Anyone else getting an error crash message?

Dante2k16

7 minutes ago, Roah said:

I got a reply from them. 

I gave the information that they ask, and im still waitting an solution. Hope it comes soon guys!

• Nick Today at 15:22
    Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. 

To start, I would like to get some basic information about your hardware and drivers so we can see how you are running the game. To do this, we use a Windows command called ""DxDiag."" To run Dxdiag:

1. Type the Windows key + ""R"" and type in ""dxdiag"" (without the quotes) in the Run Window.
    2. When the window for ""Dxdiag"" appears, click the button labeled ""Run 64-bit Dxdiag.""
      Note: If you are running Windows 8, you will not see this button and so you can move to the next step.
    3. Once loaded, click the button ""Save All Information."" You will want to save the file to your Desktop.
    Once saved, I would also like to review your running processes with a program called Hi-jack this:

1. Download and run HijackThis from the following link:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

1. Click the “Do a system scan and save a logfile” button.
    2. Once the scan is complete, a text logfile will appear in Notepad. Save this file to your Desktop.
    Once completed, please attach both files to your reply. Thank you for your cooperation. 

Regards,

Nick
    NCSOFT Support Team

pafernandes Today at 16:04

This is the informations that you asked.

good-luck mate but tbh they don' NEED your system info. Its since today's maintenance its happened. Unless you've change your hardware since then this is irrelevant!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I've some good news...

Since this morning update.

1) Turn on both razer services (Services, Razer Chroma SDK and Game Scanner)

2) Edit the config file (C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\BnS\NCWEST\ClientConfiguration.xml) put back the chroma setting to "y" (use-chroma-keyboard)

3) Clear that folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard)

4) Do a file repair, start the game

That finally worked on my pc (my laptop didn't have any problem.

IT WORKED 4 ME!!! YAYY i hope it works 4 u too guys

16 minutes ago, Houlon said:

I've been stuck on the dragon logo once or twice but it loaded after a few minutes. 

Have you tried a fresh install? That would rule out anything that repair may of missed.

As for the under maintenance the only thing I know of that has caused that before was WTFast

yes i uninstalled the game and ncsoft other crap and did a fresh download and installation and conundrum still persists

Guys. I got my problem solved.

When you change the informations from ClientConfiguration, YOU MUST restart the computer. 

• Nick Today at 16:13
    Hello there,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have been able to identify the issue that is causing the game client to crash upon attempting to log in. If you are using a Chroma Keyboard, running Razer Synapse, or Razer Chroma SDK Core Components software, you will need to modify the ClientConfiguration.xml file.

• To do this, first navigate to “MyDocuments\BnS\NCWEST”
    • Once in the NCWEST folder you should see the ClientConfiguration
    • Right click the ClientConfiguration file and select Edit
    • After selecting Edit you need to locate the following line <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
    • Change the value from Y to N and then Save and Close.

You should now be able to fully log into the game client.
    Please keep in mind, if you are receiving error 4049 as well, you will need to restart your PC after making these changes before you will be able to login. 

Regards,

Nick
    NCSOFT Support Team

pafernandes Today at 16:18

It didnt work. I aready disabled every razor programs and i aready did the change that you ask me to do. Its still crashing.

pafernandes Today at 16:26

It works. I had just to restart the game. Thanks

1 minute ago, Roah said:

Guys. I got my problem solved.

When you change the informations from ClientConfiguration, YOU MUST restart the computer. 

• Nick Today at 16:13
    Hello there,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have been able to identify the issue that is causing the game client to crash upon attempting to log in. If you are using a Chroma Keyboard, running Razer Synapse, or Razer Chroma SDK Core Components software, you will need to modify the ClientConfiguration.xml file.

• To do this, first navigate to “MyDocuments\BnS\NCWEST”
    • Once in the NCWEST folder you should see the ClientConfiguration
    • Right click the ClientConfiguration file and select Edit
    • After selecting Edit you need to locate the following line <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
    • Change the value from Y to N and then Save and Close.

You should now be able to fully log into the game client.
    Please keep in mind, if you are receiving error 4049 as well, you will need to restart your PC after making these changes before you will be able to login. 

Regards,

Nick
    NCSOFT Support Team

pafernandes Today at 16:18

It didnt work. I aready disabled every razor programs and i aready did the change that you ask me to do. Its still crashing.

pafernandes Today at 16:26

It works. I had just to restart the game. Thanks

this doesnt work for me done it tried and tested restarded etc etc didnt fix my issue

Just now, Dante2k16 said:

this doesnt work for me done it tried and tested restarded etc etc didnt fix my issue

Try to put `n` as `N` and restart. Before i was changing `y` to `n` and didnt work.  I dont know if im talkging bull... but try it.

Sorry to hear this. Did you sent a ticket?

2 minutes ago, Roah said:

Try to put `n` as `N` and restart. Before i was changing `y` to `n` and didnt work.  I dont know if im talkging bull... but try it.

Sorry to hear this. Did you sent a ticket?

doesnt work ive checked mine was already set to N/n

58 minutes ago, DarkLanaya said:

Ok I've some good news...

Since this morning update.

1) Turn on both razer services (Services, Razer Chroma SDK and Game Scanner)

2) Edit the config file (C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\BnS\NCWEST\ClientConfiguration.xml) put back the chroma setting to "y" (use-chroma-keyboard)

3) Clear that folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard)

4) Do a file repair, start the game

That finally worked on my pc (my laptop didn't have any problem.

IT WORKED 4 ME!!! YAYY i hope it works 4 u too guys

i havent got any razer services on my computer i dont use razer

1 hour ago, ninjarich said:

I keep on crashing :((.... i turn off everthing 3rd party.. nothing works...before the patch i played normally but then after this maintenance.. shit happens PLS HELP Admin.

made a ticket 3 hours ago no reply there services suck i am deleting the game and going to a more reliable company :D no wonder world of warcraft lasted so long besides server queues theyve NEVER caused us this type of trouble.

Been playing the game for 3 days. On the first day I was getting crashes every 10 minutes with the best solution being to disable the chroma keyboard option from within the game or from the .xml file found the BNS folder. On the second day I think crashed once going through an instance portal which seems to be another fairly common issue. Didn't look into it too much as it only happened the once. Today is my third day. I think I've crashed 10+ times in a 2 hour time span. I have done multiple service start/stops, completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game including the P.O.S. nProtect.

Since profanity is filtered, I guess I'll use the best acronym that best describes how poor this game been for me, F.U.B.A.R. I don't care if people want to compare it to vanilla WoW release, but lets be honest, that was 10 years ago and I personally believe MODERN game developers/publishers should refrain from "updating" their games if it causes untold woe for its user base.

NB nProtect is the biggest piece of garbage I have had the pleasure of working with that wasn't MacAfee AV.

NNB I have tried all of the current "fixes" and not one has resolved my problem. I also object to NCSoft asking for dxdiag information as it does NOTHING to help them solve a problem that is a direct result of them updating their own software ...

Yes... I've tallied the times I've crashed since i started playing ( well this includes DCING too) , since 3pm EST and its 1am now ( off of work huee ) it's tallied to 36 times. I'm not even lying. Kind of fed up now tbh.... SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Archived