Mushin Tower floor 1.... should I be struggling this much?

Chnmmr

I'm ashamed to say, I'm stopped dead at Mushin Tower floor 1.  I simply do not have the hit points to survive the insane spike damage  the enemies cause.  I currently have a mix of Forgotten Brightstone and Dokumo but my 17k hit points means I get two shot when my counters/defences on my summoner run out.  Am I being forced to pvp (which I hate doing,) to get the arena set so I can have enough hp?  I've got an awakened profane staff 5 and all my jewelry upgraded to the point I need soulstones.  I'm finding damage isn't the issue, I simply can't take all the damage thrown at me with my meager 17.5k health.

I'm probably doing it wrong, but I'm not sure -what- I'm doing wrong.

You should get better gear. Just get the bloodshade harbor set if you really think misty woods insignia farming requires PvP. Really, you just sit in one spot with others of your faction, enemy faction players won't bother even trying, unless it's some weird destroyer who likes spinning his stick around 15 guys.

I cant believe that you  only reached the 1st floor as SCUMMONER......

you should play another game rofl.

btw for  who is thinking use the  "PVP" bopae  in  the mushin , good luck with that when  floor 8 arrive.

That gear should be enough to be fair. You must have a horrible build and/or you don't know how to manage your cat and aggro. I'll gladly help you out with the build and such if you're interested. So far I've done the tower twice and I'm only missing one piece from the soul shield set.

16 minutes ago, Drklf said:

That gear should be enough to be fair. You must have a horrible build and/or you don't know how to manage your cat and aggro. I'll gladly help you out with the build and such if you're interested. So far I've done the tower twice and I'm only missing one piece from the soul shield set.

I manage until the enemy is close to death, but eventually I blink or slip up and my HP vanished very fast.  My cat aggro is fine and as far as I'm aware my build is fine, I simply can't survive hits from the enemy as my HP is so low.

Just now, Chnmmr said:

I manage until the enemy is close to death, but eventually I blink or slip up and my HP vanished very fast.  My cat aggro is fine and as far as I'm aware my build is fine, I simply can't survive hits from the enemy as my HP is so low.

Then you should go farm the insignia soul shield then. There's plenty of those groups and it doesn't take too long to farm 160 insignias :)

4 hours ago, StarTailZz said:

Farm the soul shield from Fleet Chain i got 28K HP now cause of that and youll get it without even noticing when doing the daylies :)

Is that the one you get with Siren emblems or the one in the 6 man?  I've heard that people get really angry if they see someone in the 6 man with as low HP as me.

You can get the purple soul shield from E. Fleet Supply Chain and Nightshade Harbor (24mans) as well. It just may take a little longer since its only a chance to get it from the boss boxes.

But as others have said, your gear should be enough for the early floors. I suggest you look up some SMN builds and maybe some guides to see rotations to maximize your DPS while staying safe. Hope that helps, good luck!

18 minutes ago, Shinsetsu said:

You can get the purple soul shield from E. Fleet Supply Chain and Nightshade Harbor (24mans) as well. It just may take a little longer since its only a chance to get it from the boss boxes.

But as others have said, your gear should be enough for the early floors. I suggest you look up some SMN builds and maybe some guides to see rotations to maximize your DPS while staying safe. Hope that helps, good luck!

Thanks for the info.  I've tried again a few times and I've noticed that the cat doesn't hold agro much anymore and I'm also finding that I'm getting hit from effects I'm not standing in.  My ping/latency is excellent as well, so it shouldn't be a lag issue.  Something odd is going on.

4 minutes ago, Chnmmr said:

Thanks for the info.  I've tried again a few times and I've noticed that the cat doesn't hold agro much anymore and I'm also finding that I'm getting hit from effects I'm not standing in.  My ping/latency is excellent as well, so it shouldn't be a lag issue.  Something odd is going on.

I've not played Summoner much so I don't profess to know any real tips, but it might be worth looking up some PvP videos, particularly for the first floor since they are class mobs and in PvP, players can completely ignore your cat if they want. I'm not saying you'll be able to port over everything from PvP in this situation, but there might be some tips that help you adapt to cat holding less aggro.

You can also try fighting different mobs and just pick the 2 that are easier fights for SMN.

Don't worry. I consider myself an excellent PvE'r but I was pretty much stuck at Floor 7. I think its a matter of gear, I'm confident I can complete it with a bit more HP. Ty aiming for around 30k+ and 45-50% crit. The more health, the more bearable it is.

5 minutes ago, Roxefeller said:

LOL, rely on those 20k heal 15 sec cooldown pots much? #scummoner

Yes i used 5 with 1 iframe/ 1 CC/ no block/no cat etc, 2nd try. Can we see your perfect run? All my videos on my channel are 1-4runs, could it/they be better? Yes. I'm not one of those people that show there perfect attempt, I just shadowplay the run/win. The summoner love...

2 minutes ago, stalkster said:

Yes i used 5 with 1 iframe/ 1 CC/ no block/no cat etc, 2nd try. Can we see your perfect run? All my videos on my channel are 1-4runs, could it/they be better? Yes. I'm not one of those people that show there perfect attempt, I just shadowplay the run/win. The summoner love...

Your invis is actually a block(counter in this case) as it blocks the first strike then puts you into an iframe. Just so we're clear. I'm a KFM so yes, they pretty much are perfect runs. #endlessCCandiframesohwaitANDcounter

1 minute ago, Roxefeller said:

Your invis is actually a block(counter in this case) as it blocks the first strike then puts you into an iframe. Just so we're clear. I'm a KFM so yes, they pretty much are perfect runs. #endlessCCandiframesohwaitANDcounter

I'm glade you do -perfect runs- as kfm so you can look down upon other classes. It's PvE I'm not really sure why the hate of other classes? Unless it makes you fell better in a way?

People have a down look upon summoner since are cat can hold aggro for 5 out of 12 sec's after the patch.  The point was to take the cat away, and show that if a summoner without a cat can do it.. your class can do it too.

4 hours ago, Roxefeller said:

Would like to see your video. Also, it sounds like you are proud of how OP your class is but hate summoners because of the same thing? #kungfutroll

Just now, Dalaxies said:

Would like to see your video. Also, it sounds like you are proud of how OP your class is but hate summoners because of the same thing? #kungfutroll

Please read:

4 hours ago, Roxefeller said:

LOL, rely on those 20k heal 15 sec cooldown pots much? #scummoner

Didn't say anything about hating scummoners. I was pointing out his needing the 20k heal 15 sec cooldown potions.. where in my post does it say that I hate scummoners? By labeling them as scummoners? They are scum and are too easy to play. Friends that have rerolled scummoner for the hell of it/to farm extra dailies and solo farm dungeons agree.

Also, I am proud that I know how to properly use my class where many others don't(referring to other KFM's but take it however you will).

First thing you should do when u hit 45 is getting 45 version of valor stone shields then descide should you be zombie and go for grindshields or be a man and go for  blackram. ... Yet most of ppl go farm grindshields ( new name for faction shields, get used to it). I cry everytime when i see ppl with 6 sacrifice pieces and 2 grindshield bad rolls in dungeon groups. I mean common people...

Archived