No animations in Arena

Synthesia

On 3/30/2016 at 4:28 PM, Nqweqweqew said:

It's only happening to people who had their sfx for other players set @1, we shouldnt have to reinstall the entire game just to fix one bug..

That is not the case. I just tested it, and no matter what custom configuration I could not see skills.

However, using the "apply to all" feature fixed the bug. Changing sliders into a custom configuration broke it once more.

10 minutes ago, Hire De Lune said:

That is not the case. I just tested it, and no matter what custom configuration I could not see skills.

However, using the "apply to all" feature fixed the bug. Changing sliders into a custom configuration broke it once more.

Hopefully they read this info that you posted. No wonder I could see when I placed mine all at max but once I edited it,  I couldn't see peoples effect animations. So I think this is the actual problem so hopefully they read this and fix it. 

finally a topic with others without skill particles, do you guys got the bug using low-end pc option or do you just have no skills since march 23rd? (i usually use low-end pc and ctrl+f so I can't really tell since when can't see others skill :\ ) I still have to understant if it's that option that bugs the particles or just a side effect of it just "put all down to 1"

really really hoping they fix this wednesdey, arena vs locks, summs and fm and i really don't know what is hitting me :(

edit: just found a fast temporary way to resolve, just put all to 5 using the "apply to all" bar

apply

deselect "apply to all" and now let it stay at 5 while customizing all the others option, i have all set to 1 but apply to all still on 5 but i can see the skill particles =)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I don't get it -- why do people consider it a bug?   If you tell the game to use minimal settings for something, and it reduces the graphical complexity, isn't that a designed feature?   Note -- the particle-physics -- those are side-effects of the other features  and are usually among the most difficult to do.  Ideally, you have a medium to higher end graphics card that supports physics acceleration -- but since it is usually the single most calculation-intense thing on a screen, if you ask for anything to be at less than the maximum, I'd expect particle physics to be turned off 1st.   

It is not guaranteed, BUT, if you turn down effects on anything, it is likely particle-physics, "*period*", will be turned off first -- meaning it will affect seeing particles for anything.  Basically, it's not like it is a separate layer (usually), for each slider, but like a sparkling icing that gives off sparkles for all the layers -- but lowering graphics  (*especially to '1') for anything turns off sparkles.    Part of the reason for that is the sparkles on different layers interact with each other -- that's also why it is calculation intense.  So it is harder to disable or lower settings to 1 layer yet still get that higher-end effect on the others.  

Something like that, is *probably* possible, but it would likely be more complicated to implement and even more expensive in cpu+gpu cost -- meaning even fewer people would be able to take advantage of it IF they spent the time for such custom options.  Try maybe '3' for all and see if that helps with a balance.

Next to worse would be using a lower resolution in full screen...like if you screen is 2560x1400 -- set it for 1920x1080 stretched to full screen.  Might not be as crisp a display, but it may give you the best overall experience (short of upgrading your graphics card)...

On 8/21/2018 at 4:00 AM, Astarae said:

I don't get it -- why do people consider it a bug?   If you tell the game to use minimal settings for something, and it reduces the graphical complexity, isn't that a designed feature?

What minimal settings? Nobody said anything about settings being minimal in whole topic.

Other SFX is set to maximum and it should provide effects that are required by user.

I don't have other SFX at maximum just so game would look better. It provides me with information about my surroundings,

When game ignores my max Other SFX setting and disables it:

* In arena BM pops his HM block, but I don't see animation on him ( no way I'm going to split my attention to check his buff icons ). End result, I probably wasted a CC and gave a chance for him to mess me up.

* In SSM dungeon. Someone got fire buff, it's not me and I don't know who. During mechanics players get frozen and noone goes to unfreeze them. If game did not decide to disable other SFX I could go steal fire buff and save frozen players. GG, 2 dead players and I still don't know who doesn't do mechanics.

* In battlegrounds. Destroyer uses his earth sheet, no effects for that. All I see is Destroyer standing in strange position, guess what I do? It looks like a free shot and I take it only to see that he resisted everything ( that was my first time seeing that ) . GG, that Destroyer was a serious whale anyways.

Archived