BD & Destro spins.

IchiExorz

I'm trying to get better at PvP but I'm stuck right now. I can beat all classes depending on opponens skill (except summoners, but i've just given up on that one. I can beat bad summoners but any summoner with a brain I have no chance against.)

So now my question: How to counter a Blade Dancer & Destroyer spins? I'm playing assassin and its really annoying when i'm fighting someone who keeps spamming those.

Can't get close in stealth, can't CC or can't find a way to interrupt it at all,... what is there I can do to counter that?

BD's spin only parries for 0.5 seconds after it starts and it doesn't do much damage and costs 2 focus, so if you don't hit em they won't recover focus and you'll outpace em. just like any other block, grabs will go through it. Destroyer, I know the orange one is just flat out unstoppable but the other one I just phantom grab, not sure of other classes.

Oh I honestly thought this was another QQ thread haha. Glad I read it first.

I've found the assassins that usually pick me apart are literally the hit and run ones. You actually have to play like an assassin and go in with your combos then pop your parry thingy that gives you invisibility and back out. Slowing us and just gaining distance is a + when you're stealthed so we can't just knock you out. Basically, if we can never grab you or keep you CC'd, you can lead the fight. Just watch out for our Z pull (the axe throwing skill).

18 minutes ago, DreUd said:

Wait for them to run out of focus.

Not sure how long I have to wait but this one destroyer was probably spinning for 15 secons straight.

17 minutes ago, Flareon said:

BD's spin only parries for 0.5 seconds after it starts and it doesn't do much damage and costs 2 focus, so if you don't hit em they won't recover focus and you'll outpace em. just like any other block, grabs will go through it. Destroyer, I know the orange one is just flat out unstoppable but the other one I just phantom grab, not sure of other classes.

So the BD spin only parries 0.5 sec at the beginning? then i can CC them as much as i want?

And I'm playing assassin. Don't know how to grab with an assassin. xD

14 minutes ago, Enamour said:

I've found the assassins that usually pick me apart are literally the hit and run ones. You actually have to play like an assassin and go in with your combos then pop your parry thingy that gives you invisibility and back out. Slowing us and just gaining distance is a + when you're stealthed so we can't just knock you out. Basically, if we can never grab you or keep you CC'd, you can lead the fight. Just watch out for our Z pull (the axe throwing skill).

I'll try creating distance more often. My biggest problem though is getting in there to do the damage while they're spamming the spin. And unlike BD, Destros don't seem to run out of energy/focus (idk what its called xD)

5 rotations of Cyclone = oom. Typhoon gains fury on crits but usually 1 target isn't enough to sustain it. Try timing your parry stealth with it or knock us down if you have any up (blue spin = we're open to knock downs but don't hit us during the first .5 seconds of it and each spin has 4 iterations).

1 hour ago, Enamour said:

Be carefull with your parry thingy because we have something to remove it and can follow up with an air combo.

Dont ever open with your "teleport behind and go invis" we can instantly suck you out of this, i see so many assasins to this and i can suck all out of their invis following up with an air combo...

Archived