Galeforce vs Mighty cleave

Terimac

From what I can see, most destroyers will go with the mighty cleave. We don't really need much mobility with hurricane to migitate damage. I recently got the hongmoon tier 5 stage 2 of emberstomp and i'm loving that. I use emberstomp and then fury and I can ignore all attacks and go full burst on a boss. Works like a charm.

On 3/7/2016 at 3:32 PM, Terimac said:

Yo,

So which skill do you think will be most used and why? Do you think galeforce will stop the need to ani-cancel lmb/rmb and let us be more mobile?

Galeforce requires Eradicate to use. Repulse is the second attack in the chain if you take Eradicate (Eradicate -> Repulse -> Eradicate -> Repulse -> etc). Eradicate/Galeforce are for dungeon PvE play, being the AoE damage alternative to Cleave. Most people don't spec Shadow, so it's a no-brainer that you won't take Galeforce.

17 hours ago, Brainy said:

In my case, neither.

For PvP, I take the one with ignore defense.

For PvE, I stick with hp / focus regen.

Both are additional proc abilities which are bound to F. They do not replace Cleave or Eradicate at all.

41 minutes ago, HUnewearl said:

Both are additional proc abilities which are bound to F. They do not replace Cleave or Eradicate at all.

Well, Mighty Cleave does replace Cleave T5 S2.

The other one I don't care for, since it's on a 24 sec cd for 2 points.

This is my personal preference, though.

17 hours ago, Brainy said:

This is my personal preference, though.

No, Mighty Cleave supplements rather than replaces Cleave. Like Upward Block at T4S1 Axe Sweep, the point just gives you access to a new ability and does not change the base ability from its previous tier. Mighty Cleave is on F, so the Cleave you're using is exactly the same as the T4. If you never hit F to activate Mighty Cleave after a critical Cleave, then nothing at all would change aside from losing 2 points to take the ability. Here are Eradicate and Galeforce in action to see how it works (I couldn't find a video of Mighty Cleave, but it's the same way).

So here are your options for Cleave:

1. If you take S1, you get just regular AoE cleave. I don't know what you'd use this for, honestly. It's expensive for low damage, bolstered only by its 2x8m AoE. Someone else might know, but I do not. Sorry.
  2. If you take S2, you get single-target Cleave with defense penetration (cannot counter or block on the ground), good for PvP for fairly obvious reasons.
  3. If you take S3, you get single-target healing Cleave with Mighty Cleave, which is an AoE/DoT supplement for PvE play which also helps recover Focus. S3 is for PvE, even though it's the gold standard right now for PvP because T4S2 Cleave is total crap.
  4. If you take S4, you get Eradicate/Repulse on RMB with Galeforce, which is an other damage/focus supplement for Shadow-based dungeon builds. Since no-one uses Shadow builds even for PvE, it's largely ignored.

You didn't understand me. It DOES replace the Cleave I want:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleave Tier 5 Form 2 skill_attack_earth.png

tooltip-icon

Deals 48 ~ 56 [4.00] earth damageskill_attack_earth.png

Deals 18 ~ 21 [1.50] additional earth damage to Knockdown, Grappled enemiesskill_attack_earth.png

Penetrates Defense, Deflect

Maximum speed

Can be used while using Grab

Inflicts 1 stack of Bleed for 10 sec

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I will wait and see how it will actually work in practice.

16 hours ago, Brainy said:

You didn't understand me. It DOES replace the Cleave I want:

Anyway, I will wait and see how it will actually work in practice.

I don't think we're on the same page here. What you're saying makes no sense to me.

Mighty Cleave is on Stage 3, not Stage 2. Stage 3 is the variant with health recovery. Tier 5 Stage 3 Cleave is the same as Tier 4, except that you can also use Mighty Cleave (which is bound to F). Your right mouse button does the same thing with T5S3 Cleave as it did with T4S3 Cleave. Nothing is replaced; you just have the ability to hit F to use an additional attack called Mighty Cleave.

Tier 5 Stage 2 penetrates defenses and has no additional attack. This is a separate variant from Stage 3.

The word "replace" does not fit in any way with what Mighty Cleave does.

@HUnewearl

Ok, let me explain again what I'm trying to say.

Mighty Cleave is an alternative for the Cleave left of it on the same row. Column 2 row 5 to be more exact (the one I pasted above).

If you take Mighty Cleave, you won't be able to take the Cleave I am talking about, hence the word "replace".

I'm pretty sure most of the players who PvP will take the Cleave with the "penetrates defense" over Mighty Cleave / Galeforce and maybe some even for PvE against those annoying blocking mobs.

OP was wondering which one will be picked by players, I am just saying my opinion, which is neither, for the reasons I already explained.

7 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

Tier 5 Stage 2 penetrates defenses and has no additional attack. This is a separate variant from Stage 3.

This is the one I'm talking about and I don't know why you make it sound like it's out of the question to take it because it's a "separate variant from Stage 3". Well, Galeforce is also a "separate variant". They are all "separate variants" ...and they do "replace" each other.

I hope this clears out what I'm trying to say,

If you want to argue just for the sake of argument, please don't do it.

5 hours ago, Brainy said:

@HUnewearl

Mighty Cleave is an alternative for the Cleave left of it on the same row. Column 2 row 5 to be more exact (the one I pasted above).

If you take Mighty Cleave, you won't be able to take the Cleave I am talking about, hence the word "replace".

I'm pretty sure most of the players who PvP will take the Cleave with the "penetrates defense" over Mighty Cleave / Galeforce and maybe some even for PvE against those annoying blocking mobs.

OP was wondering which one will be picked by players, I am just saying my opinion, which is neither, for the reasons I already explained.

This is the one I'm talking about and I don't know why you make it sound like it's out of the question to take it because it's a "separate variant from Stage 3". Well, Galeforce is also a "separate variant". They are all "separate variants" ...and they do "replace" each other.

If you want to argue just for the sake of argument, please don't do it.

So its actually NOT replacing your cleave, you just don't want to spec into it. It would be silly to go T5F2 for PvE since it lacks the focus regen. In PvP I can only see it being useful against BM's.

18 hours ago, Brainy said:

@HUnewearl

Okay, I see where you're going. When you said earlier,

On 3/8/2016 at 7:51 AM, Brainy said:

In my case, neither.

For PvP, I take the one with ignore defense.

For PvE, I stick with hp / focus regen.

I wanted to point out that for PvE, you said you would be using the variant with HP and focus regen, and that is the one with Mighty Cleave. That's why I said that Mighty Cleave doesn't replace anything. For PvE, I think Mighty Cleave is probably worth the 2 points. The damage is a nice boost, and it recovers rather than costs Focus, so I think it's a worthwhile supplement to the regular T4S3 Cleave. I certainly wouldn't use it for PvP, though. It is prioritized over Knee, so it can easily ruin your entire CC chain. Much better to use either T5S2 or T4S3.

On 09.03.2016 at 9:18 AM, Brainy said:

Quoting myself.

After that point I made it clear, even copy pasted the exact skill I was talking about. You kept saying it doesn't replace it.

Sheesh, is it hard to read ?

Anyway, I'm out of this discussion. I hope OP got an idea over what people will like more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived