Mushin Tower 8th Floor 3rd Form (Video)

Enlainzer

just wanna show how i fight 3rd form Mushin (im at 180-200ms... guess you can do it better with lower Ping)

VIDEO

Key Points of the Fight:

1. you should have the right skill spec (like speced power pounce and lunge with stun)

2. never use cat taunt (this will let Mushin do his full atk rotation which gives him lots of Iframes - you wanna avoid that so you dont lose DPS)... only use it at emergency situations (or when he do the Ice flower skill thingy... you dandelion then cat taunt so he lands on the cat)

3. timing your CCs (specially the power pounce + root = these 2 gives you lots of time to deal massive dmg to him)

4. Try to take out 20% of his HP as fast as you can - this forces him to skip Ice Flower Skill - he will just hop in the middle and use Fire AoE skill (for safer run... you can make your True Friend Immunity CD as the base counter/timer for this... so like 20% hp down every 45sec making sure your immunity skill is up and ready when he cast the Fire AoE - this assures constant dps)

5. make sure you still DPSing him when he is Performing the Fire AoE skill... you can do this by specing True Friend to 5- hit immunity (cast it after the first wave has landed/2nd circle is forming)

6. always get His ATK POWER buff (this gives you roughly +30AP but has a DoT Debuff of 100-150 per tick, very manageable)... you can do this by staying inside the black magic circle when he performs it

7. never get hit with his stun combo/CCs (if you get hit... try to escape by your recovery skills or let you cat CC him) --- this part is easier to manage if you keep moving and you CC him properly

8. Proper Gears (i think you can beat him with 400atk + 2.5k crit + 105% acc + good ping - even lesser than these stats) - made this the last keypoint coz even with not sooo high stats... as long as you do the 7above tips... it will still be doable (you wont reach 3rd form anyways if your gears are not good enough)

well good luck on your attempts!.... he drops 100% costume too for your hard work at least (and it looks good on Lyns XD)

13 minutes ago, Enlainzer said:

just wanna show how i fight 3rd form Mushin (im at 180-200ms... guess you can do it better with lower Ping)

VIDEO

Key Points of the Fight:

1. you should have the right skill spec (like speced power pounce and lunge with stun)

2. never use cat taunt (this will let Mushin do his full atk rotation which gives him lots of Iframes - you wanna avoid that so you dont lose DPS)... only use it at emergency situations (or when he do the Ice flower skill thingy... you dandelion then cat taunt so he lands on the cat)

3. timing you CCs (specially the power pounce + root = these 2 gives you lots of time to deal massive dmg to him)

4. make sure you still DPSing him when he is Performing the Fire AoE skill... you can do this by specing True Friend to 5- hit immunity (cast it after the first wave has landed/2nd circle is forming)

5. always get His ATK POWER buff... you can do this by staying inside the black magic circle when he performs it

6. never get hit with his stun combo/CCs (if you get hit... try to escape by your recovery skills or let you cat CC him) --- this part is easier to manage if you keep moving and you CC him properly

7. Proper Gears (i think you can beat him with 400atk + 2.5k crit + 105% acc + good ping - even lesser than these stats).... if you dps him fast enough... he skips the Ice flower Skill thingy and just go with the Fire AOe SKill

well good luck on your attempts!.... he drops 100% costume too for your hard work at least (and it looks good on Lyns XD)

At 384 ap with 200+ ping got him down to 18% hp, not sure about that attack buff u are talking about tho... or if mushin would allow my thorn strike to crit I should've made it XD 

Or lower ping A.A

Is the attack buff the purple one? I thought that does a dot on u 

7 minutes ago, Phorni said:

At 384 ap with 200+ ping got him down to 18% hp, not sure about that attack buff u are talking about tho... or if mushin would allow my thorn strike to crit I should've made it XD 

Or lower ping A.A

the Atk power buff from Mushin roughly gives +30AP... it gives a DoT debuff though but only 100 per tick very manageable

and for sure low ping really helps alot especially when your only at borderline stats (360-400AP)

7 minutes ago, Enlainzer said:

the Atk power buff from Mushin roughly gives +30AP... it gives a DoT debuff though but only 100 per tick very manageable

and for sure low ping really helps alot especially when your only at borderline stats (360-400AP)

I know what I have been doing wrong the whole time now... 

After carefully studying ur video, I realised it is the purple buff, but also true friend iframes ur cat also :X thought it only iframes u not u and the cat...  wasted my cats dps during that 

And I don't always have the purple buff  XD 

Edit:  but I knew went wrong for me in f8 was he kept going iframe which my cat has him grappled XD so the def shred and the burst after was not applied, not sure how to avoid this tho XD 

10 minutes ago, Phorni said:

I know what I have been doing wrong the whole time now... 

After carefully studying ur video, I realised it is the purple buff, but also true friend iframes ur cat also :X thought it only iframes u not u and the cat...  wasted my cats dps during that 

And I don't always have the purple buff  XD 

Edit:  but I knew went wrong for me in f8 was he kept going iframe which my cat has him grappled XD so the def shred and the burst after was not applied, not sure how to avoid this tho XD 

dont pin/grapple him if hes about to do the Ice flower skill (he will resist the power pounce and all your atks even if hes down)

safe way to use power pounce + root combo:

1. after the initial aggro (after he grabs your cat)

2. after he do the ATK power buff skill (purple cricle aoe)

3. after he do the big Fire AoE in the Room

I can't watch the video atm (at work), but ..IMO people could also consider the following:

1.  Use Weed Whack after cat has KD/Pounced him. You get 16 seconds cooldown reduction on next cast. Basically free damage + root.

2. I don't really agree with people saying to stay in for every black aura cast. The damage buff he gives is good and all but the issue with taking too many stacks is that it will make recovery from any mistakes very difficult. I personally don't recommend taking more than 2 stacks, but it depends on your gear/dps i suppose.

3. Keep your cat alive at all costs. If it dies, its a wipe.  This can occur very very easily when your cat has taken too many stacks of the damage buff (which is also why i said don't take too many stacks in 2). 

4. If you get 2 ice phases (the one at the start is the hardest to skip), you most likely won't meet the enrage timer.

On 8.03.2016 г. at 11:53 PM, Enlainzer said:

just wanna show how i fight 3rd form Mushin (im at 180-200ms...

yes , minimum 400 ap . i test it wil true profan and i fail . need to be at least 400 ap with good crit and good combos .

It is entirely possible with profane. I normally have around 250-300 ping and I am consistently able to clear it with 379 ap/54% crit with 5 to 40 seconds to spare depending on what mushin feels like resisting. You can even go slightly over time if you have him CC'd past the timer. My method is slightly different however and it also involves the use of taunt. 

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I don't get it. I don't see any DCDs activated, but that red AoE completely destroys my summoner even with X and Shroud/F and barely hurts the one in the vid?

If you mean the fire aoe that he does when he jumps to the middle of the room and does 4 attacks that increase in size. They are using the potions that drop or you can buy from the mushin tower npc. The ones that give invisibility for so many seconds. 

I just position myself to where i will only get hit by 2/4 of the rings and then use the 5hit invisibility/5sec version of X. Then the rest I do can only be done with good ping but I used to use those pots instead and if they are on cd i would use x. 

13 minutes ago, kitcalie said:

I just position myself to where i will only get hit by 2/4 of the rings and then use the 5hit invisibility/5sec version of X. Then the rest I do can only be done with good ping but I used to use those pots instead and if they are on cd i would use x. 

Basically what I was doing on the most successful wipe, I was trying to I-frame the expanding fire AoE and keep him from getting on me like white on rice with cc's, because I initially iframed his violations of my personal space, and AoE just annihilated my character. I don't know. I really do not want to try it again, and I am thinking if I manage to eke it out somehow, there are 6 more floors to go, and if they go up in difficulty from there and I can do eight barely, I am just not ready for it.

21 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Basically what I was doing on the most successful wipe, I was trying to I-frame the expanding fire AoE and keep him from getting on me like white on rice with cc's, because I initially iframed his violations of my personal space, and AoE just annihilated my character. I don't know. I really do not want to try it again, and I am thinking if I manage to eke it out somehow, there are 6 more floors to go, and if they go up in difficulty from there and I can do eight barely, I am just not ready for it.

The only really challenging fights from 9-15 are 14 and 15.  Otherwise it's just beating mechanics assuming you have around 475-500AP and decent crit.

9 - Get to one of the orbs as soon as he jumps in the center

10 - block/avoid projectile bombs - Smash 4 boxes (one at a time) for 5 sec immunity to zone wide AEs

11 - Smash gourds to drop his shield.

12 - Figure out the best mix of heals and/or dummies to deal with the waves of mobs and AE them down - Boss after is actually a joke. (I use 3 dummies on one side and heal the rest of the time)

13 - Fight Fujinn or Rajinn from Nayru Labyrinth (Different names but basically the same fights)

14 - Takes practice

15 - Takes a LOT of practice

I'd say (assuming you're sufficiently geared)  Floors 9-13 are easier than floor 8.

Archived