saw his thrall starting to use SB i summoned mine to use Time Distortion. We did not only killed the boss, but we did it with 1 min 30 sec left on the timer which is a huge difference  to being wiped from timer run out.

For some people is just common sense or they just use SB, but at least, for me, from that day on, if im using my warlock and see another warlock in party i always ask him which skill is using and when he is using it.

Also, both warlocks with SB is better for longer fights and SB+TD is better for bosses with lower HP (as long as the warlocks have decent AP)

On 22. 4. 2016 at 6:36 PM, Layla1 said:

With two Warlocks you can have Soulburn every one minute, instead of every two minutes, so yes it is viable.

However, IMO WL is the most boring PvE class, just a fair warning. 

imo FM is most boring PVE class... im glad that i rerolled... WL has way more complex mechanics, and is way more fun, after 3000000000000000x lmb rmb 2 on FM, i was going totally braindead, doesnt happen with my WL for two months at all

cant judge summoners, never tried

oh and i would add that also HM soul shackles is quite important, make especially dark build rotations way more fluid (stage 4 on bosses dope)

Checked your earlier comments, you are the guy that said Helix sucks because of its ugly animation. lol

Anyway you are clueless and have no idea what you are talking about. With books, gear and right spec you never let go your RMB and Dragoncall doesn't stop firing and is never on CD, at times fires 3 times a sec. 

You call warlocks support and melee that cant even hit the target half of the time and just runs around the field after a chicken sustainable DPS.  Please stop posting.

Well i find it have better synergy then duo of other classes. Mostly for longer mark to make spaming bombardment easier.

While SB doesn't stack it have long CD and debuff which other WL can use to time 2nd one just like two KFMs.

But didn't think about extended period of spam with 2x time distortion.

Actually it is not true once a soulburn was activated the 2nd WL in the team can not trigger his own at the end of the first soulburn buffing period.  I tried (maybe the skills are not working properly); however it does not work.  And just for the record it is not really all that easy to play the WL, this is the weakest, slowest most fragile class there is.   ITS hard to survive especially when solo!

Archived