Block...

Thanks

I must admit that I am so spoiled with BM and WL's blocks; they are on short cool down and are wonderful defensive skills.  I am also very used to Ass'es Decoy as well.  All of these defensive skills can negate multi-attacks at once. 

Now I am leveling a FM and I am having problem with enemies shooting or charging at me.  I know I am only level 28 and have only SS at my disposal but I am eager to know: what tool(s) a FM has to replace block?  What sort of strategies or techniques to use when you are being shot at or charged at by (multiple) foes?

Many thanks!

theres q/e with the ss.

ice tab - freeze yourself and heals

fire tab- if you spec it can block/parry?

ice v - if spece'ed party freeze

divine veil - blocks range attacks / heals/ reduce damage taken.

impact - if specced blocked ranged attacks. (also i believe the new hm skill can counter melees now)

force grab - you can grab one at a time and throw them away or spec if for aoe grab. which i like to do when im killing bunch of mobs

you can also spec [2] so it can daze and combo that with fire tab to launch targets in air. if you need to get away from mobs. but this is more pvp combo.

Thats the thing as FM: You have no defense. You pretty much shit on Ranged classes but Melee classes are a pain. You have to play a kiting class. Keep the enemy chilled all day and dont let them dash at you. Some classes can ignore Chill with some of their skills, so you need to utilize your Q/E/SS, Frost Armor, Frost Sheath to avoid being caught off. I dont recommend playing FM in PvP for newbies because it is by far the hardest class once you reach high gold and above.

-Ra9eQuit

I have problem dealing with multiple foes, some melee some ranged, in tight spaces; for example like the Bogkon Hideout dungeon.  I am always within range of either one or all of them and not much space to kite around.

How best to handle such situation? 

Currently at lvl 24 with my FM and the first thing I did is to spec Frost Fury to heal. Not the most reliable heal from a skill out there, but it's the earliest one FM gets. As long as you invest into a high crit rate, it should help keep you alive. What also helps is speccing SS for shorter cooldown and greater move distance.

Otherwise, there aren't many tools FMs can use at such low to mid-lvls besides freezing or Frost Prison to thin out the amount of mobs you deal with at a time. Really, it seems that the lvl 30-36 range is when you get more healing, resist and kiting skills.

• 3 weeks later...

This is rarely mentioned. But Fire Storm(tab) on middle path spec 3 points will give you parry for like 1sec, with 18sec cd. This what I spec if I am soloing Slashimi or when running with summ/KFM/sin or when BM/WL can't time their block skill right.

But early in game, the most reliable one will be veil.

kite the mobs in circle. Basically as a FM almost all of your skills are instant so what you do is the mob is the center and run/jump around them in circle/square/trinagle while facing them and hitting them.  Move out of red  circles. You will need to learn this because in high level area this is what FM do. Otherwise you will get kill.

If they charge at you SS if you are lvl 33 or 34 spec into DV for range. Q and E. I have kited boss in blackram and some lvl 50 blues. But yea is a skill all FM must have.

Remember is not all not getting hit while kitting, is about kill the mobs before you run out of hp so is ok to get hit once a while.

Always start with slow think it's RMB then spam fire, do a lot of circle kite.

I didnt have problems, maybe because i didnt expect any defense on melee range. I was more thinking of nuke my way through levels and i think thats why i didnt have problems.

Grab skill is Very helpful, grap that crap mob and throw it away :) Lots of fun, then boom their pants off.

Archived