Anyone else feelt his game is dead, lots of destroyer bot hackers in PvP arena

Mysticstrider

On 2/26/2016 at 9:41 AM, Vexe said:

-I think he never even finishes his grabs, just the same attack

This is one huge telltale sign of a Destroyer botting. Any destroyer, regardless of skill level, won't just drop his grab at the end of the 6 seconds. Usually we Z slam or some try to 4 and toss you in the air. Hell I used to even C for style points when I know the enemy would die.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing sin , is easy to point out the advanced destroyer and KFM bots, u flash them and they dont even get a sec of blindy, they always jump to you, as if nothing were happened. I noticed also that after a bomb or chain kick which they should be on floor, for a while butthat doesnt happens, insta stand and spin, this is making me not renew the membership this month, who wants to spend money in game for fighting against hackers, and what about the tag match? U join a squad and then u have to fight alone, or, when u are lucky u get a squad of bots, in which at least u get easy beans, still sux, bcuz as a gamer i preffer to challenge real people instead get free stuff.

The only  reason bots exist in the first place is there's too many people who are losers that keep feeding them. Which in turn is due to what WoW did to MMO's with the instant gratification and buying gold is that. They need to ban the bots and ban anyone who's bought gold cause they're the reason the bots keep coming back. I still don't get after MMO's have had this bot problem for many years and there's been no detection system to catch repetitive action that gives away that they're botting. Also it can't be hard for a GM to log into any server and just start instant banning accounts that spam with gold.

Also one way I propose to save arena would be to add an Authentication method before each queue and have it be like a rotating variety of them so a scripted program couldn't just get around it. Yes it would be annoying but it would make botting arena a lot more difficult.

It's not "dying" but I feel like there's been a pretty huge dropoff. This game is like a cheap thrills action movie. It's fun in small doses, but there's really nothing to it. The PVE is absolute dogshit, and there is nothing to do outside of arena or a small handful of instances. If you realllllly love arena, then this game is awesome. If you want to do pretty much anything else, it's terrible. It's an extremely shallow MMORPG, but the combat is so good, it manages to be fun. I'm not sure how much longer the combat is going to carry it for me. Probably around the time WoW launches their next expansion will be around the time when I suddenly stop playing.  

On 25/02/2016 at 2:13 PM, Vexe said:

That childish behavior is exactly why I'm telling you to grow up.

Bots aren't literally everywhere. As someone in EU, I could get 2 characters to lv45 middle/late gold without meeting a single one in PvP. I don't even ever see any bots farming world boss essences, nor any traveling boxers.

you clearly dont see the Bigger Picture here...there are lots of people fighting against bots and hackers and they report that fact everyday...for some weird reason you keep having this strong opinion that there're not so many and its not that big of a deal. The sad truth is that it is a BIG deal and the game is almost dead if not already, cause of these exploits. But the most surprising thing is that there is no response from the Developers.. nothing that says they will even just try to fix this.. RIP 

On 28.2.2016 at 2:19 PM, Zhornitsky said:

I still don't get after MMO's have had this bot problem for many years and there's been no detection system to catch repetitive action that gives away that they're botting. Also it can't be hard for a GM to log into any server and just start instant banning accounts that spam with gold.

It's not that simple.

Detection systems are evolving, but the same applies to bots. If a system detects repeating keys, all the bots have to do is randomize which strategy the bot picks, add random key presses between commands or randomize an attack. Both developers and bot programmers are humans.

As for hiring human GMs...well, that costs extra money, the GMs need to be educated (remember those topics where people got falsely accused of buying/selling money, despite them iirc just using the official currency exchange?) and bots may be coming to spam faster than NCsoft can handle (not sure about this). Then again, you don't even need to hire anyone for gold spamming. Look at TERA, send messages to public channels in a suspicious way and it'll mute you for X minutes.

On 26/02/2016 at 0:10 PM, Zhornitsky said:

That video the destroyer is not a bot. The bots all start by running at you and leaping and then swinging and maybe grabbing you then doing nothing in the grab not chaining it. (game 2 started differently than game 1 by the player) The thing that gives away that it isnt a bot is the random swings the bot was making as if he was spam clicking which the bots dont really do they just run at you trying to hit you. You just have to play it safe and figure out their pattern. There's 2 patterns I've noticed that basically give away if its a bot one being the thing i already mentioned other one is based on how they move in beginning harder to explain.

this is not so... i made a guide about dealing with the bots and the 3 bot patterns that i noticed (so far). so i can say for sure that there are 3 known bot patterns. However this is obvious for ppl who have faced bots through various stages of the ladder the stages i think are within ranges of 1500-1600. 1600-1750 and 1750-1800+ obviously differently coded bots can reach a higher rank if they keep facing ppl who dont know how to deal with them and they get farmed..... example a slightly good coded bot that would normally be in range of 1600-1750 can find its way to 1800+  or an 1800+ bot could also find its way down in the 1700s depending on the matchup that they get. However from my personal experience there are 3 known bot starting patterns.

Pattern 1 1500s: Bot uses red looking immune then do 2 frontal swings like a pendulum then proceed to chase  u spamming the normal LB animation.

Pattern 2 1600s: Bot jumps straight at u which does a stun then proceeds to lockdown. If u avoid the initial jump/stun the bot then proceeds to do 2 frontal swings like a pendulum then casually walk towards u.

Pattern 3 1800s: Bot starts by using Red spin otherwise known as Red Tornado Spin or Fiery Spin, then slowly makes its way towards u. as can be quite obvious this is a more difficult type of bot and can be harder to deal with as its coded differently.

As for how i know they are bots? I main assassin and have observed all these bot patterns and there are simple ways to identify them as bots.

Stage 1: They are dumb as *cricket* and repetitive in what they do.

Stage 2: They easily fit the known bot patterns.

Stage 3: Their names, clothing and weapons are dead giveaway, granted that some of them have half decent names and might seem like legit players..... but lets move on.

Stage 4: They tab escape the slightest of cc that does anything except for when they have backroll/retreat available which they do almost immediately within a 0.2 sec margin.

Stage 5: The see all, know all..... again i am an assassin so guess where i am coming from

Stage 6: the most obvious and 100% way to know they are bots. they always face u going back to stage 5, they face u when webbed, stunned, dazed, grounded or iced and this is true for all bots seen from 1500s-1800s. They are programmed to always lock-on to the target. No player can 100% chase a pseudo-invisible assassin that disappears from view as well as no player can turn and face another direction while cc'd regardless of cc. for example a simple cc like FM root will stop any player from facing another direction, sure u can turn ur camera in that direction; but the character cannot face that direction and use directional skills that require u to be facing the target. 

So to conclude.... IMO an assassin has the best tools to identify what is a bot and what is not. Assassins are also affected the most by the bots in arena as their kit is dependent on outplaying and outsmarting the opponent and the best way to do this is to manipulate their perception and the information they receive, however bots see all and know all so this is almost not possible. Now with all that said assassins do have ways to win against the bots safely 99% of the time and are skill dependent on whether they win the other 1%. Very rare do these bots get me below 50% HP even when i am playing my absolute worst unless ofc i happen to fall within that 1% due to circumstances etc.

But as someone else pointed out... because they arent being seen or can be beaten easily, doesnt mean thet the problem doesnt exist and needs to be taken care of.

Archived