64bit client with Silverfrost?

Taemek

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, RiseUp said:

That's nice, I always forget Blade and Soul is Black Desert, how silly of me.

Aion has a 64bit client......your point is if there is any? People keep boasting that this game was designed and made in 2009, well Aion was designed in 2005 and localised to Western Market in 2007, so.....

2 minutes ago, Taemek said:
2 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Aion has a 64bit client......your point is if there is any? People keep boasting that this game was designed and made in 2009, well Aion was designed in 2005 and localised to Western Market in 2007, so.....

My point isn't clear? You said said they are working on it? Then go on to name games that are 64bit. What's your point and where ANYWHERE did they say they were working on a 64bit client (which they aren't)?

My point is why are you naming 64bit client games? This isn't those games and is clearly not 64bit. Nor anywhere has it been said that one is coming, that they are working on one or they have ever even considered it.

3 minutes ago, RiseUp said:

My point isn't clear? You said said they are working on it? Then go on to name games that are 64bit. What's your point and where ANYWHERE did they say they were working on a 64bit client (which they aren't)?

My point is why are you naming 64bit client games? This isn't those games and is clearly not 64bit. Nor anywhere has it been said that one is coming, that they are working on one or they have ever even considered it.

If we have to explain it to you when people have clearly pointed it out, then its a waste of time.

7 hours ago, Taemek said:

If they released a DX11 and 64bit client I would be more then happy to buy a 12 month sub also

Of course ! I've got a really decent PC but getting IPS Freeze each 10 seconds which is kinda annoying and hell, it should not happen !! Can't even do the wyrm and terrors even with bad graphics and hiding all the players :o Nonsense !

9 minutes ago, Luucy said:

Of course ! I've got a really decent PC but getting IPS Freeze each 10 seconds which is kinda annoying and hell, it should not happen !! Can't even do the wyrm and terrors even with bad graphics and hiding all the players :o Nonsense !

I agree and if they aren't going to do anything about it, reduce the amount of people who can be in a channel and double the amount of channels.

8 minutes ago, Taemek said:

I agree and if they aren't going to do anything about it, reduce the amount of people who can be in a channel and double the amount of channels.

I don't know, sometimes i'm asking myself if this channel thing is really helpful ??? 

Again, Taemek, nobody is saying that a 64 bits client won't be better, what we're saying is, YOU keep this BS about the company working on a 64 bits DX11 client, you have made that claim in other threads too, and despite the fact that people have proven to you with links that it is not so, you keep making that claim, so please, I am actually begging you, please SHOW US YOUR PROOF, and then we can talk about advantages

10 minutes ago, Reyfer said:

Again, Taemek, nobody is saying that a 64 bits client won't be better, what we're saying is, YOU keep this BS about the company working on a 64 bits DX11 client, you have made that claim in other threads too, and despite the fact that people have proven to you with links that it is not so, you keep making that claim, so please, I am actually begging you, please SHOW US YOUR PROOF, and then we can talk about advantages

As I mentioned, after some investigation I really didn't find any indicator that they're working on DX11 client, but what are these "proven with links that it is not so"? How can you prove that they're not working on it? Have they explicitly said, "Nope, cricket DX11, we'll forever be on DX9c" or something?

7 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

The day well get fps improvements/better client will be the day bots are abolished. So yea dont get ur hopes up

Err... No? I don't see a connection unless you mean that both of those things are not happening.

On 3/18/2016 at 10:18 AM, Penterax said:

World of Warcraft was released at the end of 2004 and is now DX11 capable (has been since just before the Cataclysm Xpack). Just because a game was made on DX9 doesn't mean it can't be updated.

And, frankly, the Unreal 3 engine is old and I really wish developers would just stop using it. I get that the original game was made some 7 years ago, but this version wasn't. BnS is a good game and the developers are obviously talented, veteran users of Unreal 3 and have probably heavily modified it, but on the other hand the game was already dated on release in NA and EU.

Please don't get me wrong; I think BnS is a very good game, so much so that I've already bought a year's subscription. I just think it could perform a lot better in a variety of ways.

You're comparing proverbial apples to oranges.  
World of warcraft has brought MORE than enough money to the development team to perform that type of an API conversion.  This game has not.  
I'm fairly certain that not only is the player base CONSIDERABLY smaller, there's also about a 2million annual difference between the two at least.

BNS is a great game, and I'll continue playing it regardless of what problems it has (and god knows I've stated quite a few, and tried to help with any that I can, and have time to, but I can't simply throw code their way since I know nothing of their games engine, or the core modifications, and database structure.

Unreal Engine 3 may be old, but it's far from outdated.  It's a good engine, and very capable.  yes, the game could use directx 11 but even considering that large scale of a change would depend highly on how many active players there are at one time, and especially in its CURRENT state this game isn't getting enough to warrant that.

3 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

Unreal Engine 3 may be old, but it's far from outdated.  It's a good engine, and very capable.  yes, the game could use directx 11 but even considering that large scale of a change would depend highly on how many active players there are at one time, and especially in its CURRENT state this game isn't getting enough to warrant that.

I'm don't think that we know enough about their revenues and resources to make that kind of assumptions. I'm pretty sure, however, that performance and optimization is high on their priority list as every second thread in GD complaining about it and almost every thread in player support are complaining about it.

So one way or another they're bound to do something. And of possible "somethings" I'm pretty sure they at least considered upgrading. Nobody can know how far this consideration went, though.

I know enough about wow's revenues and resources to make that conclusion.  At this point I'd say it's safe to assume it's not an assumption.  Wow averages 80 dollars off each person that even STARTS an account, let alone pays 15 a month to play it, and with an active subscriber base of more than 1 million that means per year they're averaging based off those calculations 15 million dollars - we'll estimate that the upkeep is roughly 5 million a year giving them another 10 in profit after cost.  Granted these calculations are smaller than their subscriber base, and don't even include the initial purchasing cost or the cost of paying their staff; so we'll play on the fair side of safety and say that we're somewhere within range.

Whereas this game is free to play and doesn't require purchase of any sort to "play." so there's already a MASSIVE cut in profit sustainability right there.  Considering the game is plagued with an already aforementioned issue brought up in other threads that is killing players, and or subscriptions every day the math is there and speaks for itself.  Granted, none of it is 100% accurate, but it's pretty simple to average that this game is probably making at most a quarter of what wow does in a year.  
Furthermore the release has only been a couple of months for the NA market, and the other releases have been out for several years, yes; but that doesn't mean that every single player in those regions payed to play, nor keep up their monthly subscription, or purchase items on the store religiously enough to validate this game making anywhere near the overhead that world of warcraft pulls for blizzard.

Added to this, if we strayed away from single games, and went into the realm of all games owned by the corporations then our profits gap becomes INCREASINGLY wider as I've not played a single NCSoft game that has a monthly subscription whereas every one that i know of for blizzard has one, as well as a high cost initial price to play; and blizzard has more games, card series, board games, memorabilia on the market, and movies out than NCSoft does, so there's even more profit there that is yet to remain calculated into this hypothesis formed conclusion.

17 minutes ago, Enhance said:

As I mentioned, after some investigation I really didn't find any indicator that they're working on DX11 client, but what are these "proven with links that it is not so"? How can you prove that they're not working on it? Have they explicitly said, "Nope, cricket DX11, we'll forever be on DX9c" or something?

I was talking about his other thread where he kept telling people that the NA version was the only one without DX11, he kept saying it and when asked how he knew he said "just download the other clients and you will see", then when people (myself included) posted pictures and links from KR, CN, TW and JP official pages showing they use DX9.0c, he changed his words to "I was refering to the possible use of 64 bits clients and dx11"....so yes, those are the links I am talking about

1 minute ago, Reyfer said:

I was talking about his other thread where he kept telling people that the NA version was the only one without DX11, he kept saying it and when asked how he knew he said "just download the other clients and you will see", then when people (myself included) posted pictures and links from KR, CN, TW and JP official pages showing they use DX9.0c, he changed his words to "I was refering to the possible use of 64 bits clients and dx11"....so yes, those are the links I am talking about

Okay, makes sense, and good to know. Albeit discouraging.

6 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

I know enough about wow's revenues and resources to make that conclusion.  At this point I'd say it's safe to assume it's not an assumption.  Wow averages 80 dollars off each person that even STARTS an account, let alone pays 15 a month to play it, and with an active subscriber base of more than 1 million that means per year they're averaging based off those calculations 15 million dollars - we'll estimate that the upkeep is roughly 5 million a year giving them another 10 in profit after cost.  Granted these calculations are smaller than their subscriber base, and don't even include the initial purchasing cost or the cost of paying their staff; so we'll play on the fair side of safety and say that we're somewhere within range.

I was actually talking about BnS's revenues and resources. Not arguing about Wow's money shower. Then again, I'm fairly sure blizzard didn't waste every single cent they made on DX11 upgrade - probably not even a majority or any considerable fraction.

Plus BnS is not an independent game. NC still has the profits they make in other games (and regions) that they can invest here.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't NC upgrade Aion's DX?

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Okay, makes sense, and good to know. Albeit discouraging.

I was actually talking about BnS's revenues and resources. Not arguing about Wow's money shower. Then again, I'm fairly sure blizzard didn't waste every single cent they made on DX11 upgrade - probably not even a majority or any considerable fraction.

Plus BnS is not an independent game. NC still has the profits they make in other games (and regions) that they can invest here.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't NC upgrade Aion's DX?

Yes, they did upgrade Aion, but that's two different game engines IIRC and Aion has been out for several years, and has a much more stable player base than BNS has evne had the chance to prove it will obtain yet.

1 minute ago, Dracconus said:

Yes, they did upgrade Aion, but that's two different game engines IIRC and Aion has been out for several years, and has a much more stable player base than BNS has evne had the chance to prove it will obtain yet.

It does have a different engine, but I haven't worked with either of those so I can't really tell if it makes for a large margin in upgrade effort. I wouldn't think it makes too much of a difference to make it inaccessible for NCSoft.

Also, seeing how NCSoft is an international company, and BnS has a pretty stable player base in KR/TW/JP, wouldn't that warrant the BnS's upgrade as much as Aion's?

It's not as particularly related to inaccessability as much as it is cost to perform the requested action.  Aion has a stabilized playerbase worldwide, blade and soul hasn't yet accomplished that feat.  It will take months if not years for the "total playerbase of dedicated people" to become a factual number.  Aion had that when they performed the update, and the reason they did was because they determined it worth the cost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying I don't see it happening any time soon.
BNS has a model that they're developing around Tournament League Gaming, so I'm sure that it will, but it's something that will take time to consider the financial damper of, develop, test, and release.

50 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

It's not as particularly related to inaccessability as much as it is cost to perform the requested action.  Aion has a stabilized playerbase worldwide, blade and soul hasn't yet accomplished that feat.  It will take months if not years for the "total playerbase of dedicated people" to become a factual number.  Aion had that when they performed the update, and the reason they did was because they determined it worth the cost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying I don't see it happening any time soon.
BNS has a model that they're developing around Tournament League Gaming, so I'm sure that it will, but it's something that will take time to consider the financial damper of, develop, test, and release.

but then it will be too late , i personally when i like a game i play it acctively and support it , but when this kind of fps drops happens all the time , it just doesn't encourages me to stay and i believe im not the only one who think this way , specially when there is competition between games !
the "not so soon"  doesn't help them/us at all !

Okay, so what?  A game developer is just supposed to take a product thats been on the market for other regions for years, and develop an entirely new product for you individually to play because you're impatient?  I don't think that's how it works man.  Last time I checked it sure as heck wasn't.  
As for the FPS I really don't know why people complain.  
I'm running a  SIX YEAR OLD six core 1100T at 4.0Ghz and a 1GB HD6850 and I still average 45-60 FPS in most areas, and during most fights which is more than playable.  
If my system can handle it I see no reason why faster clocks, and cores, larger caches, and faster RAM and CPU's with more instructions per core can't.

11 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

Okay, so what?  A game developer is just supposed to take a product thats been on the market for other regions for years, and develop an entirely new product for you individually to play because you're impatient?  I don't think that's how it works man.  Last time I checked it sure as heck wasn't.  
I'm running a  SIX YEAR OLD six core 1100T at 4.0Ghz and a 1GB HD6850 and I still average 45-60 FPS in most areas, and during most fights which is more than playable.  
If my system can handle it I see no reason why faster clocks, and cores, larger caches, and faster RAM and CPU's with more instructions per core can't.

like if you we are not playing the same  game !!!
and im not the only one complaining here , you can see dozen of posts talking about the same issue !

The game is old, it will obviously benefit from directx 11 as more people have newer hardware, but there are a LOT of people that play mmos (and I don't know why for the life of me) that still run VERY basic systems, and directx9 hardware.  
The FPS spikes are due to players on the screen, and the STUPID system that thinks that a LOT of what should be called gameobjects are actually part of the terrain.  
If they would have went with a static terrain then people would have complained about the linearity of the gameplay, but if they would convert the game objects that are calculated as terrain which would be VERY simple to do in the database (if they coded the game properly) then it would alleviate a lot of the stress the gpu and cpu have to use on irrelevant things.
Another thing people don't seem to factor in is spell effects.  These korean games all suffer from one thing - over used effects.  They're dense with post processing effects, far too many particles to want to count, and entirely too massive in scale.  It's just their style.  

I'm sure I could utilize tools to edit the configuration xml and get the engine running more smoothly, but I don't want to be banned for decrypting it, so I haven't even tried.

3 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

The game is old, it will obviously benefit from directx 11 as more people have newer hardware, but there are a LOT of people that play mmos (and I don't know why for the life of me) that still run VERY basic systems, and directx9 hardware.  
The FPS spikes are due to players on the screen, and the STUPID system that thinks that a LOT of what should be called gameobjects are actually part of the terrain.  
If they would have went with a static terrain then people would have complained about the linearity of the gameplay, but if they would convert the game objects that are calculated as terrain which would be VERY simple to do in the database (if they coded the game properly) then it would alleviate a lot of the stress the gpu and cpu have to use on irrelevant things.
Another thing people don't seem to factor in is spell effects.  These korean games all suffer from one thing - over used effects.  They're dense with post processing effects, far too many particles to want to count, and entirely too massive in scale.  It's just their style.  

I'm sure I could utilize tools to edit the configuration xml and get the engine running more smoothly, but I don't want to be banned for decrypting it, so I haven't even tried.

did you think about contacting them and maybe enlighten them (*-*)°°°

If they encrypted a simple configuration file, there's probably a reason why, such as server connection information, or they just don't want people to see how "stock" the games core, or database is.  Afterall, that information can lead to the discovery of engine library information which is exactly what is used in collaboration with disassembling the structure, and reverse engineering to make develop, and test hacks so...
In short, no, I haven't because i know they're not going to relinquish the encryption on the configuration file, nor the need for its CRC to match what gameguard and the file repair tool are looking for.

1 hour ago, Dracconus said:

Is this person really accusing the whole players having IPS troubles of just lying ??? (It's not like this game hadn't enough problems yet to create some more :D)

42 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

And is he contradicting himself 15 minutes later ? 

Archived