Warlock nerfed waaa waaa waaa

Terimac

25 minutes ago, Terimac said:

offtopic question, why do you guys prefer WL over FM?

I'm not sure I do.  My FM is only lvl 18.  Waiting for an outfit that works for her before I level her any higher.  It's obviously not a fair comparison, but I will say I like my lvl 38 WL better than my lvl 18FM for one reason.  Quell.  (a.k.a. block).  Being able to simply block things that are all up in my face without having to try to safely back away/etc. w/o aggroing additional hostiles makes me feel far more capable of surviving anything.  If I pull aggro on a world boss or w/e, I can just sit there and tank it.  I don't have to get all running away and annoying everybody else trying to fight it.  (and thus also making it harder for them to pull it off me)

(I'm actually half surprised there aren't any warlock skills to increase aggro.  I could see somebody fairly easily making a tank build if there was one.  (Heck, it's probably possible even without))

While I prefer Warlock's theme (dark/spirit magic) and the ability to block, Forcemaster is still probably the better choice in most situations.

Finally got Warlock to 45, first and only class so far to do so.

I got Forcemaster to about 41 before I got bored of it...but, lack of a proper block aside (Impact can be specced to block/parry ranged attacks), it isn't as squishy and has more defensive options. It also helps that their casts don't make you stand in place for a second or two for your hard hitting skills/combos.

not sure what to expect in future updates. you can always check freedomplays for those updates since their server is more recent compared to ours.  I prefer the wl to fm because I hate kiting on fm.  WL feels more capable to me >_>.  I agree WL is squishier but I manage that by killing enemies faster than they can reach me/intercepting attacks when need be. 

I expect to get a better self-heal and damage increase. Hopefully a pet buff up as well. 

Warlock feels faster and more supportish than Force Master. They also escalate damage way quicker imo without feeling like a 2 button win. Oh and lets not forget, 2015 champion is a warlock.

I didnt give FM a try, I normally play melee classes in games, but I figured i'd give the WL a try, and turned out by level 30 i was enjoying it a lot. So I swapped mains. from what I understand FMs have better sustain, and warlocks have better burst with little sustain. I enjoy giving the party buff also, I feel when I provide something to group as a whole, it's makes me feel a bit more viable. 

well in my honest opinon, not much.

on KR they received a small buff (this is because being 45 its softened the nerfs impact on warlocks currently) which hopefully will be released with 50. on KR Servers this as in their opinon put the Warlock in bottom tier with the Summoner in 50 content this is all u can really expect for now, I has no idea if the Warlock will be buffed, I mean Summoners also left to rot as it gets increasingly weaker in 50 balancing.

on the flip side, KR and NA/EUs terms of tiers of classes, have not always been the same, for example even with the 45 difficulty of BM one does bring one here with 0 HM level and not even 45 and Wrecks everybody, we call it useless and they make it look overpowered, so bottom tier may not nessercarily inflict the same problems here it may be a completely different opinon.

in all honesty, I don't think Warlocks will be Unviable, but they wont be topping the boards on either pve or pvp for a while to come, some have been pulling crazy things off, so I wouldn't say the nerf has done too much damage eso far, we'll see in 50.

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 7:23 AM, Lingchi said:

I expect to get a better self-heal and damage increase. Hopefully a pet buff up as well. 

Warlock feels faster and more supportish than Force Master. They also escalate damage way quicker imo without feeling like a 2 button win. Oh and lets not forget, 2015 champion is a warlock.

the self healing is what we lost :P I don't think we'd get it back, a Pet buff would be amazing tho, the Pet does overall feel kinda useless outside time distortion/soul burn and its Q>

Archived