With new Silver Frost have a class balance?

Onsterion

14 minutes ago, Eskimo Brother said:

Who is playing BnS for the story lol? I think everybody could care less about the story and that it's not going to die because we don't get anymore of this thrilling plot line after that.

I was always amazed that some people actually watch cutscenes and follow story in MMOs,i never once did that haha, usually single player games have a great story that is worth following,but MMOs....especially when they try to force story onto you like B&S does,even if you grind most lvls you still need to finish story quests in order to be able to run full content.

Whenever a game forces me to follow storyline the more i try my best to skip it and do it faster.

3 hours ago, Eladriel said:

I was always amazed that some people actually watch cutscenes and follow story in MMOs,i never once did that haha, usually single player games have a great story that is worth following,but MMOs....especially when they try to force story onto you like B&S does,even if you grind most lvls you still need to finish story quests in order to be able to run full content.

Whenever a game forces me to follow storyline the more i try my best to skip it and do it faster.

not sure what single players games you play, but like 90% force you to do the story. In my opinion those that don't force you end up of being boring a lot faster.

I did not read every quest, but i watched every cutscene and read more than 50% of quests the first time I played bns.

While the story is just average, someone wrote it for me to read.

I have 4 characters 45, and read the quests only once during beta but I do not regret reading the quests.

I only recently started reading quests in mmo btw (about 1 year ago) the game last longer and is more enjoyable if you don't rush it.

An example of a quest i enjoyed is that a blind man thought his comrades were eaten by demons and wanted to get some closure or something, but they were only herbivores there. His friends( i think they were also blind) were waiting for him in the city. I couldn't help it that feel sorry for them....they were adventurers as well  but they were to old to go adventuring now

This little things make the game feel a lot better

2 hours ago, odiasuda said:

From what I understand this is the balance patch that's going in with the update tomorrow

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-update-infinity-tower-assassin-kungfu-master/

i don't think we get infinity tower tough

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 1:15 PM, ARC-1276 said:

BMs getting stronger? No please! They're already OP enough with the block spam and all their cheap DPS and Stuns/dazes/knockdowns. That's my opinion anyway. 

BTW, RIP Blade and Soul once this next patch comes out. (SPOILER ALERT) The story doesn't continue any further after you defeat Jinsoyun in the level 50 cap. Meaning from there the game will slowly begin to die out a slow, painful, death. 

rly?.. theres no new story at all after this one o,o... kinda odd for a MMO.. generally they find another storyline lol

On 3/17/2016 at 4:29 AM, SeroZeroes said:

If I am not wrong, we have the latest class balance patch, there isn't another out there. And KRs do the balancing, not NA/EU NCsoft.

The only form of 'balancing' we get is some classes getting a lot better with the increase in skill points from lvl50 and HM10 (namely BM), making it looks like they got buffed.

And some classes not benefiting much at all from more skill points (FMs/Smns), making it looks like they got nerfed.

Trust me, BMs will be the next 'OMG nerf pls, they steamroll, faceroll in arena wtfbbqomfg' spam threads we will see next.

A lot of people have been saying similar stuff. I play as a Blade Master but what at 50 are they giving us that's going to make us super OP? Like do you know which skills will lead us to those types of victories or do you know any youtube videos that you could link so I can see?

On 3/17/2016 at 9:21 AM, Aziraya said:

Destroyers do pretty much nothing with their grapple. Hell, the most dangerous thing about their grapple is if they have the focus-damage on it which may stop you from doing a lot of your normal PvP moveset, throwing you off balance a bit.

^this

grapple... much OPness... insane damage.. 100% heals... wow

How many Destroyers are in the leaderboards again? How many KFM, FM again?

At low ranking they might seem OP

Technically nothing will be balanced perfectly. Blade Dancers and Summoners will fall off PvP at 50 HM10+ while the others soar. The other main classes basically switch places with Blade Dancer and Summoner at 50 HM10+ because Blade Dancer and Summoner have a smaller not as large expandable skill tree at 45, hence why they are OP at 45 but fall off later levels while the others get better because of their larger expandable skills trees. So with more skills points, the main classes are able to spec into more of their essential skills while Blade Dancer and Summoner don't really have much extra to spec those points into.

On 3/17/2016 at 10:54 AM, Onsterion said:

My only concern is the classes who have resistance to CC 97% of the battle time in all angles and the classes who abuses of cancel animation.

NCsoft does not consider animation canceling as an abuse of the system unfortunately. It is just part of the game now. There are lots of guides and videos both on how to perform it as well as deal with someone using it against you. 

4 hours ago, SosukeRyugamine said:

A lot of people have been saying similar stuff. I play as a Blade Master but what at 50 are they giving us that's going to make us super OP? Like do you know which skills will lead us to those types of victories or do you know any youtube videos that you could link so I can see?

First of all, even though our lightning draw hm skill is really strong only a few people has it since it's really expensive but it will be a LOT more cheaper in this patch. We won't have to sacrifice anything, we will have enough skill points to unlock the hm skills AND better cc, like 3 sec tab daze instead of 2, 3 sec kd instead of 2 etc. 

Aside from all that in one of the later patchs we will get hm pull which will make us 2x stronger. Let me compare it with what kfm gets. Kfm has a 3 sec stun in v which has 3m area. With hm it will turn into 3 sec stun which pull enemies into it in 8 meter area. So their amount of stuns will stay same but it will be more reliable. For bm on the other hand our pull, which normally doesn't do anything aside from pulling, will turn into a 3 sec stun which penetrates everything including bd, destroyer deflects. So If enemy is out of iframes there is no way for them to escape since it's 16 meters long. 

Lets say that you used your rush and and flicker stuns to bait enemy tab escape. Normally after that you would be left with 2 dazes + raid + your knock downs. Now on top of that  you will have that op pull, so you will just pull the enemy, activate your bladecall, deal 6k or 11k with your hm lightning draw and combo them to death. Also take note that your new pull will also deal a nice chunk of damage, so just using z+r will deal 15k+ damage. 

On top of that we will have hm block which is an another essential skill. While blocking your f will activate a whole new skill which heals you for %10 of your max hp and make your invulnerable to damage and cc for 5 seconds or 3 attacks, so it's like we are getting one of the blade dancers strongest skills without sacrificing anything. 

So what do we get? A new 3 second stuns that is extremely easy to land and %10 heal+invulnerability every 45 seconds. A lot of the classes will benefit from this patch but I think bm will get the most benefit.

Archived