HOLY CHRIST THIS LAG!!

Skyfire

3 hours ago, Eves said:

You can try this, worked for me pretty well.

Nagle’s Algorithm

Nagle’s algorithm combines several small packets into a single, larger packet for more efficient transmissions. This is designed to improve throughput efficiency of data transmission. Disabling “nagling” can help reduce latency/ping in some games. Nagle’s algorithm is enabled in Windows by default.

To implement this tweak, modify the following registry keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC-id}
For the {NIC-id}, look for the one with your IP address listed. Under this {NIC-id} key, create the following DWORD value:

• TcpAckFrequency and set it to 1 to disable “nagling” for gaming.
  • TCPNoDelay and set it also to 1 to disable “nagling”
  • TcpDelAckTicks and set it to 0

Note: Some reports say that the tweaks did reduce latency when playing Dota 2 and League of Legends but it doesn’t work for some. I have tried it and my latency improved from 110 to 90ms (SEA Server) when playing Dota 2.

Network Throttling Index

Windows implements a network throttling mechanism, the idea behind such throttling is that processing of network packets can be a resource-intensive task. It is beneficial to turn off such throttling for achieving maximum throughput.

To implement this tweak, run regedit and modify the registryHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile.

Under SystemProfile, create a DWORD value and name it to “NetworkThrottlingIndex” then set its Hexadecimal value to ffffffff for gaming and max throughput: ffffffff completely disables throttling.

System Gaming Responsiveness

Multimedia streaming and some games that uses “Multimedia Class Scheduler” service (MMCSS) can only utilize up to 80% of the CPU. The “Multimedia Class Scheduler” service (MMCSS) ensures prioritized access to CPU resources, without denying CPU resources to lower-priority background applications.

To implement this tweak, run regedit and modify the registry keyHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile.

From there, create a new DWORD and name it to “SystemResponsiveness” set its hexadecimal value to 00000000 for pure gaming/streaming.

In the same Registry hive as the above tweak, you can also change the priority of Games. To implement this tweak, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games and change the following registry values:

• “GPU Priority” change its values to 8 for gaming.
  • “Priority” set to 6 for gaming.

dont forget to restart your PC :-)

I really want to follow all these instructions but it sounds confusing as hell, I am afraid of accidentally screwing everything up by doing something wrong. Is there a simplified versions of these instructions? 

On 2/23/2016 at 1:57 AM, STR4ng3r said:

I was considering a software like WTFast, but I guess my lazyness has beaten up this effort :D
I'll try it and see if it will improve anything. Thanks for the suggestion, even though I considered it earlier, you convinced me to finally do it ;)

Ncsoft has stated in the past that they ban anyone who uses Wtfast.

Archived