Suggestion: Outfit Harmonization Toggle Feature

DuffieShirayuki

Ahoy, thanks for coming to this thread, either to post your opinions, or otherwise!

So, I'd like to open up that this is just a suggestion, but is entirely open to debate.  After looking through a couple of threads, specifically 'so, are all costumes gonna be like this?', from seeing a video on Blade and Soul - China Harmonization (Censorship) Kun Female - Open Beta, and finally brainstorming a tiny amount with some personal friends of mine, I decided to come here and post this thread.

First, what do I mean by “Harmonization?”

The Chinese release of Blade & Soul had to change the look of every outfit in the game, due to the censorship laws that exist there.  The following video shows the difference between the default “Uncensored” outfits, and the “Censored” Harmonized outfits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6XQ3wKVCI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbI3ohHPJF8

My suggestion is simple: Enable the option to toggle between the default outfits and the Harmonized outfits, for every race.

Now, this can be interpreted in many ways, so let me explain.

Many, if not all, of the outfits available in this game can be depicted as revealing.

While it is very much acceptable for anyone to wear these outfits, some people feel too uncomfortable to wear them on their playable character; be it that they prefer conservative clothing, or that they have a concept that their character prefers conservative clothing.

There are already conservative outfits available, but why not provide more?

Yes, there is already a wide variety of conservative clothes available to be found, purchased, and worn.  There shall even be more outfits on the way, depicted as both of these descriptions!  But what I am suggesting is the addition of a secondary version of every-other outfit!

With the Chinese release of Blade & Soul, there are already Harmonized versions of every outfit available.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to transfer the files and rework them to be an option, rather than completely replace the existing files, but the work has already been made!  With this in mind, there's no need to go about remaking any of the outfits, because the work has already been done in an existing version of Blade & Soul, as shown in the video listed above, at the top of this post.

I do not want to replace the outfits entirely, but instead allow the option to choose between the default and Harmonized versions of each outfit.

With this in hand, everyone can wear whatever they want, for every outfit.  If someone likes how an outfit looks aesthetically, but does not like how revealing it is, (for example, the breasts or thighs being exposed,) they can use the Harmonized version!  The same can very much be applied vice versa.

The ability to make this option server-side, rather than client-side, would very much be appreciated.

Let me explain.

Client-Side

If this option were to be client-sided, that would mean the player would be the only one to see how their outfit looks, that being default or Harmonized--  Essentially as if the game was modded over.

Server-Side

What I suggest is to make it server-sided, so everyone can tell which of the two versions of the outfits you are using, be it default or Harmonized.  That way, you can show off your character in whichever outfit you so choose.

In conclusion, I am simply suggesting the transfer of Harmonized outfit files from the Chinese release of Blade & Soul, over to our NA/EU release.

Allowing the option for the Harmonized outfits would allow for greater customization of our characters, which appears to play a large role in Blade & Soul with a focus on cosmetic clothing, rather than stat-based gear.  It’s merely a suggestion for an optional toggle, rather than a full overwrite, to allow players an option of Harmonized gear similar to those found in the Chinese release.

… And that’s my suggestion in a nutshell.  I don’t expect too much out of this suggestion, as I’ve stated previously, but I thought I’d like to at least get my thoughts out on this idea, rather than letting it drift off in the wind.

I appreciate you all for taking your time in reading this post!  If you have anything further to add, be it opinions or additional ideas regarding this suggestion, please, feel free to reply.

Whether or not this goes through, I hope you all continue to enjoy this game as much as I’ve been! ;)

Just now, Enamour said:

Might be a good idea to change the font color haha. Kinda hard to read with the background of the forums.

Noticed it as soon as I posted xD

The background is black on the typing box, as well as in Google Doc, so it was very hard to tell it wasn't the default color.

My apologies to anyone who viewed this as soon as it was posted.  The error has been dealt with. xD

Just now, Telzen said:

I doubt they even have access to those modified outfits, since its published by a different company in China. Even if they did, this just isn't going to happen.

This is very much possible, but I thought to suggest it as an option, in case they could have access to it. :o

If this doesn't happen, that's equally fine, though.  Just wanted to get my idea out there! :D

I would really like this feature. I'd finally be able to make a female char. Or if a toggle is too difficult coding wise, maybe we could at least get the harmonized outfits put in the game as hongmoon store items that are separate from the uncensored version? 

3 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

More choices when playing a game are always better.  I support the idea.

My thoughts exactly. ♥

1 minute ago, SirNox said:

I would really like this feature. I'd finally be able to make a female char. Or if a toggle is too difficult coding wise, maybe we could at least get the harmonized outfits put in the game as hongmoon store items that are separate from the uncensored version? 

I was going to add this as an available option, but that would put a lot of duplicate outfits in the Hongmoon Store. ;o

Still, if that gets us more variants of outfits, I'm in.

Archived