Is the event gem worth crafting?

Zachariasz

The issue with it is that it gives you a permanent 3 more attack power always on. Outside of Diamonds these are extremely rare till we get the hybrid gems we might see it more common. 

Right now I think the only other gems that have Attack Power on them that aren't Diamonds are from Blackwyrm. Which are normally in the AH for 200g. 

6 minutes ago, Daehawk said:

The issue with it is that it gives you a permanent 3 more attack power always on. Outside of Diamonds these are extremely rare till we get the hybrid gems we might see it more common. 

Right now I think the only other gems that have Attack Power on them that aren't Diamonds are from Blackwyrm. Which are normally in the AH for 200g. 

yes they give u 3 apwr but you gotta ask urself is the 3 pwr really worth it instead of another gem?

Just now, dmoe33 said:

yes they give u 3 apwr but you gotta ask urself is the 3 pwr really worth it instead of another gem?

Depends really on what else you are using. Attack Power does scale really well from what I've seen. A clanmate of mine was testing two different Siren Bracelets last night one with 255 Crit Damage and the other with 7 Attack Power. Switching between those two on the test dummies and her crits were coming out about the same according to her. 

Looking at the price of it this is the price according to the current market if you bought the mats you needed from the AH:

10 Hexagonal Gem Fragments: 45s each(4g50s)

10 Pentagonal Gem Fragments: 8s each (80s)

White Roses: Free from quests

Red Roses: Free from Quests

1g Transmute. 

Total cost: 6g 30s

You can try your luck at farming bags as well to get the fragments where you don't  have to pay anything but the xmute cost. I know I already have the fragments enough just from bags I've gotten in dungeons for both my characters. 

It all honestly depends on the player and what they have available to them already and what they are using. I'm currently using the Immunity+Crit on evade would replace that gem with it here, since the bonus crit chance atm for me with my current already crit chance won't change it too much to worry about. 

1 minute ago, Daehawk said:

Depends really on what else you are using. Attack Power does scale really well from what I've seen. A clanmate of mine was testing two different Siren Bracelets last night one with 255 Crit Damage and the other with 7 Attack Power. Switching between those two on the test dummies and her crits were coming out about the same according to her. 

Looking at the price of it this is the price according to the current market if you bought the mats you needed from the AH:

10 Hexagonal Gem Fragments: 45s each(4g50s)

10 Pentagonal Gem Fragments: 8s each (80s)

White Roses: Free from quests

Red Roses: Free from Quests

1g Transmute. 

Total cost: 6g 30s

You can try your luck at farming bags as well to get the fragments where you don't  have to pay anything but the xmute cost. I know I already have the fragments enough just from bags I've gotten in dungeons for both my characters. 

It all honestly depends on the player and what they have available to them already and what they are using. I'm currently using the Immunity+Crit on evade would replace that gem with it here, since the bonus crit chance atm for me with my current already crit chance won't change it too much to worry about. 

the 3 Apwr isnt worth it better to use something else yes its a free gem but for maxing which is basically the point of gems the gem is not worth it

On 2/13/2016 at 1:02 PM, Daehawk said:

Prices of hexagonal fragments are 70s on our server. There are alot better gems that give you better buffs. The only good thing about this gem is that it is exclusive to this event (so far). The non-event version is just a 325 over time.

Archived