Add balance fixes now or lose your playerbase

Michieltjuhh

Ok a few things, yes some classes have a huge disadvantage this patch. Anyone denying this is either so self deceived or high.  And before you go raging I have 6 classes only my Fm is silver rest are gold or higher. So having played many of the classes for a period of time I can say with 100% certainty that as of now many classes have advantages. Now playing devils advocate here, the chances of balancing occurring during 50 update is decent, as such I don't stress it. 

Yet playing devil advocate again, for the other side. The game should have been launched with level 50 and the skills. Let's be honest, a lot of this stems from a *cricket* poor decision to include warlock gear, 50 skills teasing you yet having it locked to rush an already 2 year late mmo out the door. Couple this with Gold spammers, and hilarious bugs and I rofl all day at my keyboard. If this MMO had come out last month over the entire planet I would be like whatever. However after 2 years if not more, the launch should not be plagued with unbalanced classes due to a rush effort and hidden skills. Class gear being dropped for a class not out, gold spammers, disconnect issues, server issues, people getting stuck in 1st person view after match making ect.

The fan boys here will deny your claims, assault you and troll you because they live in a bubbled reality. A cushioned world of self delusion fuel by their own pompous arrogance. Unwilling to admit the game though good, has a few glaring faults. My own theory is that most of these people are supported if not directly wholesomely propped up by these clear imbalances. And thus suffer from a primal fear that any shift may pivot the odds against them, and that their precious digital ranking which they boast may diminish as what once was effective, no longer is or is lessened severely. You know all the common signs of a Homosapien being drenched in a thick coat of his or her own hubris. 

3 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

The fan boys here will deny your claims, assault you and troll you because they live in a bubbled reality. A cushioned world of self delusion fuel by their own pompous arrogance. Unwilling to admit the game though good, has some few faults. My own theory is that most of these people are supported if not directly wholesomely propped up by these clear imbalances. And thus suffer from a primal fear that any shift may pivot the odds against them, and that their precious digital ranking which they boast may diminish as what once was effective, no longer is or is lessened severely. You know all the common signs of a Homosapien being drenched in a thick coat of his or her owns hubris. 

That wasn't such a bad post until the above paragraph.  I wouldn't have expected someone who seems to acknowledge the benefit of a devil's advocate to be so closed-minded and try so hard to stifle discussion and bucket anyone who attempts to disagree.  The first paragraph seems like a shallow attempt to sound like a reasonable person when coupled with the third.

Just now, Cogbyrn said:

That wasn't such a bad post until the above paragraph.  I wouldn't have expected someone who seems to acknowledge the benefit of a devil's advocate to be so closed-minded and try so hard to stifle discussion and bucket anyone who attempts to disagree.  The first paragraph seems like a shallow attempt to sound like a reasonable person when coupled with the third.

One can be open minded, yet make a decision. And that is my deduction regarding 80% of the people debating this. The entire first part was admitting both side were factual, however listing both sides valid points. the last paragraph was meant to display my disgust toward the attackers. Those that simply deny and insult and spam in this forum. Now are my words "Insulting" yes sorta. However that being said they are true. And the truth is seldom warm, cuddly and soft. If you disagree with me then I am sorry to hear that, you are entitled to your own opinion be it accurate or false. A close minded person does not grant such civil graces. An open minded person also is willing to make a firm stance when the situation warrants it. 

At the end of the day I am leaning toward the Op thoughts. However I admit that level 50 will address the bulk of this. Yet at the same time 50 should have been available at launch. 

1 hour ago, voodooblade said:

One can be open minded, yet make a decision. And that is my deduction regarding 80% of the people debating this. The entire first part was admitting both side were factual, however listing both sides valid points. the last paragraph was meant to display my disgust toward the attackers. Those that simply deny and insult and spam in this forum. Now are my words "Insulting" yes sorta. However that being said they are true. And the truth is seldom warm, cuddly and soft. If you disagree with me then I am sorry to hear that, you are entitled to your own opinion be it accurate or false. A close minded person does not grant such civil graces. An open minded person also is willing to make a firm stance when the situation warrants it. 

At the end of the day I am leaning toward the Op thoughts. However I admit that level 50 will address the bulk of this. Yet at the same time 50 should have been available at launch. 

This sounds more indecisive than decisive. You're attempting to take both sides instead of taking a "firm stance" so you can't be wrong.

The game in it's current state is balanced, albeit not balanced in the sense that less skilled players will have more tools(skills/skill points) than what is needed to compete.

I'll bet you even after we get the level 50 patch and are 100% caught up. People will still be here crying, "my class is underpowered, game needs more balance!" These are those "less skilled players" that will never be able to compete until they take the "I'm entitled to a more enjoyable game experience, change the game to suit my needs" stick out of their asses and invest the necessary time to become better players.

There's diamond ranked players of every class. That's a clear definition of balance. Every class is represented in the top tier.

Refer to this thread:

17 minutes ago, Roxefeller said:

This sounds more indecisive than decisive. You're attempting to take both sides instead of taking a "firm stance" so you can't be wrong.

The game in it's current state is balanced, albeit not balanced in the sense that less skilled players will have more tools(skills/skill points) than what is needed to compete.

I'll bet you even after we get the level 50 patch and are 100% caught up. People will still be here crying, "my class is underpowered, game needs more balance!" These are those "less skilled players" that will never be able to compete until they take the "I'm entitled to a more enjoyable game experience, change the game to suit my needs" stick out of their asses and invest the necessary time to become better players.

There's diamond ranked players of every class. That's a clear definition of balance. Every class is represented in the top tier.

Refer to this thread:

I posted this repsonse to debunk your theory.

" I would agree, if the game with multiple builds slot where you can switch on the fly. Oh wait they do, you just have to buy 5 of them so swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe. If we we're talking about 1 or 2 builds to buy I'd be like whatever, but you have 1, I repeat 1 build for free. How many classes are there? Not counting pve. And I hate to burst your bubble further by bringing in a sprinkle of reality, But these "All are represented" is true but not at the same token. As in percentage, you know mathematically aka factually. Beyond any form of a reasonable doubt, Some classes are far, far less represented, while others are far, far more represented. Unless you care to argue that there are as many BM as there are LBD or Bm as there are Summoners."

1 minute ago, voodooblade said:

" I would agree, if the game with multiple builds slot where you can switch on the fly. Oh wait they do, you just have to buy 5 of them so swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe. If we we're talking about 1 or 2 builds to buy I'd be like whatever, but you have 1, I repeat 1 build for free. How many classes are there? Not counting pve. And I hate to burst your bubble further by bringing in a sprinkle of reality, But these "All are represented" is true but not at the same token. As in percentage, you know mathematically aka factually. Beyond any form of a reasonable doubt, Some classes are far, far less represented, while others are far, far more represented. Unless you care to argue that there are as many BM as there are LBD or Bm as there are Summoners."

When I watch streams of Jaesung, jungho, etc (KR pros) they don't have multiple skill taps. They use the 20 seconds at the start of the match to swap points around for each opponent. It seems daunting to do so at first, but it's one of those things that becomes natural. 

GL anyway. 

6 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

I posted this response to debunk your theory.

1 minute ago, Roxefeller said:

1. You have more than 15 seconds to change your skills.

2. People who actually know their own class and what they need to change for whatever class they're fighting do this all of the time.

3. You do not need to repair your weapon as it being damaged/broken makes no difference in arena.

27 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

No need to get salty bro.

Lol.

30 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

I will give that a try, and see how it works out for me ty.

So you're thanking him for telling you to change your skills and that you'll give it a try, even though you initially asserted that there's not enough time to change your skills?

This day continues to be strange.

Archived