Leveling as an Assassin

SayianPrince

Shadow Slash, Lightning Stride, Landmine, Poison Breath, Lightning Rod are decent AoE skills and pretty much enough if you aren't thinking on AoEing a boss... Usual combo for multiple (able to be knocked down) enemies is as follows:

-Gather enemies in a tight bundle ->  Poison Breath  for 5 stacks of poison ->  Shadow Slash  for knockdown ->  Landmine\Trap  (optional) ->  Decoy + Lightning Stride  (dealing enormous damage on enemies with 5 poison stack and passing through them) -> if you were quick enough you turn around and use  Shadow Dash  to stealth yourself, otherwise explode Trap ->  Lightning Rod  specced for damage or stun

I think that by the time you have all those skills unlocked you won't be needing them to AoE, but anyway...

If what you're asking is what I think it means you need to put the following points into these skills:

-4 SP into Heart stab

-3 SP into Landmine (ground)

-2 SP into Throwing Dagger

-2 SP into Cyclone Sweep (Shadow Drain)

-3 SP in Shadow Dash - absolutely optional and not necessary if you don't have points to spend

That is basically the permanent invisibility build (low mana cost) for bosses. You run into your target and use RMB  to stealth -> RMB+F  combo until 1 second of stealth left -> Throwing Dagger + Shadow Drain  to restealth -> RMB+F  combo again -> SS  to go backwards while holding down 1 (Shadow Dash)  -> RMB+F  once again until 1 second or so -> throw in a Landmine  for poison -> Hook Kick  immediately after out of stealth -> RMB+F  -> SS + Shadow Dash  and you repeat everything after that.

Note:

-This combination of skills requires a weapon with a chance of focus regeneration, otherwise it's tedious to keep it up!

In rare cases you might be left out with 0 focus during your combo after using the Landmine. I've leveled Lightning Rod into second tree for focus regeneration and AoE and I'm using it when I run out, just before the Hook Kick.

Since mobs are generally so far away from each other and thus difficult to group, I find it useful to 1v1 Stealth -> Heart Stab + Lightning Crash/Pierce until the mob is dead. Or Poison Breath + Lightning Rend usually one shots them.

Around level 25 to 30 you'll be able to pretty much perma stealth your way through anything. I hit 43 tonight after I think 4 days now of fairly steady play, but I am not the kind of person that plays all day and all night. I'm done after 10 hours or so with meal breaks thrown in.

• 2 months later...

Archived