Forums

No animations in Arena

Synthesia

Hello community!

There seems to be a problem for me since the Silverfrost patch in arena.

I don't see the animation of other people during arena (video shows a footage of it in 3versus3 arena.)

You do see the animations I use myself, like the flock of blades. This only occurs in arena, not in the open world or cross-server dungeons.

If anyone can help me fix it, I'd really appreciate it :))

video  |

|

V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRLg49C7eM&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: I was wrong, It also happens outside in the open world and in cross-server dungeons. I see no ones animations, except for my own.

1 hour ago, Synthesia said:

Hello community!

There seems to be a problem for me since the Silverfrost patch in arena.

I don't see the animation of other people during arena (video shows a footage of it in 3versus3 arena.)

You do see the animations I use myself, like the flock of blades. This only occurs in arena, not in the open world or cross-server dungeons.

If anyone can help me fix it, I'd really appreciate it :))

video  |

|

V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRLg49C7eM&feature=youtu.be

hey i literally have the same issue. I also can't see the animation on my bangle. It seems like it's mostly in combat I can't see my bangle. Just bumping/writing hoping NCsoft sees and will fix. 

have the same problem.. the visual effects of other people are not shown in arena.. mostly AoE effects, ranged effects like Destroyer(shield of Destroyer, red spin.. bd spin, FM all effects... BM their aoe i can only see their swords flying around them, summoner no effects at all ,only cat do some like hammer and stuff, kfm no effects... WL no effects shown

most annoying for me is that it seems that my own effects are on highest rate automatic even of i slide the bar down to 1, example is my Smoke Screen... the density is so high that if i stand in it my fps drop to like 5fps and lower....

read the patch note... "optimization performance"

i think they purposely apply it this optimization since alot of people complain in fps drop in raids. it reduce the visual effects when you made your settings very low,

to fix it just simply set all your settings to max and you will see the visual effects... 

1 hour ago, allenzki said:

i think they purposely apply it this optimization since alot of people complain in fps drop in raids. it reduce the visual effects when you made your settings very low,

to fix it just simply set all your settings to max and you will see the visual effects... 

So you basically mean force ourselves to play with 5 fps and freezes every second.

clapclap*

Oh :o I tought it was my fault if I havn't others effect skill :O I have nothing in arena and in open world for others and my effect aren't that detailed than before... I can't see any particles from the skills of others players I tought it was because I did a disk cleanup... I'm trying to solve the problems but I found 0 solution -_- I tried to maximize the ingame graphism, I tried with the Nvidia Panel or I tried to reinstall the game etc etc ... But it didn't works. When the patch was released I didn't have that problems in open world, my skills effect was perfect...  But now I don't have detailled skills effect and I don't see any skills effect from other players in arena and open world from 2 days ... -_-

3 hours ago, allenzki said:

That's not the solution. My boyfriend also has the lowest settings applied (all 1) and he can see the animations just fine. Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work.

I even tried the "max combat experience" feature and still nothing

Well that's a major bug atm (really really really annoying in arena)

Can't really arena properly anymore, let's hope they will fix it on wednesday with the lag/freeze problem.

But it is without a doubt a problem with them and not with us. (looks like even people at max settings have it)

i found a temporary solution for this problem 

i got the bug where i tried to fix the fps drops with some nvidia panel options

i got the bug on this i fixed it on this way

https://gyazo.com/122e0e72e904503879fd2df92448403c

i tried this after this i tried apply to all dont know exactly

again auto options

my friend used red spin on the dummies in mushins tower after i applied the option i saw the red spin animation and all other animations 

sry for the bad english :/

i hope i could help you

I too have gotten this horrible bug, there is one temporary fix:

1. Open Settings and click Graphics

2. Go to advanced settings and move the "apply all" slider to 5. All sliders should be at 5 and all boxes should have a check mark.

3. Go back to the default settings tab under graphics and set the resolution to max and put it in full screen mode.

4. Apply these new settings and quit the game

5. Open up the launcher, log in, and press the repair files button.

6. Once that finishes launch the and it should be working now but you'll be lagging

7. So you can slide all sliders to 1 except for the 3 distance ones and effects slider, they should stay at 5.

8. Then uncheck all those boxes under the sliders and set your resolution back to normal.

This worked for me and a few other people, but not for one friend. NCsoft needs to address this issue because this won't work for everyone.

Thanks for all the replies! I guess the temporary solution is the only way for now.. NCSoft shoulf fix this though, because now I walk around with 10fps :(

Some computers just can't handle high settings (like mine)

I'm not sure if it's related, but I had the opposite.

My settings didn't save properly and I was always seeing all the effects of everyone on max (or at least that's what I think, because I could see stuff I normally don't with the settings I use - other player character effects set to 1).

The game was unplayable unless I turned everyone off (the difference in fps was 15 -> 70 on 6 man dungeons). I got mad, formatted everything, reinstalled the operating system, re-downloaded the game. It works fine now, but people shouldn't have to resort to something so extreme for a simple thing...

I fixed my problem for now :)

I reinstalled everything, but when I logged in the animation was still gone on all settings on 1

If you put it on max, it should be fine again. After that, you can adjust it to 2-5. Don't go back to 1, it will make you bugged again.

This is what helped me!

I still hope NCSoft sees this, because it's still considered a bug

Archived