Suggestion: Allow to salvage non-store outfits with RNG chance to get fabric

Alysha Hawkeye

I know NCSoft wants to promote their outfit sales, and players have to buy outfits from the store to get fabric for transmuting outfit box.

Still, as outfit in this game is pretty much RNG-based to get, it would be disheartening to just destroy ones that you manage to get, but already have/cannot wear. Like getting Twin-boss outfit tickets from the wheel as a Lyn girl, just to discover that you cannot wear them. Or in a streak of luck, you manage to get like 5 outfits and adornments on the roll, just to destroy them cuz they worth nothing except for one copper if you already have them in your wardrobe.

So, to ensure that NCSoft still get their outfit sales secured and to make these lucky drops not a waste, I suggest to allow salvaging non-stsore outfits for fabric too. It is RNG-based, and you mostly gets a ruined piece of fabric that worth one copper. However, if you're lucky, you will get a piece of normal fabric, or even a high-quality one. The higher quality the outfit is, the better chance for you to get your fabric.

Meanwhile, store-bought outfits always give you 100% chance to get fabric.

Of course, outfits that can be mass bought like faction outfit should be excluded from being salvageable.

I heard they removed the salvage on non cash outfits because of bots (can anyone confirm this?). If so, they gave priority to a cosmetic farm over progress item farm that's being currently botted the hell out of it (soulstones/terrors). If they removed them because of bots, they should just put them back on and realize it does nothing but gimp other players on cosmetics. 

The other problem is, after changing the salvage option to cash shop outfits only, they didn't tune down the fabrics needed for the original intended use, neither the transmute outfits (success rate is low, combined with some more rng to get the one you want, making it grindy) nor the faction uniform clan craft (500 fabrics, yea right Lol). As someone who collects outfits, ye this bothered me so much.

./signed

Agree with this 100%.  It's absolutely ridiculous that the high quality outfit pouch costs 10 regular fabris and (3-5?) high quality.  I mean, regular fabrics are currently 5-6g each for crying out loud, and high quality around 3g each.  Do the math thats like 60g for one pouch and that's not even guaranteeing success OR the outfit you want.  Really?  Please fix this.  :(  I've been wanting highborn for my warlock so bad, but no way am I going to spend that much gold on something that I'll likely not even get. 

yesterday i got 3d costume from Dokumo. It's after 2 month of play. What i do with it? Yes, Discarded... Why can't we salvage those almost rare costume from group dangeons for 1 or random 1-2 fabtic or something else nice?

Yes to the topic. Seriously, they don't even need to give as much fabric as ones from the store, but at least give them a chance to. I hated it when I got certain outfits multiple times and couldn't just save them for other characters since they're untradable. So my only options were...sell the extras for 1 copper each, or destroy them. What a waste. Or, have the rarer costumes from dungeons/fortune wheels and whatnot be salvageable at least. I can sort of understand not allowing the salvaging of ones you can just buy or faction ones, but the other ones are all RNG...

Not long time ago I posted screenshot that was shoving that in wardrobe some cosutumes DID show option of slavage (epic ones that drops) but when you got that costume you had no such option (even though I think you could do it on CN) after my post they fixed it wardrobe not it doesn't show that option at all- means they removed it themselves to take more money.

/signed Agree

I agree to adding salvaging non cash shop outfits for fabric. 

Mainly as I do not want to spend real life cash to buy an outfit, then salvage it for fabric, to then have an RNG chance at getting the outfit I want with the fabrics. 

Archived