Blade and Soul's Competetive Future

HoleintheWall

Regardless of a persons' skill, this game is still unbalanced and most likely wont  make it far in NA. (I hope otherwise though)

The mere fact that some classes require much less skill than another is pretty evident. Not to mention this game is way too reliant on ping and computer performance. Take that and compound it with NA's horrible Internet infrastructure... Well... Wake up sheeple.

Another thing, forget about that obtuse thinking of "well all classes have made it to diamond" this does not mean at all that this game is balanced.

Too many people here want to stay in denial in support of their beloved game.

Will this cause me to quit... HECK no. Dang good game. It's my beloved game as well.

Will this make me sad for the game's competitive future... Yes. 

I have not experienced 50 content yet... Maybe the super easy classes become harder? Well, hopefully this ignorance causes some good surprises for my outlook in this game's competitive future once the 50 content releases.

I cue on this game's competitive future because without one, game's like these usually don't last and dwindle down to 3 or 4 servers and end up as a stale cash grab.

I will admit though, as far as MMOs go, this game's balance issues are not as bad as other MMOs. So there is still chance of prosperity.

Over all meaning of this post - Spark awareness as I want the game to live strong and NCSoft to not fail as they have done in the past. If NCSoft's Blade and Soul team is under good guidance, they will listen to its people instead of leech their wallets.

I don't think you should be talking about the game's competitive future when you have yet to experience 50 cap content and class balance. I understand your concerns, but it is already well established that the balance we currently have is a by-product of having skills based around level 50 content.

5 minutes ago, Teisho said:

I don't think you should be talking about the game's competitive future when you have yet to experience 50 cap content and class balance. I understand your concerns, but it is already well established that the balance we currently have is a by-product of having skills based around level 50 content.

^this. 

1 minute ago, Teisho said:

^ This pretty much, we just need to wait.  

There really no need to make threads like this when class balance is going to happen eventually anyway (I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but I'm just saying). 

Yes I can and will speak of something I have yet to experience. I will reiterate by saying this. No MMO has yet to make it big in the competetive scene in NA. ESPECIALLY those of the Korean market. WoW was almost there and WAS there for a period of time, but that died a while ago. Same with Guild Wars. Now both games' player base is at an all time low and still dropping.

Same thing has happened to every other KR MMO that I have played... Starts strong, fun and joy, then it slowly starts turning into slightly more and more of a cash grab then in about 6-12 months it turns into a huge cash grab with no potential to make it big.

I just want another MMO to make it big and get some competition in NA! This game can easily do it with a good company and good playerbase.

13 minutes ago, HoleintheWall said:

Yes I can and will speak of something I have yet to experience. I will reiterate by saying this. No MMO has yet to make it big in the competetive scene in NA. ESPECIALLY those of the Korean market. WoW was almost there and WAS there for a period of time, but that died a while ago. Same with Guild Wars. Now both games' player base is at an all time low and still dropping.

Same thing has happened to every other KR MMO that I have played... Starts strong, fun and joy, then it slowly starts turning into slightly more and more of a cash grab then in about 6-12 months it turns into a huge cash grab with no potential to make it big.

I just want another MMO to make it big and get some competition in NA! This game can easily do it with a good company and good playerbase.

As far as I know TERA still does its Battleground Events, and PWI still has it's Territory Wars/Tournaments. And if I recall both games have done it to where NA players could fight with the CN/KR players (I add CN because PWI is a Chinese game) and possibly still do. :P Either way during the betas players got a taste of what its like to fight a KR player and I'm sure those who actually qualified will stick around and generate more interest if NCSoft Livestreams it in the same respect they did previously or how TERA does it.

You can whine and shout how these games are "dying" but PWI has been out since 2005/2005 and TERA is reaching it's 5th birthday soon. So until they announce the servers closing I won't consider any game "dead".

4 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

As far as I know TERA still does its Battleground Events, and PWI still has it's Territory Wars/Tournaments. And if I recall both games have done it to where NA players could fight with the CN/KR players (I add CN because PWI is a Chinese game) and possibly still do. :P Either way during the betas players got a taste of what its like to fight a KR player and I'm sure those who actually qualified will stick around and generate more interest if NCSoft Livestreams it in the same respect they did previously or how TERA does it.

You can whine and shout how these games are "dying" but PWI has been out since 2005/2005 and TERA is reaching it's 5th birthday soon. So until they announce the servers closing I won't consider any game "dead".

I never said that any game is dying or is dead.

15 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

Never said you in particular it was a general you, but you didn't reply to the rest of my post?

Yeah you were commenting on games dying backing it up with games that still have some decent pvp aspects. They still have little to no competetive scene though. Sorry that I disregarded it for that reason.

What I'm thinking of when it comes to a game being "competetive" is that there is large money involved as well as the game receiving mass publicity. I fully feel this game has the potential to do this. I just don't think NCSoft can accomplish it though given their history, the unbalanced nature of the game and it being way too reliant on computer performance and ping to provide a competetive edge.

We will ultimately see with 50 content. 

12 hours ago, HoleintheWall said:

Yeah you were commenting on games dying backing it up with games that still have some decent pvp aspects. They still have little to no competetive scene though. Sorry that I disregarded it for that reason.

What I'm thinking of when it comes to a game being "competetive" is that there is large money involved as well as the game receiving mass publicity. I fully feel this game has the potential to do this. I just don't think NCSoft can accomplish it though given their history, the unbalanced nature of the game and it being way too reliant on computer performance and ping to provide a competetive edge.

We will ultimately see with 50 content. 

I was actually replying to someone who said not a lot of Korean MMOs don't make it in NA as competitive games. And I listed two games, both of which people claim to be dying and I stated my peace that a game isn't dying/dead until they close all servers. As far as being competitive in the sense of making WoW amounts of money plenty of F2P do despite people saying they don't because the game(s) have RNG boxes and the only people playing are whales/bots. I think B&S will do fine, it haven't even been out for a month in NA/EU and people are already saying it won't last and we haven't even gotten our first content patch.

Archived