Do you think BnS will be a true WoW killer?

Koter

On 17/02/2016 at 7:27 PM, Elvenmad said:

You do realise this game as been out live for over 4 years.

The game is very successful in Asia and part of Esports, but his version, hmm it is nothing like the other versions to be honest and that is apart from most of this version being broken or full of bugs and hacks. I have played CN (China) servers for around 4 years and love the game , but this version and business model personally I hate.

You prefer being able to buy top weapons from the cash shop?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, BnS can't rival WoW. If fact, no other MMORPG can rival it.

The only one that maybe can give a fair fight is FF XIV ARR, maybe.

That being said, Blizzard seems to be doing their best to kill it. WoD is like doing bungee jumping without a rope.

If they miss again with Legion, I don't know if they going to have another chance.

Personally, I don't believe in the whole xx-killer business. BnS *can* be your personal WoW killer/replacement and there's nothing wrong with it. I played WoW as a solo player moderately until Cataclysm, and I had enjoyed the "new" leveling experience. Obviously not eveything was gold that shined but for my particular taste and sudden shifts of boredom, where I may log out for no special reason (hence why I didn't bother with group play; I'm not that much of a jerk) I had my share of entertainment. Didn't regret paying subscription. After a long-ish burnout phase I switched to f2p MMOs: GW2 and now BnS since around last week to see how I fare with the - to me - hard to get used to egoshooter controls.

I read posts of people doing events in GW2 for 5 hours a day over many weeks to get achievement points (Winters Day) or running the same stuff for many hours a day and shook my head in disbelief. I'm fine with repeating content to a degree but know also what I can/want achieve + hopefully not complain about it *lol*. I play these games mainly because they are free as I'm not that good at action combat and for - again - the leveling process.

TLDR: If you have more fun with whatever your MMO priorities are in BnS etc than in WoW, you have found your WoW killer as long as the company (or negative reviews) don't mess up too much as to alienate both the current playerbase and newcomers.

Archived