Summoners should be banned from arena

elliv

1 minute ago, Zooks said:

So you're saying that he lost because the ~1750 ELO Summoners were just better players? He lost because he was playing a BM into a bunch of Summoners which happen to be BM's worst matchup. He has two character in Diamond on NA, and didn't have problems with Summoner on them. 

And you're saying that is impossible and never had happened before in any type of game, sport, or even Olympic matches?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jaesung was severely handicapped, playing in a server where his class doesn't have the tools it normally does. What's more, we don't know how talented this summoner actually was. Stop thinking all rats are the same. Some may actually have a modicum of talent, at least enough to beat a handicapped champ.

Saying Jaesung's time is over is way to early. Let that summoner face him after we catch up to other servers and we'll probably see a blade master wipe the floor with the summoner. If Jaesung faced the guy here with another class, results probably would have been different. 

Just now, Elfae said:

And you're saying that is impossible and never had happened before in any type of game, sport, or even Olympic matches?

This would be the equivalent of an Olympian losing to a high school athlete. BM's are not good this patch, and Summoners poop all over them. It's really not that difficult to understand. He never said they were OP. He said BM's should just do PVE until 50. 

27 minutes ago, Elfae said:

Yeah, I get he's a big shot and all. But the game of throne dictates a new ass to be seated once a while. Which is why I asked why Jaesung's ass kicked by a summoner has something to do with the class and not with the player that played the class to kick Jaesung's ass. No one is the best forever. One day, champions will lose to someone better, or even a complete a--hole, green horn, and nobody.

So can people be a bit more mature and logical and discuss what went wrong with this champion's match that he ultimately defeated by someone who happened to play as summoner at that time?

Wow...... even as a summoner main I concede that summoner vs assassin or BM is complete and other BS. Summoner may not be OP against the likes of destroyer, trying to rationalize that Jaesung, the world champion, who got diamond on 2 other classes very easily was being out skilled is just plain silly.

Also, video games esports are greatly influenced by an outside party called the devs. They basically decide what body you are given to compete with and this case it was like giving the world champion boxer a body of the average 10 year old and told to compete against athletic adults in their early to mid 20s in boxing. He may still have the experience, but he doesn't have the muscle to hit hard.

Basically, the only thing im seeing here are summoners who know theyre overpowered, and wont admit it. And they know that when level 50 happens, the game will finally be balance, not the retarded "all summoners are balance, all over classes just to learn how to play the game". Thats all the defenders really want is to be powerful the whole time, but I personally want the balance to be now, because its utter blueshift that we have to wait for the game to be balance... 

27 minutes ago, Zooks said:

This would be the equivalent of an Olympian losing to a high school athlete. BM's are not good this patch, and Summoners poop all over them. It's really not that difficult to understand. He never said they were OP. He said BM's should just do PVE until 50. 

Okay, that is more reasonable than any replies I got so far in this thread. And yes, Summoner indeed has the upper hand in this patch while BM receive the opposite treatment. Why am I arguing if I already know that? Because the OP says "Jaesung lost to a summoner." Meaning he lost to a person who played a summoner but the thread has forgotten that there is a person behind that summoner, and the possibility that the player may indeed be more skilled than Jaesung than any fanboy/girl here like to admit. So to agree with the OP would mean to stereotype anyone with a summoner can defeat Jaesung, the champion and "Jesus" of BnS, therefore this class (and not the player behind it) is indisputably broken. And it would be far to stupid of person to agree to that without anymore logical and unbiased reason to support it.

"Summoners are OP and should be nerfed" - Players, back by data in the form of the ranking lists and stream video 

"Summoners are perfectly balanced and not OP" - Scummoners who don't want their class nerfed so they'd actually have to work for their wins

"BEYBLAAAAADE! LET IT RIP!" - Blade Cancers

Story time:
I was dueling in arena. Was always tossed around in gold back and forth back and forth. I was winning, I was losing. But I knew I had to get better, I knew I need keep trying, even though it all looked like a deja vu. I was almost on my downfall, everything looked so pointless, it was losing all the meaning.............aaaaaaaaaaand then I rerolled summoner. Already a plat and not even level 40 lololololol #classneedsskilltoplay

and yes, I made up this story, but it's pretty much most summoners in this game :)

@Dreeamer0526: Slightly disagree. Summoners are overpowered at earlier skill levels. In higher level of play they hard counter the current weakest class in game and do decently against all but the 2 classes that hard counter them. That's the view of this summoner at least.

Also, are we getting level 50 when we get warlock? If so, pretty sure I read it would be March 2 or something similar. If it was unannounced I'd see your point. But as it stands that's not long at all. Personally, I'm looking forward to the patch. It'll hopefully leave the people who actually enjoy summoner still playing it while the rest will jump on the new bandwagon, possibly warlock or KFM.

@Deuljwi: "Random rude comment adding nothing to the discussion" - Pretty much everyone.

I played BM. On that character I'm hovering between 1700 and 1800 in 1v1 and got platinum in Tag Match. I'm the only BM I ever meet since nobody plays the class anymore.

I got sick of being stuck due to what I perceived as class imbalance (and the 200+ latency doesn't help melee classes, EU servers ftl), so I rerolled a Summoner. I got 1910 in 1v1 in less than 100 matches and in Tag Match it took me less than 60 matches to get 1931, which are the ratings I have right now on that character. I never bothered looking up any "guide" on how to play it. I just leveled it to 45, made my own talent spec, entered arena, and beat pretty much everything with no effort until 1800 at which it required slightly more effort but still wasn't challenging.

6 minutes ago, Elfae said:

Okay, that is more reasonable than any replies I got so far in this thread. And yes, Summoner indeed has the upper hand in this patch while BM receive the opposite treatment. Why am I arguing if I already know that? Because the OP says "Jaesung lost to a summoner." Meaning he lost to a person who played a summoner so the thread has forgotten about the possibility that the player may indeed be more skilled than Jaesung than any fanboy/girl here like to admit. So to agree with the OP would mean to stereotype anyone with a summoner can defeat Jaesung, the champion and "Jesus" of BnS, therefore this class (and not the player behind it) is indisputably broken. And it would be far to stupid of person to agree to that without anymore logical and unbiased reason to support it.

Summoner is indisputably brokenly OP in the SMN/BM matchup. The Summoner was not more skilled than Jaesung. He has:

Won 2014 worlds

Won 2014 S4 

Won Gamemeca 2014

2nd place 2014 S5

2nd place 2015 S1

3rd place 2014 King of PVP

and a few more...

The Summoners got to 1800 on the NA ladder during a patch where they are extremely strong. 

Could the Summoner(s) have conceivably been better than Jaesung? Sure. Could an Olympian conceivably lose to a high school athlete? Sure. How likely are those two things actually happening? Pretty small chance, The more likely explanation is that Jaesung was playing the worst class this patch with 125 ping into a matchup that is very nearly impossible to win.

13 minutes ago, Kure said:

@Dreeamer0526: Slightly disagree. Summoners are overpowered at earlier skill levels. In higher level of play they hard counter the current weakest class in game and do decently against all but the 2 classes that hard counter them. That's the view of this summoner at least.

Also, are we getting level 50 when we get warlock? If so, pretty sure I read it would be March 2 or something similar. If it was unannounced I'd see your point. But as it stands that's not long at all. Personally, I'm looking forward to the patch. It'll hopefully leave the people who actually enjoy summoner still playing it while the rest will jump on the new bandwagon, possibly warlock or KFM.

@Deuljwi: "Random rude comment adding nothing to the discussion" - Pretty much everyone.

No, we arent getting level 50 content with warlock. All were getting is 8th floor of mushin, a dungeon (6 or 4 man) and warlock. 

21 minutes ago, Elfae said:

Okay, that is more reasonable than any replies I got so far in this thread. And yes, Summoner indeed has the upper hand in this patch while BM receive the opposite treatment. Why am I arguing if I already know that? Because the OP says "Jaesung lost to a summoner." Meaning he lost to a person who played a summoner but the thread has forgotten that there is a person behind that summoner, and the possibility that the player may indeed be more skilled than Jaesung than any fanboy/girl here like to admit. So to agree with the OP would mean to stereotype anyone with a summoner can defeat Jaesung, the champion and "Jesus" of BnS, therefore this class (and not the player behind it) is indisputably broken. And it would be far to stupid of person to agree to that without anymore logical and unbiased reason to support it.

Everyone and their dog knows that summoners are completely broken ! EU top 10 atm .... 6 Summoners ! Oh wait you gonna tell me that "well maybe they are just very good players who happen to play summoner" . .. suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure  and the reason we have a nose is to be able to wear glasses (because *cricket* logic ).

When i played ret paly in wow season 5 i knew damn well i was playing a broken as shit class and yet the forums were filled with ret pallys saying "no we are not broken you just need to l2p " . Same shit all other again those *cricket*ing summoners wouldnt admit taht they are broken even if they had a spell that could one shot .

Stop arguing about this whole Jaesung thing. It's incredibly pointless. So he won a bunch of tournaments. That literally only involved Asians. Big deal, lol. I won local chess tournaments too. Does that make me unbeatable and my opinion fact?

Besides, even if he were actually the best which is a terribly unfair assumption to make, the best can lose too.

3 minutes ago, Michieltjuhh said:

Stop arguing about this whole Jaesung thing. It's incredibly pointless. So he won a bunch of tournaments. That literally only involved Asians. Big deal, lol. I won local chess tournaments too. Does that make me unbeatable and my opinion fact?

Besides, even if he were actually the best which is a terribly unfair assumption to make, the best can lose too.

If you won a "local" tournament that involved the best players from several countries, that'd mean you're pretty good. I'd expect you to lose matches to those type of players. I wouldn't expect you to lose to someone from the local chess club. 

edit: You're right though. It is pointless. This is just one big whine thread, but I'm bored so why not partake in some internet QQ

2 minutes ago, Michieltjuhh said:

You know, thats incredibly racists lol. But you are somewhat right, were americans, we take advantage of all exploits hench summoners the biggest class right now. I like your idea, forget the whole game concept and forget the fact that jaesung has won those tournaments in the current server, now fruck that, we point the fact that his playing in the asian servers...

4 minutes ago, Zooks said:

Could the Summoner(s) have conceivably been better than Jaesung? Sure. Could an Olympian conceivably lose to a high school athlete? Sure. How likely are those two things actually happening? Pretty small chance, The more likely explanation is that Jaesung was playing the worst class this patch with 125 ping into a matchup that is very nearly impossible to win.

Does "pretty small chance/nearly impossible" mean there's no way it would happen? Plus, someone pointed out that there's no info on this summoner. So for all you know, that summoner could be a real professional. And right now, you are not proving summoner is broken because of of a technical reason. You are trying to protect Jaesung's legacy saying Summoner is broken because your Jaesung lost to it.

Just now, Elfae said:

Does "pretty small chance/nearly impossible" mean there's no way it would happen? Plus, someone pointed out that there's no info on this summoner. So for all you know, that summoner could be a real professional. And right now, you are not proving summoner is broken because of of a technical reason. You are trying to protect Jaesung's legacy saying Summoner is broken because your Jaesung lost to it.

What class do you play?

3 minutes ago, elliv said:

JkZA4HR.png

Unfortunately for me, I also have a summoner at L.45, but Elfae is not my name in game since it was taken. My character name is Ygenta and my summoner is Ynshale. Feel free to check those character along with my account name.

Just now, Elfae said:

Kung Fu Master and mid 1600 in 1v1. I must be a summoner if I'm defending it right?

Pretty much, yeah. Summoner is broken in the BM matchup. You can tell me it's not until you're blue in the face, but you'd still be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Michieltjuhh said:

Yeah of course a korean champion ccoming from a country that dominates the world in esport  (uncontested in league of legends the biggest esport right now  and dominating starcraft 1 and 2 ) that has been playing for years is no match for the random american summoner ...

You *cricket* lindor chocolate people. The whole argument about him losing to summoners wasent base on A summoner, its base on numerous summoners.Nobody makes a bold statement of "I am the worst because I lost to 1" thats completely stupid. 

http://www.twitch.tv/lsjjws3/v/48435577 This is the video, and in here you will see how much of a "local" player he is.

1 minute ago, Zooks said:

If you won a "local" tournament that involved the best players from several countries, that'd mean you're pretty good. I'd expect you to lose matches to those type of players. I wouldn't expect you to lose to someone from the local chess club. 

Pretty good doesn't make you unbeatable, though. Very few American or European players played before the release here.

Take StarCraft 2 for example. Being the best in America or Europe there doesn't mean a thing. Those players still have a hard time even reaching Grandmaster on the Asian ladder, and they'd probably lose plenty to players considered "randoms" there.

Don't get me wrong, I agree entirely that Summoners (and BDs, but that's not on-topic, I just want to keep reminding people BDs exist and need nerfing) are broken. But you shouldn't base that on the opinion of someone who's one of the best in his region.

Archived