Summoners should be banned from arena

elliv

43 minutes ago, elliv said:

I'm Destroyer

if you are any good you will have very easy time vs summoners as destroyer till 2k rating.

also if you want to ban summoners from 1v i want  to ban destroyers from 3v3 because they are absolutly broken in tag match.int+fury+ ani cancal= target die in 2 sec in tag match sooo balanced.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tired to see posts about the summoners in this maneer.We are not having lvl 50 patch,and as summoners we don't rely by ourselfs only .We don't have so many blocks ,so much high rate for stuns as for example a BM have ,we don't go from behind by hitting a single key and we don't rely to make half hp taken combos .i encountered nice BD and BM and KFM's in arena ,even some FM's that simply knew to play their class and wiped me out sooner then i could even breath .In patch 50 actually most of summoners will be weak comparing to other classes ,thats why in Korea players abandoned already the summy for other classes more reliable .Personally ,i hate the fact that if i loose cat i loose my stuns and part of my dps -that's why i'm lvling some other classes .I compared the amount of stuns /blocks /evades from every class i seen- and as it is now the summy in fact lacks in many aspects comparing to the others .Prolly in patch 50 i won't play summy anymore as main .And yes ,a good FM kicks me big time .A good assasin gets a free kill from me ,and the KFM's are simply imbatabile.BD its a joke ,can hit me with 2 combos and BM even worse. It depends if the player developed a strategy for playing against each class.

And why in the hell the whole flock of kids are watching all time some other ''master '' opininons? Stop doing that ppls ,think with own mind and develop strategies ,stop ranting in forums for such a very squishy class that actually,its not unbeatable.Stop asking for banning ppls that actually have same rights to play the game ,just as you.We all should share fun ,and makes me sick to see every day new posts about the class i choosed to play .You love the summy in pve and you like their support in parties ,yet in pvp you want it to be banned ,nerfed ,wiped out of game .Ewwh.

1 minute ago, amorent said:

Stopped reading right there, did you try mashing sunflower harder while your cat holds us in grapple?there must be your problem

I said about good BM'sand BD's. And don't assume every summoner its an unskilled player that its smashing buttons without knowledge about their class.

Being a summy does not make you unskilled.As all other classes we do have weak points too.

I have this mental image of a man completing a perfect pole vault, but not realizing the other side is a drop off. It's funny how people will gracefully, wittily, sarcastically imply that they are somehow lacking. Bonus points if the realization never hits.

6 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

First of all, congratulations. Second of all:

ge_QAAAAAAAA.jpg

Yeah, Summoners just literally smash their heads on their keyboard and win.

This works both ways around too; the cat can hit the person being air comboed. Meanwhile every other melee class just stands there and do nothing. The class literally has everything that others don't.

But pretty much Summoners hard counter every class except Destroyers (who can spin2win resist everything thrown at them) and Kung Fu Masters (who can stunlock both the summoner and cat) and the amount of tools they have are ridiculous:

• Cat itself is a hurtbox and facetanks anything we try to throw at the Summoner, has a ton of HP to shave off (about half of what the Summoner themselves have), and they can go into tank mode to heal anything we throw at it. Even if we kill it, the Summoner can just Dandelion, camp, and revive the damn cat with full HP, making all our efforts for naught.
  • Dandelion is stupidly superior than Assassin's Decoy in every way: longer counter window, invincibility frames, doesn't put the Summoner in a vulnerable position (behind the target, who can just 180 and hit us), MUCH stronger shield, higher HP regeneration, and incredibly huge damage reduction.
  • Two ranged resist skills. Assassins and Force Masters only have one; they have twice the amount of ranged resist than we do.
  • Root the summoner in place? They respond with cat hammering, so they have no reason to use their escapes.
  • Force and Kung Fu Masters can turn into ice? It benefits the Summoner since it lowers their cooldowns.
  • Cat Mount. Can't be countered, 18 second cooldown which is half of the Tab escape and is pretty much the only way to escape it for most classes, 50% defense reduction, and Summoner just pew pews your helpless corpse (every other grapple class has limited options).
  • Cat Air Combo. Again, it's not the cat jumping into the air, its the fact that it can hit you along with the Summoner and the guy doing their combo, when every other melee class can't.
  • Giant healing numbers on both Summoner and cat.
  • Sleep the cat? Summoner just Dandelions, hide behind the cat, and get free hits while everyone else has to reposition themselves to not hit the cat.
  • Go after the cat? It takes a while to shave off, meanwhile the summoner's own damage is relatively huge even if the cat is CC'd.
  • Stealth? They have a wealth of tools made to disable stealth, regardless of who we go after first. It's virtually impossible for an Assassin to get anywhere near them.
  • Ridiculously low cooldowns on pretty much everything in their kit.

This^

e-SPORTS #FAIL! Reason that this game will never be E-sports on the EU/NA markets is this stupid decisions from Devs to not nerf down the OP'est class in this game! 

Bad part is that the Summoner is OP at the 50 cap too, so dw you will never get the chance to beat it or the Summoners themselfs the chance to L2P the game and the mechanics to make a combo! C+TAB X+TAB = win gg wp best summoner of the world! 

Just enjoy this game until something better is on the market and let it die!

30 minutes ago, elliv said:

This^

The screenshot is of a character that was banned for permanent True-Friend iFrame hack.

No wonder that character never lost a fight, when it was impossible deal any dmg to it. Thats also why you see a diamond player with only 31 matches (probably all in same day). Most dia players have over 1k fight.

1 minute ago, nahoot said:

e-SPORTS #FAIL! Reason that this game will never be E-sports on the EU/NA markets is this stupid decisions from Devs to not nerf down the OP'est class in this game! 

Bad part is that the Summoner is OP at the 50 cap too, so dw you will never get the chance to beat it or the Summoners themselfs the chance to L2P the game and the mechanics to make a combo! C+TAB X+TAB = win gg wp best summoner of the world! 

Just enjoy this game until something better is on the market and let it die!

EU (2 days ago) : Top10 = 2 summoners (1 already reported 2 times on forum for 0 CD hack)

NA (today posted on forum) : Top25 = 4 Summoners.

Imba?

On 3/10/2016 at 1:59 AM, SkoobyDoo said:

if you are any good you will have very easy time vs summoners as destroyer till 2k rating.

also if you want to ban summoners from 1v i want  to ban destroyers from 3v3 because they are absolutly broken in tag match.int+fury+ ani cancal= target die in 2 sec in tag match sooo balanced.

As a BM, I love seeing a Destro in Arena, even 3 v 3. If they interrupt, I interrupt and get an easy stuncombo for those five seconds. Their ani-cancel is also ripe for the Parry because so many spam it once you get stunned. As for Fury, a simple KD will get rid of that. As a BM, your 3 and X (kick) should do it when properly spec'd.

I don't mind any matchup, but the summoner. The other classes at least I know how to deal with, the summoner is just... Ugh, while I'm bursting down the cat, the person is taking half my HP. If I'm bursting down the summoner, the cat is CCing me and within the few seconds I'm stunlocked, he's healed nearly all of his HP (the summoner). In 3 v 3? Forget about it. In my 10 years of MMO gaming, I've never encountered a class with a built-in tank, equal DPS power as other classes, ranged DPS at that, good counters and good CC.

But I digress, maybe I just need to get better. I think the thing I hate most is how summoners can heal their summon, and their summon can heal them. Also, the cat has as much freaking HP as me. Definitely a tough matchup. e.e

17 minutes ago, Akamu said:

As a BM, I love seeing a Destro in Arena, even 3 v 3. If they interrupt, I interrupt and get an easy stuncombo for those five seconds. Their ani-cancel is also ripe for the Parry because so many spam it once you get stunned. As for Fury, a simple KD will get rid of that. As a BM, your 3 and X (kick) should do it when properly spec'd.

I don't mind any matchup, but the summoner. The other classes at least I know how to deal with, the summoner is just... Ugh, while I'm bursting down the cat, the person is taking half my HP. If I'm bursting down the summoner, the cat is CCing me and within the few seconds I'm stunlocked, he's healed nearly all of his HP (the summoner). In 3 v 3? Forget about it. In my 10 years of MMO gaming, I've never encountered a class with a built-in tank, equal DPS power as other classes, ranged DPS at that, good counters and good CC.

But I digress, maybe I just need to get better. I think the thing I hate most is how summoners can heal their summon, and their summon can heal them. Also, the cat has as much freaking HP as me. Definitely a tough matchup. e.e

A few tips from a summoner:

- Try to force the summoner to use his escape (2) - summoner only has 1 hard escape and when that is used, you pull your lightning draw combo.

- Flock of blades are your friend, and too many summoners don´t know that it blocks ranged attacks and heals you.

- Deflect and stun whenever your main skills are on cooldown.

- Summoners that doesn´t take care of their cat, kill the cat first - summoners that use taunt and specced beckon - go for the summoner and especially if you noticed the cat used anklebiter (swipe) and the daze attack already (summoner only has these 2 attacks from cat that can stop your grab).

Archived