What's everyone's opinion on the summoner class?

Kiki9547

Hello everyone, I made this forum to see what YOU think of the summoner class, because being someone who mains summoner I usually have a good opinion on the class but I thought it would be interesting to hear what other people thought. Thanks for writing.

Just now, Kiki9547 said:

Hello everyone, I made this forum to see what YOU think of the summoner class, because being someone who mains summoner I usually have a good opinion on the class but I thought it would be interesting to hear what other people thought. Thanks for writing.

You could have just searched the forums , there are various and in fact countless opinions on the topic .

I main an Assassin and made a summoner alt, I enjoy the class and it lets me relax. I mostly made them to craft for me but I think that it is pretty enjoyable. I love my Assassin the most but I couldn't ask for a more fun and relaxing alt to level.

To elaborate the Assassin isn't exactly hard it just requires more thought and reaction to combat then sending in a pet and pelting from a distance. The class hits WAY harder than my Assassin while leveling and is generally less engaged in combat. This allows me to clear the content that feels very repetitive the second(actually fourth since I leveled and stuff in alpha and beta) time.

So a fun class that hits like a brick and requires very little management. I also have cool and colorful skills, and the outfits are pretty different then my Jin so  its nice.

Just now, Kiki9547 said:

Oh? I was not aware sorry, I would still like to hear it from people though

Summoners are actually the most discussed class on the forums , usually considered " OP " " Broken " " Annoying " " unfair " " 2v1 wtf is this nerf plz " .

You get the point .

^^ Same here 

I like the summoner class :) At first it was my 'intended-to-be' main, then I switched to assassin, and now I'm trying summoner again. It's a very flexible class and has a lot of cute, flashy skills. I like being able to have a partner wih me while I fight too, and it's even better that the cat is customizable as well :)

2 minutes ago, Kaom said:

Summoners are actually the most discussed class on the forums , usually considered " OP " " Broken " " Annoying " " unfair " " 2v1 wtf is this nerf plz " .

You get the point .

Hmm interesting, I don't spend too much time on the forums so I haven't seen any comments on summoner

Hey enough flak about using the search on the forums, we all know the necro post spam that would come with replying to an old topic on what people think the summoner class is like. Plus sometimes it is refreshing to be able to talk about the things you enjoy in the game instead of dealing with some of the chaos other forum topics bring.

Just now, Yui said:

Hey enough flak about using the search on the forums, we all know the necro post spam that would come with replying to an old topic on what people think the summoner class is like. Plus sometimes it is refreshing to be able to talk about the things you enjoy in the game instead of dealing with some of the chaos other forum topics bring.

I agree I try to stay away from shit posters that just crap on the game and what's wrong with it, it's like if u play the game enjoy it don't pick it apart and judge it based on what's wrong

Stay away from summoner class by now ,its severely bugged and you will have absolutely no fun playing it .

Skills not working as they are presented and the entire summoner presentation in begining its ,for now ,a huge trap .Cat will be just and weak support if they intend to not solve the summoner's taunt and heal over time problems.

2ilxx75.png

21 minutes ago, Windy said:

Stay away from summoner class by now ,its severely bugged and you will have absolutely no fun playing it .

Skills not working as they are presented and the entire summoner presentation in begining its ,for now ,a huge trap .Cat will be just and weak support if they intend to not solve the summoner's taunt and heal over time problems.

2ilxx75.png

Well I may be a shitty summoner then because I never use the taunt I thought it sucked before the update

3 hours ago, Kiki9547 said:

Well I may be a shitty summoner then because I never use the taunt I thought it sucked before the update

From a dps perspective it does. You're taking a source of your damage (especially now that the ratios of most of the cat abilities were buffed) and essentially flipping the switch off. True you get to focus dps the target with less risk, but everything you can cast you get to do instantly anyway on the move. (Other than one stage of Rumble, which is more of a pvp talent.)

The support it brought to other parties being able to focus the mob, melee especially, is where it became desirable. But even then that has its own issues-- Blade Masters will often lose damage because of a cat tanking instead of getting their own block opportunities. Its a mixed bag really. I would say its, at its most useful, handy for the 24 man farm areas so you don't have to wait on the Zerg, and as people filter in you'll still have control. Outside of that and any boss fight that involves phases with adds (As in have the cat tank Poh while all 4 of us go kill her pets for a bit), I tend to ditch taunt. Or at least stop relying on it.

TBH, losing aggro faster when mobs get out of the circle or when the circle is cancelled made sub-tanking even stronger since you can temporarily give people and tanks a breather and then transition right back to Alley Damage without your pet being crushed for it. I'd almost prefer it stayed this way, if not for House Cat. For House Cat, yeah, this does kind of blow in comparison.

Im leveling one,my first choice was a kung fu master and i suck a lot with him,later i try the summoner and man,what a change. The summoner can do 2 players dungeon solo. Im lvl 15 atm but ive seen that this class is very good on pve :)

Archived