Marketplace saturation

Aion2BnS

On Windrest and Onmyung where I play I see a lot of pages in the Marketplace for weapons and accessories of similar items (or similar level). Since you can't buy part of a stack, it makes it difficult to find the 1 or 2 items needed to upgrade your items.

Screenshot_160314_000.jpg

Screenshot_160314_001.jpg

So we know you can't farm items in this game to sell to the NPC since they only give you 1 copper. I'm thinking it may be the spammers/goldsellers that have somehow found a way to either dupe or farm these items to make their gold? Either way they're cornering the market and pushing out players who need to sell on the Marketplace to make their own gold. If we could see the names of the sellers, I'm guessing they won't be legitimate players?

Just now, Aion2BnS said:

So we know you can't farm items in this game to sell to the NPC since they only give you 1 copper. I'm thinking it may be the spammers/goldsellers that have somehow found a way to either dupe or farm these items to make their gold? Either way they're cornering the market and pushing out players who need to sell on the Marketplace to make their own gold. If we could see the names of the sellers, I'm guessing they won't be legitimate players?

Probably just bots. Or people farming for infinite challenge who for some reason decided to kill vilray(???). But probably bots.

Most likely bots, and they do this because NCSoft limits us VERY SEVERELY as to how many items/stacks we can sell per day. I understand the reason, it's to try to curb the botting, but it really hurts the players too. Thank the people buying these stacks. If nobody bought them, the bots couldn't put them up on the AH this way and make any money.

This game encourages  the bots existence, I have never seen a game that has so many   bots like this one, also  even If I hate  bots I also  like them  because  this game has  the worst RNG  boxes  and rewards...  you do a dg  for 30-40 minutes to get   almost nothing, soulstones are a must have  it is impossible  to do anything without them  and in  huge numbers  without them  the economy  would be even worse and  more pleayers would leave the game because  it would be way too P2W than it already is

5 minutes ago, TheHorror said:

This game encourages  the bots existence, I have never seen a game that has so many   bots like this one, also  even If I hate  bots I also  like them  because  this game has  the worst RNG  boxes  and rewards...  you do a dg  for 30-40 minutes to get   almost nothing, soulstones are a must have  it is impossible  to do anything without them  and in  huge numbers  without them  the economy  would be even worse and  more pleayers would leave the game because  it would be way too P2W than it already is

I don't feel this game is p2w. It's most definitely pay to progress faster or look nice, but not p2w. Now, if you start seeing orange gear on the cash shop that you can't get by beating bosses in the game with far superior stats to our purple ones, then yeah, that's p2w.

2 hours ago, Taywen said:

Most likely bots, and they do this because NCSoft limits us VERY SEVERELY as to how many items/stacks we can sell per day. I understand the reason, it's to try to curb the botting, but it really hurts the players too. Thank the people buying these stacks. If nobody bought them, the bots couldn't put them up on the AH this way and make any money.

I actually liked the 100-stacks and used one of them per new character i make in the last few days. Dont make me sound like a bot supporter lol. If i need to buy items then i need to buy items ;)

44 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

I actually liked the 100-stacks and used one of them per new character i make in the last few days. Dont make me sound like a bot supporter lol. If i need to buy items then i need to buy items ;)

How is a new player able to afford those stacks? 100 stack x 50 copper = 50 silver that a new player (1st char) isn't going to have. You then have to wade through pages and pages to find individual items.

Also as a seller you have to wade through pages and pages to find the next lowest individually priced item. There should be a way to filter out stacks (greater than say 10 items).

2 hours ago, Aion2BnS said:

How is a new player able to afford those stacks? 100 stack x 50 copper = 50 silver that a new player (1st char) isn't going to have. You then have to wade through pages and pages to find individual items.

Also as a seller you have to wade through pages and pages to find the next lowest individually priced item. There should be a way to filter out stacks (greater than say 10 items).

I did not say that this doesnt cause a problem for new players. But it's also treu that these "more expensive" single items would basically be the standard price for these items if there were no bots. I'd also like my game to be bot-free, but they are making stuff like this pretty cheap. Highly doubt we would be able to buy 1000 health potions for 2 gold if it werent for the bots. How are new players gonna affort that? They arent. But nobody complained about that..^^

The thing is.. bots or no bots - with the limitations to the marked the game will end up with huge quantities of items put into the marked. It's not very beginner friendly, but there is not a lot we can do about it. In a year or so basically everything will be sold in quantities from 100-1000 like in the other versions. That goes for soulstones, viridian poison and so on. 

The only real disadvantage new players have right now is that they have to scroll through a few pages to find a stack of 1 or 2 items they can buy. It's not that these are more expensive. Sure, more expensive than the 50 copper bots are selling a single item in their stack, but it should be about the price normal people would sell the item without bots. 

At least that's my opinion on the topic :)

I'm not sure how a stack of level 5 weapons help anybody. New players won't have 59 silver to buy it. Higher level players won't need level 5 weapons to feed their own weapon. So in the end it just takes up listing space.

The only way I can see these bot sellers helping players is if we were allowed to buy X amount of items from a stack. Then lower level players can buy from the stacks the things they need at a lower price. (Not that I'm advocating that. Much better that the bot sellers weren't there at all).

Archived