Warlock get busted with the patch?

Alphashado

Everything seems fine on the outside looking in. DPS output seems the same. But since the patch, my lvl 33 WL is getting wrecked by almost every mob. I'm having to chug a potion after every fight if the mob lands a hit. Unless I cc/kill them before they have a chance to attack, I am taking 20%-50% damage with every hit I take. Daily quest bosses are hitting me for 70% health a pop.

I'm as well geared as I could be for my level, and I wasn't having these issues lastnight.

It's almost as if mitigation isn't working at all.

I mentioned this in Factional chat, and received a whisper from someone experiencing the same issue. When I asked him what class he was, turns out he is also a WL.

Is anyone else having issues with taking massive damage since the patch?

EDIT: The issue seems to be related to lvl 30-35ish content. The one common theme I am seeing in this thread is in the early 30s. I am at level 38 now in Moonwater, and I am having no problems what so ever. But the northern part of Cinderlands, particularly Spirestone Canyon, was absolutely brutal. It wasn't until I got the shield set from Mirage at lvl 36 that things started balancing out again. Definitely something glitchy about the WL in that particular area of the map, or those particular levels/mobs.

It seems to vary depending on the mobs. Sometimes everything feels normal, then other mobs just destroy me.

I've died more times today since the patch at lvl 35 than I did the entire time prior to the patch. I died maybe 5 times prior to the patch total (including group dungeons) and I've died at least 10-15 times today alone.

No it isn't the gear. I've inspected several other WLs I come across and I am as geared or more geared than they are.

Have personally not had any issues... At 35 I can see the difficulties but with enough Crit in new content, you should be proccing life steal on your V. If your V is not tiered to life steal, you're doing it wrong.

I feel exactly the same. Yesterday I was levelling without problem but today I felt that every mob dealt a really big chunk of damage. Usually I don't get touched while fighting but when I do I receive a lot of damage. I levelled from 29 to 36 today and some mobs were a pain in the neck.

2 hours ago, Diradem said:

Have personally not had any issues... At 35 I can see the difficulties but with enough Crit in new content, you should be proccing life steal on your V. If your V is not tiered to life steal, you're doing it wrong.

Is it bad I'm using this, then?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/49lnbk/best_pve_warlock_build_for_level_45/

8 hours ago, Diradem said:

This doesn't really have anything to do with life steal. The issue at hand is how since the patch, some WLs are noticing that when they get hit, they get hit hard.   It's nothing for a random trash mob to hit me for half my health with a fireball now. It's hard to explain. It's random. Almost like mobs are critting us more often or our mitigation is malfunctioning occasionally. Oddly enough, I've never noticed it in purple dungeons like Narrows or ToE, just trash mobs while questing and green/blue dungeon mobs.

It might just be some mob balance tweaking? 

I haven't used my warlock much since the patch since I'm leveling my desto first, but on that desto I feel like I go down quicker than I used to in open world Pve. I didn't have the top end gear on that character either, though so the level 50 soul shields will probably help.

If the mobs just hit harder in general, then warlock would feel it the most since it's the glass cannon class. 

As for the opening post, while leveling my warlock, I found the game laughably easy through level 30-ish because dragoncall just one-shots everything. Once I got to the mid-30s the game got a bit more challenging, so that might be part of what you're feeling too.  Once I got to moonwater with my warlock, I had to start making proper use of quell and Bastion to not get my face kicked in.  

I would have to concur, something is very wrong. I just got to the Yonkai Forward Camp at 34 by dying about ten times, I have never had such difficulty on my Warlock until this patch. I'm no pro player, but I'm no slouch, nothing in the Warlock arsenal can mitigate the incoming damage from two or more sources at the moment and Wingstorm doesn't heal enough to not have to pot after every. single. mob.

I get the idea of glass cannon, but this is ridiculous.

I dont have any problem with my wl in this patch. Do you use quell or bastion ,with  2 points?

The wl's dps its not so good as other class its just deal burst damage that's why at the beginning its so easy to one shoot but later the mob have more def and health where its better a constant dps.

3 hours ago, Thothkepara said:

I would have to concur, something is very wrong. I just got to the Yonkai Forward Camp at 34 by dying about ten times, I have never had such difficulty on my Warlock until this patch. I'm no pro player, but I'm no slouch, nothing in the Warlock arsenal can mitigate the incoming damage from two or more sources at the moment and Wingstorm doesn't heal enough to not have to pot after every. single. mob.

I get the idea of glass cannon, but this is ridiculous.

The issue seems to be related to lvl 30-35ish content. The one common theme I am seeing in this thread is in the early 30s. I am at level 38 now in Moonwater, and I am having no problems what so ever. But the northern part of Cinderlands, particularly Spirestone Canyon, was absolutely brutal. It wasn't until I got the shield set from Mirage at lvl 36 that things started balancing out again. Definitely something glitchy about the WL in that particular area of the map, or those particular levels.

To be honest I think it's also about warlock getting his healing spells super nerfed...

Thing is, everything just heals you now only on crit,  while this might not be so bad for end game pro warlocks that have at least 50% crits, it kinda make lower levels warlocks super super squishy...

I think warlock was just meant to take this much damage but to also be able to heal some of it back with it's skills, since the nerf it's not possible anymore and while we receive the big damage we don't really have a way to heal it back up

7 minutes ago, hillel said:

To be honest I think it's also about warlock getting his healing spells super nerfed...

Thing is, everything just heals you now only on crit,  while this might not be so bad for end game pro warlocks that have at least 50% crits, it kinda make lower levels warlocks super super squishy...

I think warlock was just meant to take this much damage but to also be able to heal some of it back with it's skills, since the nerf it's not possible anymore and while we receive the big damage we don't really have a way to heal it back up

It has always been on crit for this region

yeah but what i'm saying is right now warlock just keeps his super squishiness and has a pretty limited way of healing itself back up, which just makes it look like it's dying so much faster than other classes that have self heals

7 hours ago, Alphashado said:

The issue seems to be related to lvl 30-35ish content. The one common theme I am seeing in this thread is in the early 30s. I am at level 38 now in Moonwater, and I am having no problems what so ever. But the northern part of Cinderlands, particularly Spirestone Canyon, was absolutely brutal. It wasn't until I got the shield set from Mirage at lvl 36 that things started balancing out again. Definitely something glitchy about the WL in that particular area of the map, or those particular levels.

For me it's pretty clear one problem in northern Spirestone is the place is literally a forest of densely packed range DPS mobs. You can't strafe at all to buy time between CDs. I'd be satisfied if the mobs were simply thinned out a bit so I could move or position all the ranged engagements more efficiently.

There is a gem with +400 defense, was 20 silver on market (don't know current price) it will help tremendously throughout the leveling process. Also spec your shackle to give heal (it's small but adds up fast on bigger mobs) spec into heal on wingstrom and fracture as well snare in your ss. This worked great go me until 45 then bastion and quell became needed.

Just remember the bigger the mob the better off you are warlock due to its heals.

Archived